MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP

Who would you rate as our 3 most valuable players heading into the pointy end of the season?

I'd go -

RTS
    JWH
    Fergo

Hard to leave out Maloney.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
      Hard to leave out Maloney.
      True and i love Jimmy.

It's hard to split them all.

Comment

Good we aren't a one man team like the team above us and the team below us on the ladder.
        It would be great if Pearce's running game was as good as this time last year.

Comment

Something Fittler said during the Dogs match I thought was a little odd. When JWH started his rampage late in the 2nd which led to Fergos try, Freddy said something like 'Yeah give it to the toughest man Jarryd and then give it to the best player, Fergo to score the try...yeah'. I'm sure most here would agree that Roger is MVP for us this year. Of course Freddy, like many commentators just don't think before opening their mouths...maybe he was just too excited.
          I'd also say that SKD is up there with his try and defensive efforts. Maloney with his kicking.
          Last edited by ROC181; 08-06-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Maloney in form can win it for us.
            "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

so why did we cut maqlony loose next year, makes you wonder?

Comment

Its quite clearly RTS by the length of the straight. His efforts from the back start every one of our sets off on the right foot, plus he has managed to rack up quite a few try assists this year as well chiming into the back line. His bomb defence and linebreak defence has improved out of site this season as well. Makes a tonne of one on one tackles when players go through.

JWH would be my second pick, which again is quite easy as the difference in our intensity when he is on the field compared to when he is off is just stupid. We go from the best team in the comp to middle of the road when he isn't on the field.

Friend would be my third pick, largely because he is just so important to the side. His last tackle kicking options have earned us plenty of repeat sets, and his long kicking out of dummy half is better than anything Pearce serves up.

Others have been very impressive this year. Jennings, SKD, and Ferguson have all proven very valuable, but we do not rely on them and have shown to be able to win without them.

The best way to judge MVP is to imagine each player being taken out of the team for the season, and how it would affect us. I genuinely believe that if RTS was not in our squad this year, we don't make the 8. Similar for JWH. And before anyone jumps up and down with that comment, just remember the difference is only going to be maybe 3 wins by season's end.If you don't think RTS or JWH is worth an extra 3 wins in a season you have rocks in your head. We could probably just scrape into the 8 without Friend, but wouldn't go anywhere from there. Anyone else in the side is completely replaceable after a couple weeks to adjust to their absence.

Comment

I'd have Friend, RTS, JWH & Aubbo. Aubbo doesn't do anything really flashy but he is just so consistent & reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                    Maloney in form can win it for us.
                    Jimmy has a CC medal to win before he heads down to the Shire.

It would be poetic justice and the perfect way for him to finish his tenure with us.

Comment

#1 friend.

Comment

Trent "Robbo" Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          Good we aren't a one man team like the team above us and the team below us on the ladder.
                          This is a great place to be, we have the best all round team in the Competition that is why no one really stands out like other sides.

Everyone of our team members do their part as assigned by the coaching staff ( which we are not a party too ).

So with some thought my pick would be
                          1. Roger ( shown all year that he adds a different dimension to our attack )
                          2. BBQ ( Solid regular performances and Goal kicking has been a game breaker )
                          3. JWH ( has shown with out his go forward our "petty boys" don't have a platform.)

Comment

Roger is quite clearly number 1.
                            Its weird not seeing SST in any of the picks. His impact off the bench has brought us lots of wins this season.
                            was born a sydney roosters fanatic
                            "we're the roosters, we'll be fine"

Comment

[QUOTE=
                              Its weird not seeing SST in any of the picks. His impact off the bench has brought us lots of wins this season.[/QUOTE]

I am probably going out on a limb here , but it is a bit early to be nominating SST for sainthood.

He has had some great impact off the bench in attack for sure but we were exposed in the middle in the Tigers Game and the Bulldogs game and while his direct defense is solid, he seems to lack the confidence/understanding/ initiative/ awareness/ experience ( something ) to make the adjustment from direct defensive patterns to the Slide defensive pattern.

I saying that it is easy to fix if this is actually what is happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X