Let's go back to original site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's go back to original site

Firstly I really appreciate the work that is done behind the scenes to keep this site up.

But this new site is just too cumbersome to navigate and use. When scrolling down the posts on an iPhone the ads take up too much room, and then the phone keyboard comes up and takes up the rest of the screen.

I notice the lack of people on this site as well as a result of the new site.

And navigating to the last page of a post is too time consuming now as you have to scroll page by page. Previously there was a LAST page.

Thoughts everyone ?

I use adblocker
    "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

In iphone ?

Comment

Embrace the change!

This forum is a an exclusive site
        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

This forum is only exclusive as a lot of people have stopped using it. I had to register again as I couldn't log in after the change and it wouldn't even let me try to reset my password.

Comment

Let's not.

I and a lot of others had a very hard time accessing the previous forum, I could browse for a couple minutes then it would stop working again.

Also if you want to get to the last page, click the arrow symbol or just type the end page number when you're in the thread.

Comment

I was trying to register for 18 months on the old site and had no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                I was trying to register for 18 months on the old site and had no luck.
                A Kegs of beer would have helped..

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                  Embrace the change!

This forum is a an exclusive site
                  I'm with you ya Coq.. the only thing I miss is the friends thingy and the simplicity due to my computer illiteracy .. I will adapt!

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                    Let's not.

I and a lot of others had a very hard time accessing the previous forum, I could browse for a couple minutes then it would stop working again.

Also if you want to get to the last page, click the arrow symbol or just type the end page number when you're in the thread.
                    Is there any way to know which thread you have posted in bar just remembering? On the old site a marker would let you know where you have posted. Might be something simple I'm missing.

Comment

Originally posted by roorooman View Post
                      In iphone ?

Yeah don't use Safari... I use a browser called AdBlock because I'm a nazi about Google trackers spying on me and pumping directed ads at me. There's other options if you're jailbroken, but don't do that just to block ads.

I'm tempted to setup a no-frills forum that people can use, and install a pre-built mobile plugin so that it looks like an app on mobile phones. IMO I could set one up in no time, stick a Roosters logo on it and go from there. Not advocating a boycott (this site is cool) but it could provide us with a more stable, no frills solution PM if you want some details and I can give you a link to test it...etc.

Again, not plotting a boycott or anything. Could be a really bad idea because I don't want to fragment the community or compete with Chris. However, IMO I could make an okay no-frills solution with no Google trackers, no ads and a cleaner (default, 'simple') theme.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Is there any way to know which thread you have posted in bar just remembering? On the old site a marker would let you know where you have posted. Might be something simple I'm missing.
                        I miss that feature and haven't figured out how to get it back.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Mate.. Simple people miss simple things?

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                            Let's not.

The Ghost Rider is a myth..

Comment

I agree Milanja. It's annoying trying to remember which thread you've posted into.

I've brought it to Chris' attention but i'm guessing it's unfortunately unavailable in this updated vBulletin version

Comment

Working...
                              X