No announcement yet.

Stop Gap Fullback Solution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm a drunk comedian with a Mullens fixation, and Pearce can't play fullback coz Anasta couldn't and there's no one in Australia who can fill his boots in the halves???

Wonder if anybody else reckons he could make a fist of the fullback role, assuming we find Horrie Jr a scrumbase partner?

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
      So I'm a drunk comedian with a Mullens fixation, and Pearce can't play fullback coz Anasta couldn't and there's no one in Australia who can fill his boots in the halves???

Wonder if anybody else reckons he could make a fist of the fullback role, assuming we find Horrie Jr a scrumbase partner?
      A backline of:

1. Pearce
      2. Burgess
      3. Fergo
      4. Jennings
      5. Skd
      6. Foran
      7. Peter Sterling Jnr's Shadow

Would not be terrible.

SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Brian smith is that you?? I thought you were over in England coaching Wakefield mate...

Comment

Short answer...no!

Comment

Steady Eddie.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

will you drop kicks forget about Foran he isn't coming here, end of story, no more big signings till we see how Hayne fairs in his NFL trials.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Short answer...no!

Long answer???????

Comment

Long answer???????
                  Nowaymaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

Comment

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
                      You know what MrEd I am hearing ya, your idea isn't that out there.

Well it is, but doesn't mean it couldn't work.

In all honesty has Pearceorf done that bad a job this season??? Last season??? 2013??? Ever???

Have a look at this year alone, hes appointed captain. We lose Mini and $BW and their vast expierence. We lose Meehan and MLK, our forward depth. We lose our other captain and hooker for the first month or so. We have done without JWH and Fergo more than they've played. We have had RTS and Baloney sign away and the papers have had a field day. He makes Oranges again and after losing game 1 plays very well to help us win game 2. And we just found ourselves beating the best defence in the comp to claim a top 4 birth.

What else can he do??? I mean what else do we demand from the bloke???

Surely moving him to FB would just lose the coach the dressing room. Remember Freddy and Smiffy and their out there antics???

Or is this just a Rusty style gee up??

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Lacks the explosiveness needed and I would have serious doubts under the high ball, not to mention his positioning. It's not a position you can just learn over night and to my knowledge has no background suggesting he would be a success there

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

Or is this just a Rusty style gee up??

My reputation precedes me.

No, it was a serious suggestion, based on the fact that I like Pearce as a footballer, but have never thought he is the halfback we need.
                          Maloney seemed better under pressure to me, and I would've preferred a Halves pairing of him and Hastings.
                          I never would of considered playing any of Anasta, Soward or Wing at fullback.........but see Pearce as a different situation.
                          Positioning play at fullback is something that can be learned quickly by someone who's played nearly 200 first grade matches, and all first graders should be able to catch a high ball.

But, seeing as I've been collectively shot down, I reckon Pearce should play the running 5/8 role, and we give Hastings a go at running the show from halfback.
                          We still need a fullback for next year.
                          Our 3/4 line is stocked, especially since we were lucky enough to jag Fergo, and we sign a bloody winger?

Last edited by eddie; 06-24-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Our club really stuffed up offering Mini another year and as much as I admired him I find his retirement pr and constant media coverage a punish. a season in the shadows preferred. No wonder RTS took the money to escape from the Mini shadow and old boy legacy Nick has set up at the club.

Comment

Well with us re-signing tupou and Hastings having to play in the halves, I think Latrell may get the gig earlier than expected, especially if Fergo s injured. If Fergo is fully fit though SKD moves to centre(which I don't like to see) , fergo to fb, and Latrell to wing (RTS style).

Could do worse than having an in form fergo running in open space.
                              Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                                Our club really stuffed up offering Mini another year and as much as I admired him I find his retirement pr and constant media coverage a punish. a season in the shadows preferred. No wonder RTS took the money to escape from the Mini shadow and old boy legacy Nick has set up at the club.
                                Can't agree with any of that.
                                Mini was far from a liability last year, and RTS was well out of his "shadow" after the first few rounds this year.
                                Looking after players that have given the club great service, and were fan favourites, is a commendable and sensible approach to running a football club.
                                You make it sound like the club treated Roger poorly.
                                If he had to "escape", .....it questions his ethics much more than any of the blokes in your imaginary old boys club.

Comment

Working...
                                X