This Team has taken 10 years off my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Team has taken 10 years off my life

How on earth can a team put in a rubbish performance like that after the Melbourne game?
    How?
    It defies belief.
    - Michael Jennings is having a very ordinary year. He rarely touches it and when he does it's 50/50 he drops it
    - Guerra couldn't break a line made of paper mache
    - Pearce has nothing but bombs in opposition half
    - Isaac Liu is not a first grader
    - Maloney is rocks and diamonds - unreliable
    - Moa has lost 5-10 metres per run this year

That was absolute rubbish. How does it happen ????

I can't remember the last time we played that bad.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Original Stumpy View Post
      How on earth can a team put in a rubbish performance like that after the Melbourne game?
      How?
      It defies belief.
      - Michael Jennings is having a very ordinary year. He rarely touches it and when he does it's 50/50 he drops it
      - Guerra couldn't break a line made of paper mache
      - Pearce has nothing but bombs in opposition half
      - Isaac Liu is not a first grader
      - Maloney is rocks and diamonds - unreliable
      - Moa has lost 5-10 metres per run this year

That was absolute rubbish. How does it happen ????
      Seems to me that some players were saving themselves for Origin, same as last year.
      Also seems to me it was another case of "we'll just have to run onto the field to win".

Jennings should be the one being waved goodbye...not Maloney.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
        I can't remember the last time we played that bad.

The last time we played the sharks earlier this year comes to mind. They didn't play that well, we just didn't want to win. We should have scored like ten tries in this game with the breaks we made and the set ups we had.
        Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

The coaching staff and players need to be swabbed

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
            The coaching staff and players need to be swabbed
            Yes. Maybe they were all on horse tranquillisers.

Comment

Trent sound grab on 2gb just now...8am Mon...on the Sharks game

para; "After several wins, too many players looking for an easy ride. Too many players believing it was going to be an easy game, that winning was just going to happen".

Comment

that shouldn't be allowed to happen again against the sharks. HTF can this team be complacent vs the sharks???
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                  that shouldn't be allowed to happen again against the sharks. HTF can this team be complacent vs the sharks???
                  It always amazes me when I hear that old chestnut of not earning the right to play football, or not setting up the game because we went sideways looking to score every set rather than playing through the middle.

Now I agree with that philosophy entirely that we need to play through the middle and use our power game.

But what I don't get is why the players, who are told this repeatedly during training and on gameday, still end up trying to take short cuts by going wide early.

What are they thinking? Where's the leadership to tell the boys to straighten up and play through the middle? Are they stupid?

Comment

I'm just wondering if " This Team Has Taken 10yrs Off My Life" means I am now 39 instead of 49? 😏
                    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      It always amazes me when I hear that old chestnut of not earning the right to play football, or not setting up the game because we went sideways looking to score every set rather than playing through the middle.

Now I agree with that philosophy entirely that we need to play through the middle and use our power game.

But what I don't get is why the players, who are told this repeatedly during training and on gameday, still end up trying to take short cuts by going wide early.

What are they thinking? Where's the leadership to tell the boys to straighten up and play through the middle? Are they stupid?
                      Some players just are not captain material. We have at least one of those, and the other is a little quiet for that role.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
                        Trent sound grab on 2gb just now...8am Mon...on the Sharks game

para; "After several wins, too many players looking for an easy ride. Too many players believing it was going to be an easy game, that winning was just going to happen".
                        That's great coach but will you drop any of these players?
                        Like the rest of you, I can't believe that was the same team that thumped the drizzle the week before. Pathetic performance put in by almost the entire team.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Don't you think its weird how a team can turn in such a polished performance one week then turn in such rubbish the next week?
                          Then sportsbet offer such juicy odds for cronulla, this is happening a bit to often you must have you're suspicions.

Comment

Pretty slanderous thing u r alluding too there.
                            No way our players would do that.
                            Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Maybe we should forfeit the games next year against Cronulla. At least no injuries and more time for players to freshen up.

They will still be there for the finals but I'm not convinced about whether this team mentally has what it takes to win the premiership. Thank god Fergo is back soon and I think the team will take some confidence once he is back and playing well. He is a definite game breaker although not in a spine position, gives us a bit more x factor.
                              Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Working...
                              X