No announcement yet.

Sharks Field Their Strongest Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Ben Cummins on the field and Barbs out it is just about the strongest opposition we would have had to face.

The Bro's need to muscle up and play a tough power game to nullify the short 10 and be prepared to arm wrestle for long periods. Our superior class and fitness should win the game for us in the back 10 minutes of first half and 20 of second half.

Jake Friend is in the team this time ...last time it was McPissweak. Jake knows how to exploit a short 10 almost better than anyone in the comp with his dummy half running and kicking game from dummy half.

Roosters by 12...

Comment

john corey we miss you in the shire, but i do know what you mean, thery have a seige mentality down here, regard us as yuppie latte sippers! thats ok by me but sharks can be very underate3d at times , just because they continue to lose doesnt mean theyre totally shite? forget the fancy pretty stuff on sunday dominate as we did to melbourne then well win even against the massive penalty count coming against us!

Comment

So maybe we will flog them by 40 rather than 50.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
          john corey we miss you in the shire, but i do know what you mean, thery have a seige mentality down here, regard us as yuppie latte sippers! thats ok by me but sharks can be very underate3d at times , just because they continue to lose doesnt mean theyre totally shite? forget the fancy pretty stuff on sunday dominate as we did to melbourne then well win even against the massive penalty count coming against us!
          Exactly Stevo. They will play well against us. But if we aim up in the forwards like we did V Storm we will be fine.
          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
            JC, I was at that sharks game earlier this year. Remember we almost won it in the last 5 minutes anyway, however.....

Sharks realised they could do whatever they wanted in defence and not be penalised. The roosters did not adjust to this. They should have accepted that the sharks would be 5m away in defence and holding down in every tackle for 8 seconds. If they did, it wouldn't have been pretty but they still would have won. Instead they got frustrated, tried desperately to break the shackles by pushing passes and going for tries on every play. They ended up coughing up a mountain of possession through dropped balls. Sharks on the other hand made NO mistakes. They just beat us.

I saw that coming at the time and thought sharks were massive overs at $5.75. I cannot see us being stupid enough not to adjust this time, even though at Shark Park the offside and hold-down rorting will be even worse. Roosters are specials.
            Mr Fixit Cummins is the ref again. Going to be very hard.

Comment

We were just awful when we played them, from the first set we were just so bad. No point blaming the officials, it was the worst I'd seen us play in the Robbo era.

Apart from Roger, who played the best game of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                So maybe we will flog them by 40 rather than 50.
                I beg to differ....we will flog 'em by 50 instead of 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Mr Fixit Cummins is the ref again. Going to be very hard.
                  Cummins is in doubt. He did his lower back carrying a sack of brown paper bags home from the Shire.

Comment

Fine weather and a sunny afternoon. If we cannot beat our bogey team tomorrow nothwistanding the officials we don't deserve to be in the top 4 and we will never beat them.

On paper we should towel them up by 50 but football games are not played on paper. Having said that and channelling Greedz...I say we will flog the Gummies by 40+.

Comment

Originally posted by K-F-I-L View Post
                      Fine weather and a sunny afternoon. If we cannot beat our bogey team tomorrow nothwistanding the officials we don't deserve to be in the top 4 and we will never beat them.
                      Really? What if, like last time, the Sharks are allowed to do anything they like in the ruck? What if the penalties are 15-2?

The teams are all reasonably close in ability. If the will is there to screw us (and it ALWAYS is with Cummins), screwed we will be.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post

As I've said a few times this year and will continue doing as the evidence of it keeps on mounting each and every week, the nrl/packer&rusty/murdoch want and will be doing everything in their power to engineer a lol@$ouff$ vs bronco$ GF as they see that as the best thing for the game and to be able to ca$h in the most!! We have to be at our absolute best to ensure that that total disgraceful cheating corrupt bull$hit does not eventuate!!
                        What happened to Uncle Nick running the show, he has more pull then those other bozos.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Really? What if, like last time, the Sharks are allowed to do anything they like in the ruck? What if the penalties are 15-2?

The teams are all reasonably close in ability. If the will is there to screw us (and it ALWAYS is with Cummins), screwed we will be.

The referees can't always be at fault cause they get fooled by the likes of Ennis who stay down to get penalties but we don't do that cause we're the 'good guys'...if we can't beat them, then cry foul for not getting as many penalties as they do.

Comment

Working...
                          X