Ryan Matterson signs for the Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Matterson signs for the Roosters

We have signed the Eels U20s captain and 5/8 Ryan Matterson.

He played U20s NSW Origin, got blooded in the Eels NSW Cup side Wentworthville and at the end of 2014 was called up to the junior Kangaroos. There is thought that he didn't see any first grade this season because of the farcical second tier salary cap. In 2014 he scored 19 tries in 24 games.

This seems to have come about from the signing of Foran and we may have just had a long-term Jimmy replacement fall in our laps.
    Last edited by rooster_booster; 08-04-2015, 04:22 AM.

What are we going to do with all these halves if Pearce & Hastings really takeover together?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
      What are we going to do with all these halves if Pearce & Hastings really takeover together?

Turn them into back up hookers, see if we can discover a Jake Granville to compliment Friend

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Turn them into back up hookers, see if we can discover a Jake Granville to compliment Friend
        At 190cm and 110Kgs, I don't think Ryan Matterson will turn into a hooker.

Comment

He might end up as a lock then.....

Comment

Is there a link or an official report of this signing? My mate who supports Parra believes that they re-signed him last year till 2017?

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
              Is there a link or an official report of this signing? My mate who supports Parra believes that they re-signed him last year till 2017?

Ryan Matterson released from his contract early to sign a two-year deal with the Roosters. Too much crap going on at Parramatta

Comment

With the rumoured demise of the Holden Cup the club will have to field a reserve grade team I suppose these new signings are for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                  With the rumoured demise of the Holden Cup the club will have to field a reserve grade team I suppose these new signings are for that purpose.

Yes the same for us, Parramatta and other clubs. I can't see him lasting too long as a 5/8 too big, he could be like Sironen a 5/8 in a forward's body who is no good

Comment

Originally posted by Chooky View Post

Yes the same for us, Parramatta and other clubs. I can't see him lasting too long as a 5/8 too big, he could be like Sironen a 5/8 in a forward's body who is no good
                    Fittler is as big as alot of forwards and he did well in the postion.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

Fittler is as big as alot of forwards and he did well in the postion.

Yes but not too many as good as Fitler who at 1.86 m and 96 kilo, compared to Matterson at 192cm and 103 kg. Will be interesting how he goes

Comment

Interesting signing, could mean anything.

Could just be a depth signing, could be a project player who the club plan to turn into a second rower or could be a genuine chance of playing First Grade with Hastings possibly playing fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                          Interesting signing, could mean anything.

Could just be a depth signing, could be a project player who the club plan to turn into a second rower or could be a genuine chance of playing First Grade with Hastings possibly playing fullback.

I think Hastings best position is hooker, he is built like a hooker as well, but obviously we have a very good hooker here, he is not a fullback or quick enough to stay there

Comment

He's 6"1'. And Rog is hardly greased lightning.
                            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Roger is very quick over the first 20m, he just doesn't have the high top end cruising speed of a Ferguson.

Comment

Working...
                              X