• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one to blame

Its Brian smith.

He's an idiot.

Trew was right.

The last 3 weeks we have spun the ball in the first set of six in the game. He's got them thinking they are the Harlem globetrotters. His team selections are a joke, always have been.

I feel sick that he's under contract for the next 3 years.

I'm sure uncle nick will have to step in before he sees the next 3 years out.

It's tough ay... I feel like his thinking is somewhere along the lines of:
    - All my old boys need to get a run.
    - The first few rounds don't matter, they're just trials.
    - Carney and Pearce are the NSW halves pairing for shiz, don't need to worry about them.

I'm angry that he's then going in and spraying the boys + blaming them for everything. Sure they made the GF last year, but that was LUCKY! We got VERY close to missing out on the 8, and had to work our butts off to make it to the GF. We were particularly lucky that Pemriff and the Titans fielded injured/understrength teams.

We're not anything like a top 8 team on current form. We need a better game plan and more discipline... not just an angry coach spraying the players after games.

Comment

Not sure if its time for the knives yet Fred68 but his selections and tinkering with a winning team has me puzzled

The amount of changes after our best performance of the year, when they were not forced due to injury, had me very surprised

Comment

The seed has been sown...

Comment

Smith took a team of party boys from spooners to within a Tony Archer's dick, of a premiership. Sack him before its too late.

Comment

Two words CRAIG BELLAMY

"OR give smith another chance

Comment

Originally posted by punky rooster View Post
              Two words CRAIG BELLAMY

That's four words.

Comment

Originally posted by fred68 View Post
                Its Brian smith.

He's an idiot.

Trew was right.

The last 3 weeks we have spun the ball in the first set of six in the game. He's got them thinking they are the Harlem globetrotters. His team selections are a joke, always have been.

I feel sick that he's under contract for the next 3 years.

I'm sure uncle nick will have to step in before he sees the next 3 years out.
                As each week passes by i see myself agree with you more and more on Brian Smith!

At first i was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt,but after last weeks loss to the Warriors i am really starting to doubt his abilities to take us to the next step!

My main concern with him is on the defensive end.
                Our team sucks on defence,and i have seen no improvement since Round 1.
                He talks about how we may have turned the corner defensively against the Tigers,and that we have set the standard for ourselves going forward.
                But a week later we stink it up again against a crappy Warriors team,i am seriously worried.

Also the continuous inclusion of Ryles,and the late inclusion of Graham is an absolute disgrace!
                I think Smith is losing control,hope i am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by lydon View Post
                  As each week passes by i see myself agree with you more and more on Brian Smith!

At first i was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt,but after last weeks loss to the Warriors i am really starting to doubt his abilities to take us to the next step!

My main concern with him is on the defensive end.
                  Our team sucks on defence,and i have seen no improvement since Round 1.
                  He talks about how we may have turned the corner defensively against the Tigers,and that we have set the standard for ourselves going forward.
                  But a week later we stink it up again against a crappy Warriors team,i am seriously worried.

Also the continuous inclusion of Ryles,and the late inclusion of Graham is an absolute disgrace!
                  I think Smith is losing control,hope i am wrong.
                  Let me put your mind at ease lydon. You are wrong

Comment

Originally posted by punky rooster View Post
                    Two words CRAIG BELLAMY

Watch Out Punky!!! I said that after the loss to Manly and some were in an UPROAR!!!!! I copped more stick than Black Caviar.

Bellamy for the NEXT COACH, when ever that is...
                    Last edited by ROC181; 04-11-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I would love to have bellamy rather than the current idiot we have

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren View Post
                        That's four words.
                        im terrible at maths....i think i was meaning the first 2 words....i honestly cant remember

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                        Watch Out Punky!!! I said that after the loss to Manly and some were in an UPROAR!!!!! I copped more stick than Black Caviar.

ha....let the roaring start UP then
                        im happy to let smith finish his contract he has turned the club around really well.....BUt if we are looking for another coach id rather bellamy over bennet

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Should be more stick than a Kings Cross Hooker

Black Caviar has never felt the stick, Nolan has never had to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
                            Should be more stick than a Kings Cross Hooker

Black Caviar has never felt the stick, Nolan has never had to use it.
                            Kings Cross hooker? Is that team part of the E Suburbs junior league?
                            As for Black Caviar...I wouldn't know it from Beluga.

Comment

Everything that fred68 & lydon have said in this post is spot on. I don’t care how far we got last season, Smith is not right for the Roosters. I know it’s early days but I think 2010 will be Smiths only good year at the Roosters.

Comment

Working...
                              X