AVO lodged against SKD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    I believe he has another day in court in mid-September.

September the 16th or around then. Which would be the Wednesday after week 1 of the finals. So if we were to win in week 1 that'd give him roughly 9 or 10 days before a Prelim to prepare.

Another reason why a win in week one win is so important.
    Also MJ on the 14th.

IMO that's most likely their hearing dates too. Good luck to both of them. Neither have been 'suspended' for their alleged actions, so if both are convicted, we'll be without SKD and Jennings for our first knockout game during the finals.

If both are cleared... we'll have SKD back for this game. Good luck to both of them. Guess we'll see? At least if worst comes to worst, we'll know their fate by next year and be able to plan for it if things don't go their way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Also MJ on the 14th.

IMO that's most likely their hearing dates too. Good luck to both of them. Neither have been 'suspended' for their alleged actions, so if both are convicted, we'll be without SKD and Jennings for our first knockout game during the finals.

If both are cleared... we'll have SKD back for this game. Good luck to both of them. Guess we'll see? At least if worst comes to worst, we'll know their fate by next year and be able to plan for it if things don't go their way.
      Surely Jennings' case is relatively trivial - being disrespectful, using bad language... that kind of thing. He pissed off a couple of police offiicers - he didn't draw a gun on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Also MJ on the 14th.

Without checking back fully on the details of the matters, my recollection is that there were adjournments for full briefs of evidence to be served by the Police by a certain date. The matters go back before the Court in September and if a plea of not guilty is maintained then it will be listed for hearing. So, on the basis of not guilty pleas I don't think these matters will be heard until much later in the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

I had Sep 7 in my head but I'm more than likely wrong.
          Actually I think you are right - I'm pretty sure it's September 7 as well, which means I'm not expecting him to take the field against the Vermin on September 4, just a few days before.

He would be out of condition anyway - I suspect he's probably lost weight due to stress and it would take time to get him back to full fitness. I don't recall him being anywhere near the training paddock the past few weeks.

Personally, I would prefer SKD to get concentrate on his personal well being and forget about playing footy for season 2015. Return for pre-season and have a terrific 2016. Short term pain for long term gain for SKD and the club.

NC
          Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

• Kenny-Dowall is facing 10 charges of domestic violence, including assault, stalking and intimidating and is due back in court on September 17
            ROOSTERS winger Shaun Kenny-Dowall has been readmitted to hospital as he struggles to deal with the ongoing court case relating to charges of domestic violence against his former partner.

Having returned to training with the eastern suburbs club and being in the squad to face Newcastle, SKD is reported to have returned to the private clinic for assistance with managing stress and anxiety around the case.
            The Australian reports that Roosters CEO Brian Canavan would not confirm the 27-year-old’s situation after his name was missing from the team sheet ahead of Saturday night’s match against Parramatta at Allianz Stadium.
            “He’s continuing with his treatment and not yet in a position that he can return to actually playing,” Canavan said. “It’s a day-by-day, week-by-week proposition.”
            Kenny-Dowall is facing 10 charges of domestic violence, including assault, stalking and intimidating and is due back in court on September 17.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Surely Jennings' case is relatively trivial - being disrespectful, using bad language... that kind of thing. He pissed off a couple of police offiicers - he didn't draw a gun on them.
              While it's not possible to predict court outcomes... yes, you'd think he'd get off ay?

IMO the charge is essentially for not bending over and giving the cops a tub of vaseline when 3 of them approach your group and try to be the big men.

In the past judges have said 'don't waste my time' when cops have laid charges on people for saying 'get farked you stupid pigs!!!'

IMO the prosecutors will try to get a minor fine or conviction though... and that can be tough. If the judge reads the law word by word then they might say 'well you did no harm, but technically you did the crime'. ALSO... Jennings was busted driving on a suspended license or something after 2013? He could be in breach of his good behaviour conditions if it's within 18 months. That would spell big trouble...

Comment

• i be suprised if SKD plays again this year especially with how Elliot is going

Comment

• Looked pretty happy on the sideline there tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                    i be suprised if SKD plays again this year especially with how Elliot is going
                    I won't be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I won't be.

you out of the stockade JT- What happened to your Newsagency- you ripped me off 50 cents

Comment

Working...
                      X