No announcement yet.

Not a Roosters Topic : Robbie Farrah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would make a suitable replacement for Luke as they have a similar skill set.

Souffs/Road kills playing system relies heavily on quick play the ball/service from dummy half.

​Hopefully they sign him and he turns the place upside down.

This is why you don't blow the budget and pay overs for players unless a fair portion is in the form of a TPA's ala SBW.

As much as it hurts knowing RTS will be leaving at seasons end, the club has made the correct and responsible decision.

Comment

While not a fan of Farrah, yet I am disgusted that they would tell him he'd play reserve grade if he stays on next year~!!!!! this is the guy who has given them over 10 years of service and is the current SOO hooker ( for the last 5-6 years) and is considerd second best in Australia ( third best behinf Friend IMO)

Comment

Highlights that loyalty goes both ways ... I agree OMR that the whole situation has not been handled very well. Once you start making threats (like getting dumped to reserve grade), then it's all over!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
          I've always equated Robbie Farah with Bennie Elias. Selfish player but like Farah, when Elias was on, he was a world beater. The same goes for Farah.
          No....Elias twice the grub but twice the player also.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I can't remember him being a world beater.
            I was being polite. If you can't say anything nice don't say anything is my motto....mostly.
            SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

A good mate of mine, who knows the Tigers players well, told me years ago that Farah was not popular at all with team mates. A strange and polarizing person.

In saying that, I think something has to be done about Clubs and the way they force out players. When Farah signed his latest contract there were other Clubs vying for his services. He probably stayed out of loyalty and coz the Tigers told him they would back end his contract and receive nearly a million dollars for the final two years of his contract. So at that time the Tigers used that incentive to fight off other Clubs in order to keep him. Now that he is due his big payday for the final two years, the Club does a backflip coz they don't want to pay it. "We need that money to keep our youngsters". Well you should never have offered it in the first place.

Whilst it's not a breach of contract as he has been told "he can look elsewhere" , it does not rate highly in the ethics stakes.
              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                A good mate of mine, who knows the Tigers players well, told me years ago that Farah was not popular at all with team mates. A strange and polarizing person.

In saying that, I think something has to be done about Clubs and the way they force out players. When Farah signed his latest contract there were other Clubs vying for his services. He probably stayed out of loyalty and coz the Tigers told him they would back end his contract and receive nearly a million dollars for the final two years of his contract. So at that time the Tigers used that incentive to fight off other Clubs in order to keep him. Now that he is due his big payday for the final two years, the Club does a backflip coz they don't want to pay it. "We need that money to keep our youngsters". Well you should never have offered it in the first place.

Whilst it's not a breach of contract as he has been told "he can look elsewhere" , it does not rate highly in the ethics stakes.
                It doesn't. But at the same time players need to be smarter about their contracts. I'm sick of the loyalty is dead line getting trotted out. This is a business. It's not the 80s anymore. You can get all sentimental about players but clubs are run to win matches and winning equals profits. As a business it doesn't make sense to carry so called legends of the club at above market value. If farah could have signed elsewhere for more money per season then he should have. Obviously the tigers are very poorly managed. If I were farah I'd sit out the next two seasons in reserve grade for 900k.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

It doesn't. But at the same time players need to be smarter about their contracts. I'm sick of the loyalty is dead line getting trotted out. This is a business. It's not the 80s anymore. You can get all sentimental about players but clubs are run to win matches and winning equals profits. As a business it doesn't make sense to carry so called legends of the club at above market value. If farah could have signed elsewhere for more money per season then he should have. Obviously the tigers are very poorly managed. If I were farah I'd sit out the next two seasons in reserve grade for 900k.
                  Imagine being picked for NSW whilst going through the motions playing reserve grade.

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                    Imagine being picked for NSW whilst going through the motions playing reserve grade.

It's a shambles. Tigers have every right to WANT to get rid of him to fix their situation- provided farah doesn't miss out on what was promised financially in his contract. But to suggest that he'll play reserve grade for full fee if they can't find him another club is just stupid and indicative of why this board is in the shit In the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

It's a shambles. Tigers have every right to WANT to get rid of him to fix their situation- provided farah doesn't miss out on what was promised financially in his contract. But to suggest that he'll play reserve grade for full fee if they can't find him another club is just stupid and indicative of why this board is in the shit In the first place.
                      Aren't the Tigers still paying Sheens and Potter?

Imagine having to pay 3 head coaching salaries and still finishing last.

If the they do fold or are relocated, we could potentially expand our catchment area beyond George Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                        I always believed that the Wests Tigers made a terrible mistake by allowing Benji Marshall to leave instead of asking Robbie Farah to leave.

I also believe that Robbie Farah's performances in State of Origin have been far worse than what Mitchell Pearce has produced.
                        Absolutely spot on. Farah plays for himself and just cannot read the play when it matters.

Comment

Would be a good pickup for the titans, they should have some cash spare too.

Comment

its pretty rich dce talking up respect. dce said the club should respect the players that have proven them selves to be loyal. yet the dce can show zero respect to the game, fans and other clubs. d(umb)c(aaarnt) e(vens)....... im sure our club would not have done that to mini, fitzy
                            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

It's Farah's lucky day. A chance to get out of a rubbish club that's going nowhere.

Comment

If Kevin Humphreys was still around, he'd pay Robbie off with meat trays.
                                SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Working...
                                X