Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Renman View Post

I have a feeling it may look something like this,
    1. Hastings (ball playing FB who can talk and organise) Played a lot in this position.
    2. Toups
    3. Fergo
    4. MJ
    5. SKD/Ellioy/Mitchell/ Burgess
    6. Nikorima
    7. Pearce.
    Just a thought
    There is no way on earth Hastings will play fullback next year. He is no where near fast enough to play there in first grade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

There is no way on earth Hastings will play fullback next year. He is no where near fast enough to play there in first grade.
      He'd be no slower than Darius Boyd, Lachlan Coote or Matt Moylan.

Comment

• It wouldn't surprise me if Nikorima gets the shot at fullback next year. There's your ball playing, speedy fullback.

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post
          he is a dynamic hooker/half, not sure where he fits into our squad, perhaps he will develop into the bench utility with Maubs playing right centre and Fergo at fullback in 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/proshenks...3753469952?p=v
          What's with all the Nikorima knee-strapping?

We should've kept Jimmy instead of signing him.

Comment

• I doubt (would be very disappointed) if hastings played fb next season.

He is a natural half and should be starting at 7, with pearce to 6 as he is more of a runner of the ball. I reckon something along the lines of

1.Fergo
            2.Tupou
            3.Jennings
            4.SKD
            5.Burgess/Latrell/Elliott
            6.Pearce
            7.Hastings

With Fergo drifting along the right side in attack where he currently plays. Inglis did a similar sort of thing when he moved to fb.

I think he will succeed at FB next season as he is a devastating runner of the ball and can fend off a mountain.
            Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

• Originally posted by davos View Post
              I doubt (would be very disappointed) if hastings played fb next season.

He is a natural half and should be starting at 7, with pearce to 6 as he is more of a runner of the ball. I reckon something along the lines of

1.Fergo
              2.Tupou
              3.Jennings
              4.SKD
              6.Pearce
              7.Hastings

With Fergo drifting along the right side in attack where he currently plays. Inglis did a similar sort of thing when he moved to fb.

I think he will succeed at FB next season as he is a devastating runner of the ball and can fend off a mountain.
              I could write a long response disagreeing with everything you just said but I think it's just a lot quicker to say I disagree with everything you just said.

Comment

• Originally posted by davos View Post
                I doubt (would be very disappointed) if hastings played fb next season.

1.Fergo
                2.Tupou
                3.Jennings
                4.SKD
                6.Pearce
                7.Hastings

I think you are close to the money there providing we don't sign anyone else.

Does anybody know if the long striding Joe "Budgie" Burgess has played fullback?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                  if you want a laugh then read this.
                  https://broncoshq.com/brisbane-bronc...year-deal.html
                  That is hilarious reading Raymond. One poster just wrote.....stupid Roosters 😀. All whining about the salary cap. I think it's time to get in there and stir them up.
                  Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

He'd be no slower than Darius Boyd, Lachlan Coote or Matt Moylan.
                    Not sure I can agree with you. Moylan looks fast to me. Boyd is no slouch either. They would both seem much faster than Hastings. Hastings doesn't seem very fast to me but then again I haven't seen him in open space much to properly tell his pace. When Pearce was a teenager in first grade, I wondered about his pace until I then saw him in the clear and he surprised me with how fast he actually was for a halfback.
                    Last edited by Half time; 09-01-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• I reckon Jayden will make the perfect bench replacement for good mate Jackson in 2016. He covers each of the spine positions.
                      Roosters recruit Jayden Nikorima was one of six Broncos in the NRL's under-20s team of the year.

Comment

Working...
                      X