Get behind Lou Goodwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get behind Lou Goodwin

For those who are aware there's an NRL rookie TV show about to commence in the off season where players who for whatever reason got lost in the system get 1 last chance to earn themselves an NRL contract.

I just saw that Lou Goodwin has applied to be on the show. He was our captain and best player in the 20s a few years back but struggled with depression so ended up moving back home to get himself right.

I don't know how the show will work and if voting will be involved but I think its a great story and sends a strong message to those who are in a similar position mentally given the recent suicides that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

A good player, a great story and a former Rooster. Get behind him.

ok im in !

Comment

Thanks for that background R6...wouldn't have realised.

Comment

Do you have a link to his video submission?

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post
          Do you have a link to his video submission?
          They have been uploaded here and applications close tonight at midnight.

http://nrlrookie.com/
          "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

His video submission is just him talking, here's a link to some highlights though; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWb-ve6e7ZA

Comment

Let me tell you something. Depression is a very bad thing. It's like a virus. If you don't stamp on it, it spreads throughout the mind, and then one day you wake up in the morning and you... you can't face life any more!

Then you join Souths.
              SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
                Let me tell you something. Depression is a very bad thing. It's like a virus. If you don't stamp on it, it spreads throughout the mind, and then one day you wake up in the morning and you... you can't face life any more!

Then you join Souths.
                Thanks Sybille.

Comment

I remember this kid. If I recall he was well regarded and spoken of as a future first grader but he wanted to return to the country. Sounds like he is ready for another shot!

Comment

I was pretty sure he and his younger brother signed with Mounties or maybe Windsor this season, but Lou got hurt. I also heard from one of his mates that he is heading overseas with his GF next year

Comment

Yeah I remember this kid. Looked a sure thing for FG and was suprised to hear he had given the game up a few years ago. He's a real tough as nails footballer in a similar mould to a dallas Johnson. Tackling machine too which is rare to find in the NYC.

Hope he gets a gig with a footy team.
                      Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
                        Yeah I remember this kid. Looked a sure thing for FG and was suprised to hear he had given the game up a few years ago. He's a real tough as nails footballer in a similar mould to a dallas Johnson. Tackling machine too which is rare to find in the NYC.

Hope he gets a gig with a footy team.
                        Not sure how this will work and which team gets the rookie of the year, but it seems like nine have found a way to pull the heart strings of viewers, with heart felt admissions of love, guilt, and depression of young players, plaster it all over the tv, make millions, give one kid a shot, and the rest get thrown to the waste side for their 15min of fame.

I hope all the kids get some sort of 2nd chance, and if i vote, it will be to who nine makes me feel the most sorry for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Thanks Sybill.
                          Funny, I thought you'd gone to Canada.
                          SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Working...
                          X