Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh Massoud, enough said

Comment

and to think just a fortnight ago we were copping it in the press that we are (implying rorting) getting around the salary because we havent lost any players !!

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
        Lose half our backline to sign some forwards? I doubt it.

It's almost as if we're trying to lose these players, $400,000 for Maloney and RTS? Are we going to make a big play for some players?

Yeh spot on, all this talk about signing forwards is well off the mark for mine. Our whole forward pack is on contract and already on pretty good coin. If we sign any forwards they will as cover for first grade, not to push someone out of the starting side.

I also think there's a good chance we'll make a big play for someone and I'm going to throw one out right from left field - Billy Slater. Turns 32 this year so probably only looking for a 2 year deal, still an elite fullback, Robbo rates him highly and he'd be the perfect fullback for Latrell Mitchell to learn from whilst he waits for his turn, ala Mini & Sheck.

700-800k for Slater plus some good media and third party deals waiting for him in Sydney I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post

I remember watching him play reserve grade for the sharks and always thought he had a lot of potential ut would make stupid mistakes. If we did buy him i think TR would turn him into a first class 5/8
          I like him.

Your right! Robbo would add the polish to his game.

He's also off-contract.

Comment

Personally I think that SKD is a priority, Maloney is a want (but can be replaced) & Tupou isn't really needed..

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Yeh spot on, all this talk about signing forwards is well off the mark for mine. Our whole forward pack is on contract and already on pretty good coin. If we sign any forwards they will as cover for first grade, not to push someone out of the starting side.

I also think there's a good chance we'll make a big play for someone and I'm going to throw one out right from left field - Billy Slater. Turns 32 this year so probably only looking for a 2 year deal, still an elite fullback, Robbo rates him highly and he'd be the perfect fullback for Latrell Mitchell to learn from whilst he waits for his turn, ala Mini & Sheck.

700-800k for Slater plus some good media and third party deals waiting for him in Sydney I'm sure.
              Hate him but I would love that so much

Comment

Slater would be awesome and we could pay big money because it'd be a short-term, stop gap buy. He would be better then any FB to bring Latrell through too, his positional play and defence is awesome.

I highly doubt it would happen though.

Comment

We're going through a transitional period in our juniors, our SG Ball side who won the comp last year have all progressed on to the 20s age group and our 20s in now largely made up of 18 year olds. It's normal for teams to struggle when they've got a young side this is nothing new and certainly not a reflection of the talent that lies within either squad. It's just the circle of junior footy.

If you're at least going to disagree do it on the basis of honest argument.

POS has been great for us, no need to look any further than the first grade side & his latest find Taukieaho.
                  Just to add to the above, we've gone into a less expensive, more sustainable & common sense approach with our junior development stream.
                  No longer are we scouting in Qld & NZ regions but utilising our Central Coast nursery more. Patience is needed because it might take some time for the next batch of CC stars to come to fruition. Up until last year the Knights have benefited i.e Uate, Mamo etc.....
                  Jamie Mathiou (POS scout for the Qld area) has moved on and with the Cowboys i believe.

Comment

Jamie Mathiou now at Titans Gman - http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/1...our_staff.html

Comment

I smell a current Rugby international coming back to league, making room in the cap now for future purchases

Comment

Riddle me this Riddle me that
                        If the BBQ wont cook the bat
                        The he who parts the red sea will come into bat.
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                          Riddle me this Riddle me that
                          If the BBQ wont cook the bat
                          The he who parts the red sea will come into bat.
                          But can the dog kick goals?
                          SoH is the only one I can think of in the club who goes fairly well.

Comment

Moses can kick goals.

Comment

Please not Moses Mbye

Comment

Originally posted by roooster15 View Post

I agree , all we hear is how good osullivan is doing with our recruitment i dont agree , our Harold matts team finished dead last , our Sg ball side finished 2nd last , and our 20s dont look like they could fight there way out of a wet paper bag , IMO none of the current 20s squad on current form would crack it in1st grade , RtS wont backflip his decison , so we will lose either SKD MALONEY or TOUPS i shudder at the thought at there viable replacements based on the SO Called Depth at our club , that will be exposed soon with the rep commitments fast approaching we must win as many games from this point on as possible to stay in touch
                                you must have forgetten about wyong
                                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X