Getting a Top 2 position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Top 2 position

Obviously, we cannot afford to drop any games. I was at first thinking that leap frogging the Cowboys to grab second, but their run home is pretty favourable.

The Broncos are going gangbusters, but it is not impossible for them to lose 3 of the following:

Eagles (away)
    Roosters (away)
    Rabbitohs (away)
    Dogs (home)
    Storm (home)

If they do and we keep winning, we'll grab a Top 2 spot.

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
    Obviously, we cannot afford to drop any games. I was at first thinking that leap frogging the Cowboys to grab second, but their run home is pretty favourable.

The Broncos are going gangbusters, but it is not impossible for them to lose 3 of the following:

Eagles (away)
    Roosters (away)
    Rabbitohs (away)
    Dogs (home)
    Storm (home)

If they do and we keep winning, we'll grab a Top 2 spot.

That's a tough draw for them. Against a Manly doing their best for 2V Us and the Vermin away and 2 teams desperate to make the 8. They could easily drop 3-4 games there.

Comment

You would bet against it. But last year we also did a Bradbury to get the Minor P. I am convinced we will beat them so there's a four point bonus there.

Comment

Chasing the minor premiership last year ended up costing us the premiership. Last night we already suffered a similar fate with Moa injury and Evans pending suspension.

Sole focus this year needs to be the making the finals with a full strength side.

Comment

We can beat any team at our best. In fact we will beat all teams at our best. But I don't really wanna go to Townsville or Suncorp in the first week. So hopefully Broncos slip up.
          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
            Chasing the minor premiership last year ended up costing us the premiership. Last night we already suffered a similar fate with Moa injury and Evans pending suspension.

Sole focus this year needs to be the making the finals with a full strength side.

What would you suggest we do with our healthy players?

Comment

Originally posted by rooster_booster View Post

What would you suggest we do with our healthy players?

As much as it annoys me watching our forwards playing touch footy at times, I get it. Injuries and suspensions are the key to a premiership.

Once a top 4 spot is secured our priority should be self-preservation. Use the opportunity to give the younger guys some valuable experience, and try out some new attacking moves. No kamikaze hitups from our key forwards.

Comment

As much as it annoys me watching our forwards playing touch footy at times, I get it. Injuries and suspensions are the key to a premiership.

Once a top 4 spot is secured our priority should be self-preservation. Use the opportunity to give the younger guys some valuable experience, and try out some new attacking moves. No kamikaze hitups from our key forwards.

As soon as you go at anything less than 100%, that's when you get hurt. They should continue to play tough, in my opinion. Winning is a good habit and breeds confidence.

Comment

well thurston just limped off........
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

lets hope its a bit more than ankle soreness?

Comment

Are you kidding me?! This games not about self preservation. I want to be entertained every time I watch us play.
                      Maybe you should try soccer.

Comment

Well manly are doing us a favor. And I am glad they are playing well coz it means we will be switched on against them.
                        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                          lets hope its a bit more than ankle soreness?
                          No. I want Pearce to laugh at him at a scrum with 5 minutes to go as we are about to kick them out of the comp.

Comment

The odds of a home qualifying final shortened tonight. As long as we keep winning, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Are you kidding me?! This games not about self preservation. I want to be entertained every time I watch us play.
                              Maybe you should try soccer.
                              Actually, it is a scientific FACT that it is impossible to give 100% each and every week. So, in FACT self-preservation is a key element to success in strength-related sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X