on a positive note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on a positive note

Going to do something a bit out of character for someone on the chookpen and be optimistic; a few things to take away from this game
    1. broncos are still the highest placed side in the comp, we played them on a ground where we traditionally don't perform and in conditions which didn't suit us
    2. A few players seemed to look as if they were coming good today, Ryles, kennedy, conn and friend all played well
    3. We are still missing the most important player we have in Todd Carney (i say STILL missing because he's been missing even in the games we played)
    4. It's early, and we've had a tough run so far, bulldogs, warriors in NZ and manly were all close games and tough games.

The rest of you may think that it's the end of the world and the end of the season in round 6, it's ridiculous, so regardless of what any of you have to say i'm going to be watching every game of 2011 and supporting the team i love, if Roosters supporters can survive 2009 we can survive anything

GO EASTS
    I support two NRL teams, the Roosters and whoevers playing Souths

We are ****ed.

Comment

The Only positive note is that my credit card is near and I can go and get a bottle of

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
        We are ****ed.
        Good on ya Cogmeister. I'm starting to think you may a bit smarter than I previously gave you credit for.

Comment

Is the glass half full or half empty? I reckon it smashed on the ground.

Comment

I also think we can turn it around before it gets too late, but we must play smarter. We cannot remain the most penalised team in the nrl. Teams that beat us this year have done half a job- we have done the other half. Handing them gift penalties and momentum up to our try line.

Today- FPN on tackle 5- dumb.
            - Friendy at the 37min mark- 1 min later the broncs score.

Handling errors were always going to play a part in the conditions- but our own self discipline is not subject to weather- we just have to cut out the dumb stuff.

Comment

The only positive this week was I didn't travel to the game and sit in the pouring rain watching that shit

Comment

There were no positives tonight. None.

The only positive I can think of at the moment is the Anzac game is on a Monday so that means we can at least enjoy most of the long weekend b4 we get smashed on Monday.

Comment

I watched it at the pub, I went home at halftime. I haven't done that since Norths led us 30-0 at ht at Henson.

Comment

Originally posted by fred68 View Post
                    There were no positives tonight. None.

The only positive I can think of at the moment is the Anzac game is on a Monday so that means we can at least enjoy most of the long weekend b4 we get smashed on Monday.
                    At least it's not on 9. I won't be watching it, waste of time.

Comment

We were beaten by a much better team. Sure we didn't do ourselves any favours but a the Broncos disciplne was very good.

Comment

Originally posted by witty92 View Post
                        Going to do something a bit out of character for someone on the chookpen and be optimistic; a few things to take away from this game
                        1. broncos are still the highest placed side in the comp, we played them on a ground where we traditionally don't perform and in conditions which didn't suit us
                        2. A few players seemed to look as if they were coming good today, Ryles, kennedy, conn and friend all played well
                        3. We are still missing the most important player we have in Todd Carney (i say STILL missing because he's been missing even in the games we played)
                        4. It's early, and we've had a tough run so far, bulldogs, warriors in NZ and manly were all close games and tough games.

The rest of you may think that it's the end of the world and the end of the season in round 6, it's ridiculous, so regardless of what any of you have to say i'm going to be watching every game of 2011 and supporting the team i love, if Roosters supporters can survive 2009 we can survive anything

GO EASTS
                        look i'm generally a positive bloke and don't usually criticize our team after every loss, but i've come to discover that there are two types of roosters fans on this forum:

1. The pessimistic supporter that calls for players to be cut and for a new coach after every loss

2. The optimistic supporter that sugercoats a loss and tries to convince them selves that it's not all as bad as it looks.

Either way, we seem to take an extreme point of view, either "we're gonna get the spoon" after losing in round 1 or "it;s still early days" in round 26. Honestly i find it funny, just like the way we're playing at the moment. There were very few positives out of this game or any of our losses to be honest, but a lot of negatives out of our two wins.

There are a few things we need to understand:

1. Competitions aren't won in april
                        2. A slow start to the season doesn't mean we're gonna end it that way
                        3.We are yet to be thrashed by a team, and considering how we've been playing that's really saying something- the opposition isn't beating us, we're beating ourselves!!!!

BUT

1.A slow start to the season makes the rest of the season so much more difficult
                        2.After round 6 the "it's still early" excuse is almost outdated
                        3.We are playing nothing like last year, even though we have the same roster and coach

Either way you look at it, next weeks game is huge!!!

A win and we can make it the turning point of our season, a loss and we're in real trouble!!!!

imo, If by round 10 we haven't won 5 games then we're no hope of making the 8

Comment

the ONLY positive about going up to Gosford for the game.......

my car got an incredibly GREAT CAR WASH by the rain, fuk it was pissing down on the F3

Comment

On a positive note;

1. Ryles has looked a lot better in the last two weeks

2. Kennedy continues to impress

3. Surely after this performance our discipline will be strongly looked at

4. SKD hasn't had a bludge out on the fringes since signing his new contract like many predicted

Now I'm struggling... hopefully Symonds is ok.

Comment

On a posuitive note:

I went out to dinner last night and missed more than half the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X