The only thing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing....

About origin that I care about is that our Rooster boys come through unscathed, that is all.

I share your sentiment.

It's essentially a golden era of QLD Origin players against NSW who are by far the underdogs. NSW were heroic in snapping QLD's 8 year streak last year.

However, it's all politics IMO rather than simply playing for the state where you grew up. Not only does QLD have a golden group of players, both sides have started getting all political about encouraging players to choose their team.

If anything I think the fairest selection method was 'you play for the state where your club is'... if it was that, with international players getting a go then I think you'd remove the politics and provide an incentive for players to be faithful to clubs.

I've pretty much accepted that QLD should and will win this series. My ONLY worry is that our boys are going to get injured.

Is it time to start reconsidering the need (or the profile) of Origin? I'll watch tonight for sure. However, Origin is turning into a joke IMO. If any of our boys get injured or suspended I'll be angry.

Comment

Agreed. I'm happy that there is some good entertainment available on an otherwise boring Wednesday night. The main thing I am hoping for is no injuries to Roosters players. I don't really even care who wins.

There seems to be a common theme going on. Do any New South Welshmen actually feel passionately about SOO? We are so different from those Queenslanders. I'm actually planning on moving from Hong Kong to Queensland over the next few years and I have already started to prepare my wife in expert bogan management techniques.

Comment

"......suspended I'll be angry."
        Napa isn't playing, so we should be OK.
        But, when NSW win by belting the crap out of them, he'll be in for game 2 for Gillette 'thebestamancanget', and then he'll get 6 weeks for taking someones head off

Comment

I would like Mitchell to have a good game just because of all the shit that gets heaped on him by people in both states.

I loved it in 2013 when he had lost the series and SBW took to twitter telling him not to worry and we have your back.

What a privilege it was to be a rooster in 2013.

Comment

I'm a bit upset they've postponed the pub quiz in the Henson so people can watch the game. It's an outrage.

Comment

no injuries to the roosters and a busted arm for smith. that""ll do me
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                About origin that I care about is that our Rooster boys come through unscathed, that is all.
                Amen.

Comment

I'm hoping Mitch kills it...and I would enjoy seeing the imposter coach xxxx banished to oblivion.

Comment

In order.

No injuries first and foremost. Pearce plays well in his rightful position. Qld gets flogged.
                    SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      I'm hoping Mitch kills it...and I would enjoy seeing the imposter coach xxxx banished to oblivion.

XXXX and the other arrogant Queenslanders are living on borrowed time and XXXX was just in the right place at the right time.

When Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Thurston and Smith all retire within a couple of years of each other their Origin side will be like a glorified NRL team. There is nobody coming through of that calibre for them (not even DCE). NSW will dominate for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

XXXX and the other arrogant Queenslanders are living on borrowed time and XXXX was just in the right place at the right time.

When Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Thurston and Smith all retire within a couple of years of each other their Origin side will be like a glorified NRL team. There is nobody coming through of that calibre for them (not even DCE). NSW will dominate for ages.
                        Our young guns coming through are much more proven then anything NSW have. DCE, Hunt, Morgan, Milford, Holmes are far superior to Brooks, Moses and Cornish.

Comment

imo Meninga has no idea how to coach. There is no way he could be a first grade coach. However, based on the past decade or so history may remember things differently. Imagine the uproar if Meninga was appointed as Head Coach of the Roosters!

Comment

Yes, between a Blues series victory and a Roosters win over a last placed team I'd take the Roosters victory every time.

But there is something special about Origin. Is there any other two horse competition in the world that has been so keenly contested for such a long time?

Comment

So glad our boys made it through last night ok. As for our game on Monday night, I bet those grubs Slater and Smith are at it again.
                              Pauline Robinson from the "Wall".

Comment

Working...
                              X