No announcement yet.

Worst kicking game ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the mid field bomb. It would be much more effective though if we got into a position to compete for the ball. Munster had very little competition when jumping for those high balls. I'm fact he rarely even had to jump.

Comment

Hasting executed a perfect in goal grubber for Jennings....4-6 points?
      "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

I noticed that they heavily favoured going to Maloney over Hastings. I suspect that it's a seniority thing and it will disappear when Pearce returns.

It was a major mistake.

Firstly, Hastings has a far superior kicking game.

Secondly, it meant Fergo starved - with Tohu Harris marking him for half the game. When they finally put the ball in Fergo's hands (even without space) he scores.

Comment

With Friday predicted to be wet.... A good kicking game will be even more important as the chase will be.... I thought we failed to chase in a line when we kicked to the Melbourne wingers... a simple inside pass to the fullback gave them 15 meters nearly every time, we required a player in-between to prevent any pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            I like the mid field bomb. It would be much more effective though if we got into a position to compete for the ball. Munster had very little competition when jumping for those high balls. I'm fact he rarely even had to jump.

Very difficult with the block plays that have now become standard. Not saying we shouldn't try, just saying trying to take the ball in the air as an attacking ploy is much lower percentage than it was a couple years ago.

I also noticed that the chase on Munster from our middle third was slow, some tired lads out there I suspect. The edges were better, but blocked more often than not.
            Originally posted by jism
            I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

On reflection, our kicking was pretty bad because Melbourne (marker) defenders put so much pressure on our kickers. Our boys barely got their kicks away, and I thought we're bound to get charged down.

Full credit to Melba here - they can only do this through fitness, desire, passion and wrestling/grappling us so they could get their D set quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Samwise View Post
                On reflection, our kicking was pretty bad because Melbourne (marker) defenders put so much pressure on our kickers. Our boys barely got their kicks away, and I thought we're bound to get charged down.

Full credit to Melba here - they can only do this through fitness, desire, passion and wrestling/grappling us so they could get their D set quickly.

And the ref only keeping them back 7 metres most of the time assisted.

Comment

All I can saythe last time Melbourne played Brisbane .Brisbane received 8 ruck infringement penalties-go figure
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                  X