Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a thought??? How would Elliot go at fullback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought??? How would Elliot go at fullback?

He's good under the high ball, pretty good defender & has a go in attack.. Just thinking out loud.

I asked that question here myself. I think the main objection was no evidence of ball playing skills and no experience in the position, but I reckon he could be groomed as a latter day Luke Philips.

Comment

I don't think a lot of us saw RTS with all these ball playing skills either.. But it also confuses the issue with Burgess coming next year & Elliott signing for another 2 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
        I don't think a lot of us saw RTS with all these ball playing skills either.. But it also confuses the issue with Burgess coming next year & Elliott signing for another 2 seasons

Interesting times ahead, I am sure the Robbo has a plan on what he is going to do. The club has now got so many outside backs as well as the lower grades, can't see too many hanging around here for next season

Comment

Elliot's pass against the Warriors should ensure he never passes a ball again.

Comment

He tries hard, but FB ? At the expense of who? The fact is unless we have injuries or are resting players he doesn't see first grade.

Comment

Heard Gus comment about Latrell Mitchell's 80 metre try in the 20's. He said it was a good one. Anyone see it?
              I have a feeling Ferguson will be FB next year. I hate the idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                Heard Gus comment about Latrell Mitchell's 80 metre try in the 20's. He said it was a good one. Anyone see it?
                Saw it on the big screen as I was walking into the ground. 100m try to win the game at the death.

Comment

I think Elliott would get rag dolled worse than Mini.

Comment

Yes. It was a good try helped made up for a lot of mistakes he made during the game

Comment

It was a good one, he initially threw a pass after taking the ball then received the ball again and 90 metres later a spectacular try with a great run up the sideline.

Comment

He has talent, but also a lot of unforced errors in his game, is at least another season away from first grade, then with a big off season to bulk up abit.

Comment

With just a handful of game in the top grade you'd be asking a lot of him to play fullback.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

It was a good one, he initially threw a pass after taking the ball then received the ball again and 90 metres later a spectacular try with a great run up the sideline.
                            Palmed off two cover defenders on the way to scoring...........shades of a very young Inglis!!!

Comment

I still think that he's a way off first grade. He still isn't consistent enough & needs some work on his defence. At times he has hands like plates. He'll get there but I just don't see him as being ready

Comment

Working...
                              X