Dynasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty

Souths are starting to talk dynasties. As soon as that word is uttered by a premiership winning team, it's the kiss of death.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...04-13uk1u.html

Still, I can't see anyone getting close to them really.

Souffs are shit.

Comment

I can't see them winning without Sam Burgess. He provided a lot of their go forward and second phase play. He also held the middle nice and tight. An ageing Glen Stuart is no replacement!
      I'm super pumped for rd 2... But if I see GI do that f@#$ing goanna against us, I'm going to kill somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
        Souths are starting to talk dynasties. As soon as that word is uttered by a premiership winning team, it's the kiss of death.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...04-13uk1u.html

Still, I can't see anyone getting close to them really.

We will do better than them this season.

Hell, we would have last season had we not shot ourselves in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chooky Chookerson View Post
          I can't see them winning without Sam Burgess. He provided a lot of their go forward and second phase play. He also held the middle nice and tight. An ageing Glen Stuart is no replacement!
          I'm super pumped for rd 2... But if I see GI do that f@#$ing goanna against us, I'm going to kill somebody!
          I believe that George Burgess is a far more important player to South Sydney than Sam Burgess with Glenn Stewart and Tim Grant being very fine signings that compliment their physical, forward dominant style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post

I believe that George Burgess is a far more important player to South Sydney than Sam Burgess with Glenn Stewart and Tim Grant being very fine signings that compliment their physical, forward dominant style of play.
            Don't get me wrong, I think they will have a good season. I think they will still finish top 4. But I think he would have been the difference between bowing out in the finals and having a genuine shot at the title.
            I agree that George is probably the better player but as they play different positions, they offer different things. George is probably the best battering ram in the game but Sam opened up plenty of defenses and is a very smart footballer.

Comment

I heard it from someone on the inside of the Manly camp that the reason they didn't make Glenn Stewart any sort of offer to stay is because his knee is completely shot - he even had a secret op as pre season was starting. How much mileage souffs get from him is anyone's guess. Manly got what? 6 games out of him last year?

Comment

I think Souffs received 60 or so penalties more than we did last year. That's about 3 km and 360 extra tackles worth of possession and field position. They went one game further than we did. We even scored more tries than them. LOL.

Had Casty's try in the Penriff semi not been inexplicably denied we would have not been exhausted and the NRL would have failed for 2 years running to get them over the line.

Sorry to bring this up again, I know how angry it makes some on here to have the facts stated.

But yes, if that happens again this year, even without the testicle puller they will be mighty tough to beat. Particularly now that, thanks to their welfare premiership handed to them by the NRL, they have had the mental curse of their 40 year losing streak artificially removed.

Comment

Amen, Player 1. ****ing Amen!

I don't care how good we are... if Souffs receive an extra 80 penalties more than us again (that's right, 80, not 60) then it'll be very hard to compete with them.

Yes, you did read that correctly... 80 more penalties in a season.

Comment

I feel we are in for a potential major issue to address as the season unfolds......

What happens when BurgeArse misses the RWC squad and wants to return? Will the NRL rush him back to Souffs and bolster their squad for the Semis?

Better to raise this now and hope the media gets hold of this and debates this before it happens...
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

I don't care how good we are... if Souffs receive an extra 80 penalties more than us again (that's right, 80, not 60) then it'll be very hard to compete with them.

Ok.

4 kilometres and 480 extra tackles.

Nothing to see here, move on people...

Comment

Will be interesting to watch how keary develops this year. I think he is much more talented than Reynolds. The biggest player to miss out from burgess departure is Isaac luke. He runs the show for souths but only does so off quick play the balls. Sam burgess was never put on his back. That was his greatest contribution.

The Bondi wall will return this season. As will our crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

Actually, it was 84. But wait - there's more! They also conceded 18 fewer penalties. So the net advantage was 102 penalties.

No premiership winning team in living memory has had such a leg up.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                            I think Souffs received 60 or so penalties more than we did last year. That's about 3 km and 360 extra tackles worth of possession and field position. They went one game further than we did. We even scored more tries than them. LOL.

Had Casty's try in the Penriff semi not been inexplicably denied we would have not been exhausted and the NRL would have failed for 2 years running to get them over the line.

Sorry to bring this up again, I know how angry it makes some on here to have the facts stated.

But yes, if that happens again this year, even without the testicle puller they will be mighty tough to beat. Particularly now that, thanks to their welfare premiership handed to them by the NRL, they have had the mental curse of their 40 year losing streak artificially removed.
                            Don't be sorry P1, you are absolutely spot on and I love constant reminders of how f**ked $ouff$ are and how the NRL are such cheating mother f**king c***s and gifted $ouff$ their contrived bull$hit premiership!!

FMD if we were gifted all the favors $ouff$ were given by the NRL such as with all the truck loads of penalties for and SFA penalties against, along with all the help given by the match review committee, judiciary and match scheduling, not only would we have not lost a game all year, we would have won every game by 30+!!

$ouff$ can take their packer and ru$ty money made NRL heavily assisted bull$hit dynasty, turn it sideways and shove it fair up their f**king filthy vermin $cum piece of $hit hotdog smuggling ar$e$!!
                            The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

so nothing has changed from last year, the vermin getting away with a tonne of forward passes from dummy half and received 7 penalties in the first half, if they continue to get this help they will win the next 5 comps.

Comment

Working...
                              X