No announcement yet.

Roosters v tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the biggest highlights for me as a team was our goal line defence. Absolutely outstanding today.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanner in the works View Post
      One of the biggest highlights for me as a team was our goal line defence. Absolutely outstanding today.
      true dat, true dat.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
        As good as Jake was today - big Marty was rorted of a MOM award.

120m, 18 tackles, 2 linebreaks (lol) 1 try.

I would of had:

3-Marty
        2-Jake
        1-Aubusson

Between the three of them, they had at least 5 try savers. Fantastic effort from the young players.

I can see why Maubs is one of Brian's favourites.

Halves still need to stand up.
        Good call.

Kennedy was the best on the field by far. Friend threw a forward pass and on another occassion was smashed and lost the ball. Whoever judged the ch9 MOTM this week has no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
          I reckon they were a bit harsh on those stats too, I'll pleasantly wait the update but Kennedy was immense.
          Seeing him in the clear is a funny sight. Second only to Riddell.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
            Seeing him in the clear is a funny sight. Second only to Riddell.
            I was hoping he'd do a Maori side step & just run over the fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanner in the works View Post
              I'm sure I saw a glimpse of the 2002 Roosters today.

Absolute cracker of a day. Really enjoyed the atmosphere out there today.

Comment

kennedy was easily best on ground for us today, he got 2gb mom, and was ripped for channel 9 one, overall think we should have put more points on them but our defence was outstanding, even when they made breaks our scrambling defence was awesome. This is our best 17 we have had all year, fpn for arona, but arona had a very impressive debut. Stick with this side, we dont need ryles, conn makes him look very ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by rooster of the west View Post
                  kennedy was easily best on ground for us today, he got 2gb mom, and was ripped for channel 9 one, overall think we should have put more points on them but our defence was outstanding, even when they made breaks our scrambling defence was awesome. This is our best 17 we have had all year, fpn for arona, but arona had a very impressive debut. Stick with this side, we dont need ryles, conn makes him look very ordinary
                  Arona had a super game. Didn't he put Carney through before that try saving tackle from Archer? I was very impressed with him and JCarney on their debuts. Conn made a huge difference to our go forward today. All three deserve their spots next week. Only change I'd like to see is FPN or Tasi in for Piggy.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                    Arona had a super game. Didn't he put Carney through before that try saving tackle from Archer? I was very impressed with him and JCarney on their debuts. Conn made a huge difference to our go forward today. All three deserve their spots next week. Only change I'd like to see is FPN or Tasi in for Piggy.
                    Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
                      I was really impressed with jwh as a starting prop. He played with alot of control and kept his cool.

Arona had a very solid debut as did jc.

And on a final note, was it just me or was bj playing like a man possessed? He looked dangerous when he got the ball and was superb in defence.
                      Yeah - some of the things he does look freakishly talented. He came from a fair way back to save that try in the first few minutes. He is so balanced and strong when he runs - not sure what his best position will be. Still think he will be a backrower, but showed good pace as well today.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                        your right im completely forgot about piggy, yeah drop him jake play 80 at hooker and fpn come back, thats a devastating bench, conn, mose, fpn, arona.... the roosters own WMDs.

Comment

i don't care what happens next week, but Conn deserves to maintain his spot in first grade

Comment

If they don't rest Symonds because of that Concussion rule, he will have to start.

I don't think he went off.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
                              And on a final note, was it just me or was bj playing like a man possessed? He looked dangerous when he got the ball and was superb in defence.
                              Don't know if anyone else saw this but that first try saver that he pulled off with Maubs, there was a freaking red balloon on the field and it put BJ off for a split second, by the time he looked back up, he saw McKinnon break and started his run.

I think that made it just the slightly more impressive.

Comment

I'd like to see glimpses of 02 but I'd prefer to go in a time machine and change glimpses of 00, 03, 04 and 10 so we had five trophies

Comment

Working...
                                X