X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punky rooster View Post
    lol try telling sterlo that ay
    Late Mail: Daniel Conn expected to drop off extended bench
    Aubusson will switch to the second row and Tom Symonds to center then.

Comment

Tricky week for FPN to be out, with Maubs shifting to centre.

Not sure if we can expect Symonds to play 80 minutes. The only times he's played 80 in the NRL thus far were his couple of games at centre. I'm guessing we might see Myles there for the first 15-20 mins, with Conn starting at lock. At least that gives us the extra tight forward to help our early go forward, but it does compromise our attack.

FPN is going to be the the perfect on-going solution for the first 15 in the second-row. He's versatile enough to help with the hit-ups off our line, while still having the flair to run into gaps off our halves when we're on the attack. Myles, for all his work ethic, is one dimensional.

Of course, the real left field option would be for Smith to bring Piggy back into the game for a stint as a backrower, like he used to do at the Eels. Unlikely, but it would certainly liven the chat up around here come Sunday night!

Comment

I also had a dream, That an asian looking police officer accused me of being the white antelope.

Comment

We are yet to play a good 80 minutes this season (I reckon that would still stand if you added up 80 minutes of our best plays into 1 game.
          Souffs - We played like poo then somehow still won.
          Womanly - We didn't even turn up to play.
          B00wdawgZ - They tried their best to give us the game (especially those last 10... and 12 men is no excuse! In attack you technically have more players coz of the markers and tacklers... that and if we'd played for the previous 70 minutes it wouldn't have mattered.)

So-far we have been given an extremely SOFT, EASY start to the season and have still failed. I wanna see us turn up every week feeling that even the easy games mean something. Tigers have some injuries, but Benji won't go soft (and I'd back him over Carney granted Carney is injured.) The following players need to step up:
          - Pearce
          - Nate
          - Ryles
          - FPN (edit: didn't realise he was out... whoops.)
          - SKD
          - Carney
          - JWH
          - Piggy (granted I don't have the option of cutting him out of the 18.)

Yet to see any of them play close to their potential this season... lot of wasted talent if they don't play seriously.

Comment

I don't like Sunday Footy. It just ain't our thing. Perhaps playing on Friday or saturday night is best so the guys can go to the xross and have a good time rather than stay in on Saturday nights...party hard I say!

Comment

fpn mummbled something to me .....
              the knee no good, and dal co is in.
              i think he said my knee is no good and daniel conn is playing..
              i didnt have a subtitle machine

Comment

Originally posted by past glory View Post
                fpn mummbled something to me .....
                the knee no good, and dal co is in.
                i think he said my knee is no good and daniel conn is playing..
                i didnt have a subtitle machine
                You need to learn the secret gangsta handshake. It creates a special vibe that translates a brotha's talk into perfect, articulate English.

Comment

In the real world i'm 4/4 so far in my work Nrl pool tipping comp (10th/57), this include 4 bonus points for being within the margins. But in 1/3 with my rooster tips, hope to make that 2/5 after today.

Show your potential roosters as my flatmates and their rabbitohs chanting is getting on my nerves. F*#k you, your rabbits are cream-puffs when defending the tryline. However, i did tip them this week only because there's $1,140 to the eventual pool winner

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                    We are yet to play a good 80 minutes this season (I reckon that would still stand if you added up 80 minutes of our best plays into 1 game.
                    Souffs - We played like poo then somehow still won.
                    Womanly - We didn't even turn up to play.
                    B00wdawgZ - They tried their best to give us the game (especially those last 10... and 12 men is no excuse! In attack you technically have more players coz of the markers and tacklers... that and if we'd played for the previous 70 minutes it wouldn't have mattered.)

So-far we have been given an extremely SOFT, EASY start to the season and have still failed. I wanna see us turn up every week feeling that even the easy games mean something. Tigers have some injuries, but Benji won't go soft (and I'd back him over Carney granted Carney is injured.) The following players need to step up:
                    - Pearce
                    - Nate
                    - Ryles
                    - FPN (edit: didn't realise he was out... whoops.)
                    - SKD
                    - Carney
                    - JWH
                    - Piggy (granted I don't have the option of cutting him out of the 18.)

Yet to see any of them play close to their potential this season... lot of wasted talent if they don't play seriously.

Imho the team as a whole is not playing all that differently to last season. We played Souths, Dogs and Manly last year in rounds 18, 19 and 25, by which time our style had been well established. Although the results were 3/0 compared to 1/2 over the past three weeks, the games were surprisingly similar in many regards.

Last year, we beat Souths and Dogs in the final minutes in almost identical fashion: superb balls from Carney to a flying Maubs. The scoreline in round 25 against Manly ended up flattering us, but they owned us early in that game, even more so than two weeks ago. The match was turned around by a freakish SKD try, an SKD intercept, a brilliant solo Carney try and a length of the field effort featuring Carney and SKD. Bit of a pattern there?

In round 1 this year, we were trouncing Souths until a string of penalties let them back in the game; and that was with Anasta at 5/8th. The Dogs game last week was an entertaining, high-scoring affair just like round 19 last year. It was 4 tries all, and Carney was the worst player on the field. The general team performance was better than last season's win imho. Yes, we were disappointing against Manly, given they were understrength. This team is nothing if not capable of complacency. Anyone remember Cowboys, Knights, Sharks x2 last year?

We're not going that much differently from last season. Our strengths are still our impact off the bench and our capacity for periods of sheer brilliance. We were, and remain, sometimes brittle in defence, and in a very close competition we need Carney and SKD firing to beat the better teams.

Comment

Refs doing their best to get tigers in the game.

Comment

Nervous... we are looking good, can we keep it up?

Comment

roosters 12- tigers 0

Mose is a machine ..

Comment

12-0... 2 tries + a penalty...
                            We're all over them but don't have THAT many points to prove it. Tigers look flat, Benji's kicking has been rubbish and Farah looks like he's nursing an injury.

Comment

We're looking good. SKD looks very dangerous. Glad Conn is back and Mose is pure awesome.

Hopefully we can last another 40mins and put some points on the Tigers.

Comment

12 point lead is not enough benji was put on points when he is on

Comment

Working...
                                X