What's Rothfield's problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Rothfield's problem?

Although I have given up buying telecrap years ago, I found myself in a coffee shop waiting for a coffee and a sunday tele sports section left open on a table, and Rothfield in his column mentioned how the Roosters salary cap breach and fine was somehow overlooked because of the Parramatta issue. The pr**k failed to mention it was an overspending on fkn education on our U20s, and left it as if to hint that we ha committed some serious breach and were treated favourably.
    I've never liked the man, and even when some had posted here that he has been writing in favour of the Roosters sometimes, I still didn't like him.

The Roth doth giveth and taketh away...

Comment

It shouldn't matter if you are $500k over or 10k over, nobody should be over the cap, the board and those in charge, who would no doubt make good money themselves, should not let things like this happen. Every year there are a number of clubs who are over the cap by 20-40k, for a professional game, it is pretty basic stuff.

Losing points is a good deterrent in my opinion.

Comment

Any money spent on Education should be exempt , not really a rort when you consider the small percentage of players who will make it in the Big League and when 20s is over have no where to go and no defined direction.

The last thing anyone should want is to be losing players lives , because they have nothing after they leave 20s - other Clubs are struggling with this at the moment, so it is real.

Comment

Judging from his cheeks, alcohol.

Comment

Mr. Rothfield is a journalist. Again, note I use the same inflection and hatred as I would if I wrote the word pedophile.
            SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

On this occasion it is not the club he is having a swipe at. It is POS. He has a very strong dislike for POS after the Storm salary cap scandal. He believes POS should have been made more accountable for the whole situation and believes he was just as much a party to it as Waldron. He attacks him at every opportunity.

Comment

He needs to get laid. Surely there is a brothel out there that would take him....

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  He needs to get laid. Surely there is a brothel out there that would take him....

Even brothels have standards !

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    The Roth doth giveth and taketh away...
                    Classic. I love it. Stase should be here any minute now...........😁

Comment

Originally posted by Game Fowl View Post
                      Any money spent on Education should be exempt , not really a rort when you consider the small percentage of players who will make it in the Big League and when 20s is over have no where to go and no defined direction.

The last thing anyone should want is to be losing players lives , because they have nothing after they leave 20s - other Clubs are struggling with this at the moment, so it is real.
                      Except when some clubs literally don't have the money to afford university study for all their players. And then it becomes an unfair advantage for clubs who can offer the best and most expensive education. I understand what your saying and realistically education should come out of the nrl budget and not that of a club.

Comment

Working...
                      X