No announcement yet.

The Tank Is In, How Will He Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's played very well other than those 3 errors against the Dragons and tactics of kicking high to his wing (which should never be done).. Should move into centre in defence though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
      Many here wanted a fit Perrett dropped for Carney..

Perret got injured, Carney gets his chance, and he has been close to rubbish since..

Will he play this weekend..??
      Perrett is solid enough. Most wingers make errors so he certainly isn't the lone ranger there.

His dummy half running and ability to leap for a small man is very valuable.

I'm tipping Graham for left wing.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Carney doesnt look like what we were lead to believe he was

Comment

His greatest strength is running the ball... he'll get more opportunities to show us what he's got if he gets to play with Carney more. He's shown glimpses but has been overshadowed by his mistakes and shortcomings.

Comment

Has looked unfit and lacking footy smarts

Comment

Lacking confidence methinks. Big time.

I have faith he can improve alot though.

Comment

Against the dragons Carney made 152m, much faster and stronger than Perrett will ever be and chopped Gasnier in half twice with bone-crunching tackles. Made one very silly mistake trying to pick up a ball he should have let go. I don't classify dropping a bullet pass to the head a mistake... he did very well to get two hands to the ball.

People have very short memories of Perrett's recent Anzac day efforts....
                Last edited by dice; 05-10-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

The nugget offers infinitely more than Graham. At least the nugget makes the bastards work hard to stop him. Graham is a rag doll with no power game.

I want to see Carney on the outside of a Todd Carney bullet cutout. I reckon hed be in the top 10 try scorers in the NRL.
                  At the moment he's trying to catch passes from spastics like Anasta and Minichiello.
                  Last edited by melon....; 05-10-2011, 01:52 PM.
                  Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                    Against the dragons Carney made 152m, much faster and stronger than Perrett will ever be and chopped Gasnier in half twice with bone-crunching tackles. Made one very silly mistake trying to pick up a ball he should have let go. I don't classify dropping a bullet pass to the head a mistake... he did very well to get two hands to the ball.

This.

No matter who we put in, our outside backs have lacked any quality ball all year.
                    SKD is a shadow of last year. Even Grahame looked good at times last year when Carney was in full flight last year.
                    Some of our tries from last year were incredible attack from anywhere on the field on the back of Carney and Pearce's working together. Anasta and Pearce have not combined at all.

JCarney has shown us glimpes of his ability but just isn't getting any quality ball. Last time out he went looking for the ball and made 16 runs for 152M. The guy made two mistakes and some think he is the only player who made mistakes that game or all year.

But I doubt he will get picked. For some reason Grahame is back in vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                      I want to see Carney on the outside of a Todd Carney bullet cutout. I reckon hed be in the top 10 try scorers in the NRL.At the moment he's trying to catch passes from spastics like Anasta and Minichiello.
                      People don't get it that Todd Carney needs attacking options. I don't care how "reliable" slugs like Perrett and BJ are. If we end up with the two slowest wingers in the comp then we can pack up and go home.

Comment

I agree 100% with everything you said, and would have him over Perrett in a heartbeat.

Comment

People don't get it that Todd Carney needs attacking options. I don't care how "reliable" slugs like Perrett and BJ are. If we end up with the two slowest wingers in the comp then we can pack up and go home.
                          And again you have hit the nail on the head!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X