AVO lodged against SKD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well said.

I've come to terms with the fact that SKD will not be back this year. It's now highly unlikely at best. And all that matters is his welfare and getting him right to come back in 2016, as it'd be tragic if this ended his career.

If we win the comp from here with everything we'll have had to overcome then it'll be an all-time great effort.

Comment

• Personally I would have thought getting back on the paddock could improve his welfare. I'm not him, so respect and support any decision he makes.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
        Seriously everyone.

Firstly, football is the least of SKD's worries right now. How can he focus on football, executing gameplans, tackling, scoring tries, when he has a BIG court case hanging over his head right now, innocent or otherwise.

Secondly, it's not just a matter of saying I'm innocent. Because you can't look at the charges in clear black and white. There are areas of grey. For every thing she has accused him of there is no doubt a counter argument from SKD. Mitigating circumstances, provocation. On BOTH sides.

Finally, SKD has enough on his plate without having to worry about whether he is letting his teammates down by not being there to help when we're down on troops.

There is more to life than football. And everyone is different. Some people can cope with this sort of stress better than others. Some can block it out and put their energies into something else - such as football. Others can't.
        Well said MR. SKD's long term well being is far more important than any football game.

I'm sure I've read and heard before that SKD always supports suicide prevention activities because his family had been affected by suicide or depression. And if that is the case, everyone involved with SKD needs to ensure that he has all the support and assistance he needs to get through every day. And that's I suspect that is what he is doing at the moment, getting by one day at a time.

If taking an extended break from footy is what SKD needs, then I'm all for it. All I want is that he is OK long term.

NC
        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
          Seriously everyone.

Firstly, football is the least of SKD's worries right now. How can he focus on football, executing gameplans, tackling, scoring tries, when he has a BIG court case hanging over his head right now, innocent or otherwise.

Secondly, it's not just a matter of saying I'm innocent. Because you can't look at the charges in clear black and white. There are areas of grey. For every thing she has accused him of there is no doubt a counter argument from SKD. Mitigating circumstances, provocation. On BOTH sides.

Finally, SKD has enough on his plate without having to worry about whether he is letting his teammates down by not being there to help when we're down on troops.

There is more to life than football. And everyone is different. Some people can cope with this sort of stress better than others. Some can block it out and put their energies into something else - such as football. Others can't.

What world do you live in I know in the real world outside of playing elite sport If you have these type of problems then your employer expects you to not only work but work to a satisfactory standard You dont get leave with pay

This isnt me saying SKD should play more me showing serious flaws in your 1st sentence
          When you trust your television
          what you get is what you got
          Cause when they own the information
          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

What world do you live in I know in the real world outside of playing elite sport If you have these type of problems then your employer expects you to not only work but work to a satisfactory standard You dont get leave with pay

This isnt me saying SKD should play more me showing serious flaws in your 1st sentence
            In the real world you get sick leave paid or unpaid. I did my back 15 years ago outside of work and I had plenty of leave to take. Even insurance covers leave due to illness.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

In the real world you get sick leave paid or unpaid. I did my back 15 years ago outside of work and I had plenty of leave to take. Even insurance covers leave due to illness.
              In the real world its about 10 days accrued sick leave a year paid the rest unpaid Insurance is your own business if you choose to take it out SKD has now been off work for about a month You have got away from my point trying to be argumentitive about this Do you honestly think your employer or mine would give paid leave if you were in the same position I k ow mine and many others wouldnt You would be expected to work and work to a satisfactory level That is the real world not the world of the problems of a elite sportsman who is being given as long as it takes to sort his head out Although to be honsest Im not so sure him not playing is just about this I have a feeling the club dont want to play him until he is cleared of this
              Last edited by Andrew Walker; 08-25-2015, 05:19 PM.

John Mayer

Comment

In the real world its about 10 days accrued sick leave a year paid the rest unpaid Insurance is your own business if you choose to take it out SKD has now been off work for about a month You have got away from my point trying to be argumentitive about this Do you honestly think your employer or mine would give paid leave if you were in the same position I k ow mine and many others wouldnt You would be expected to work and work to a satisfactory level That is the real world not the world of the problems of a elite sportsman who is being given as long as it takes to sort his head out Although to be honsest Im not so sure him not playing is just about this I have a feeling the club dont want to play him until he is cleared of this

Well not sure about your work situation but I had so much leave accrued that I was out for over s month, paid. SKD has a contract better than what mine was so I'm sure he had more time to be off..

Comment

I think you may be missing the point. So if you ran a business in the real world and one if your staff had to check into hospital because of a mental health issue, you would tell him to get back to work or else. So you would treat a mental health issue differently to a physical injury?

Comment

If you get a certificate from the doctor to state that you are unfit for work, then no employer should have a problem with it, if you break a leg and cannot work, work will cover you until your sick leave runs out, or the doc says you are fit for work, same with a mental health problem.

My thought on him coming back, was meant that it may help him, by taking his mind off everything else going on and get some confidence and normality back in his life, does anybody actually know if he is training with the team, or has he totally stepped clear? Thought him being in the coaches box a few weeks back was a sign of him still being involved with the team.

Comment

• If he felt right to play, he would be playing. If he isn't, then how do people expect he will perform in those circumstances? I just don't understand how people do not get this.

Comment

• Hopefully his counselling will include the realisation that no matter what the legal outcome of his case/trial there'll be people in our society who will see him as, and call him a "wife-basher"/"woman-basher" etc...and there's absolutely nothing he can do about it except deal with whatever happens in court, deal with whatever happens as a result of the court case...then leave it all behind, learn the lessons from it, and move on.
                        He has a long way to go in life.
                        Last edited by darcy; 08-25-2015, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                          If he felt right to play, he would be playing. If he isn't, then how do people expect he will perform in those circumstances? I just don't understand how people do not get this.
                          I think there is a little more to it than just this I for one second do not believe or have never believed that we would see SKD playing till this mess is sorted by the courts

John Mayer

Comment

I think there is a little more to it than just this I for one second do not believe or have never believed that we would see SKD playing till this mess is sorted by the courts

Have to wait and see I suppose. It has nothing to do with Court dates though. It has all to do with Shaun's mental health.

Comment

• Fox news reported at lunch time today that Saun will be leaving hospital tomorrow Thursday 27th.

Comment

• Originally posted by gragra View Post
                                Fox news reported at lunch time today that Saun will be leaving hospital tomorrow Thursday 27th.
                                Glad we aren't playing tomorrow then...some would have skd popping straight on the bench in his hospital gown.

Comment

Working...
                                X