Stop Gap Fullback Solution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Beat me to it. That's one of left field. Still one of the best.
    Would have to release 2, possibly 3 established first graders to fit him in - who do you propose we release?

Not to mention he is on a serious downward slide in terms of pace, regularly injured too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      Couldn't do any worse than Anasta
      LOL that was the worst decision ever and it wasn't even Braith's fault!

Comment

I am surprised that no-one has as yet suggested Brendan Elliot. Has some distribution skills and great under a high ball and could fill the gap perhaps?

From what I have seen of LMitchell he seems a long way off grade atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

I don't think your idea is silly at all.

I think some of his strengths could align with the fullback position.

The key questions would be ability under the high ball and positional play of course.

That said, I can't see it happening. Robbo has a conservative approach to these sorts if things. He will want someone with substantial NRL first grade experience in such an important role, so I think we can safely rule out Latrell, Burgess, Nikorama, Omar Sharif and such for now.

I'd say our fullback next year will be Fergo, perhaps Tupou (pending outstanding trial form from someone else).

I still think we missed out on a great chance to get Michael Gordon for a couple of years. How much are the Eels paying him?
          Would have loved Gordon. Probably the only player on the market id have wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
            The key questions would be ability under the high ball and positional play of course.
            Agreed, but the same rule applies if we were to shift Fergo there, ..... or Tupou or SKD or Burgess or Elliot.

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
              Pearce will be fine playing 6... I'm predicting he'll be the happiest Pearce we've ever seen with Smokin' Joe at the back at least until Latrell is ready...
              I like the idea of Hastings at halfback, assuming they'll go to him on the last play more often than Pearce.

Comment

Originally posted by Renman View Post
                I am surprised that no-one has as yet suggested Brendan Elliot. Has some distribution skills and great under a high ball and could fill the gap perhaps?
                From what I have seen of LMitchell he seems a long way off grade atm.
                I think Elliot is a depth player for the 3/4's.
                If we have to manufacture a fullback for the time being, it might as well be a regular first grader.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post
                  Would have loved Gordon. Probably the only player on the market id have wanted.
                  If we got him for two years it would of solved things, he's a handy goal kicker as well.
                  At the time we were probably exploring other options , but you'd have to think Gordon's manager did him a disservice by not waiting till nearer season's end before committing him to Parra....................unless they were paying a lot..

Comment

Working...
                  X