AVO lodged against SKD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriyaki Chicken Boy View Post
    Unless they share ownership of property or custody of a child why would there be any financial settlement in any form?
    Under Australian Law, separating de facto couples have substantially the same rights and liabilities as those of married couples with regard to property settlements. This includes claims for spousal maintenance and superannuation “splits”.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriyaki Chicken Boy View Post
      If she is anything like her mother then SKD should have no problems;

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northe...-1227105261200
      Yes not the best family to get involved with

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

How would I know? I just cut oranges.
        It was a question for the forum, not the orange boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chooky View Post

Under Australian Law, separating de facto couples have substantially the same rights and liabilities as those of married couples with regard to property settlements. This includes claims for spousal maintenance and superannuation “splits”.
          Is that relatively new? I totally understand if there has been joint purchases of property or there are kids involved. But a couple live together for 18 months and then after breaking up there are legal and financial consequences?! I'm not saying it isn't true but that is insane.

Comment

I remember watching the skd /knerbone biatch and saying whst is this bloke doing...he will get into trouble with this one
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I for one will be giving SKD the benefit of the doubt, for the moment.
              Originally posted by jism
              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Ahh **** it.
                Last edited by Bigchook; 07-17-2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Rooster View Post
                  Another rubbish story about a poor black mother, who needed a well to do father to look after them, and pay all the bills, it'll be thrown out of court. Hope they enjoy life back in Darwin.
                  It should be thrown out of court, but 'funny' things can happen in courts...especially where poor mothers are involved.
                  Then there's that "keep her in the style to which she's become accustomed" thing that seems to rear its ugly head in legal cases sometimes...or in that only in America?
                  Either way it looks like costing him money..."all roads lead to lawyers".
                  If only I'd been smart enough to become a lawyer.

http://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/publi...-law-factsheet

Who do the laws about de facto relationships apply to? You can make an application for a ‘de facto property settlement‘ under the Family Law Act provisions if any one or more of the following conditions apply:
                  • your de facto relationship with your partner lasted for at least two years in total;
                  • you have a child with your de facto partner;
                  • you have made a substantial contribution to the property or finances of your partner;
                  • the relationship was registered under a State or Territory law; and
                  • you lived for at least one-third of your relationship in NSW or another state to where the laws apply (currently all Australian states and territories except Western Australia.)

######

Hmmm.
                  Never a good idea to claim someone else's child as your own...IMO

. Your future needs, including considerations such as who will have the care of any children, your relative earning capacities, and any financial resources available to either of you.

#####

Not his child with her...so she has no claim...IMO.
                  Should have no claim.

Last edited by bondi-boy; 07-17-2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    For sure.

How does an 18 month de facto relationship entitle someone to some of someone else's money? It's absurd.

And leads to AVOs being taken out as a legal strategy. Not that I'm suggesting that's what has happened here as I have NFI.
                    Anyone can allege anything against anyone..."She says, he says".
                    People tell the truth, and people make false allegations.

The cops are supposed to obtain EVIDENCE before they charge people with a crime.

Cops these days are way too fond of charging people with crimes without any actual evidence, only on the strength of what a person alleges.

If SKD is facing being sent to prison, then let's have a big huge public trial...and lay the whole relationship bare on the court table for all the world to see.
                    ...all the alleged sins of both parties detailed.

Comment

He should change his name to Kirisome so the NRL "Integrity" Unit put the issue to one side until after the GF.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        He should change his name to Kirisome so the NRL "Integrity" Unit put the issue to one side until after the GF.

Yes, walk around in society in a different jersey.

Comment

who knows what the real story is here, but it is remarkable how well SKD has been playing over recent weeks when you think about the stress he would be under, dealing with a relationship breakup and associated issues.

never thought I would say it but would be a massive loss if he misses any game time, his charges early in our kick return sets is what gets us going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                            who knows what the real story is here, but it is remarkable how well SKD has been playing over recent weeks when you think about the stress he would be under, dealing with a relationship breakup and associated issues.

never thought I would say it but would be a massive loss if he misses any game time, his charges early in our kick return sets is what gets us going forward.
                            Agree.

He hasn't been charged with any crime...so he should be allowed to keep playing.
                            You'd hope the Club doesn't overreact.

Comment

Speaking from experience with a family member ,it is relative easy to get avo 's these days. I for one have to eat my words,skd has been playing out of his skin recently. Let's hope his form doesn't get effected during this difficult time

Comment

Exactly. At this stage all the club needs to do is have a conversation with him and wait to see what happens. I also really hope there is no knee-jerk reaction to please those who need pleasing.

Comment

Working...
                                X