Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 years in a row a premiership straight through our fingers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 years in a row a premiership straight through our fingers???

Yep I know everyone will be on to me saying it ain't over - but statistically it is. No one since 2006 has won from our possy and if by miracle we win next week we have to play in QLD!! How did this million dollar morons let it happen twice in 2 years??
    The coach and players have to front up and answer. Yes all the diehards will be all over it saying they are a great bunch etc etc but reality is if you are lucky in any 10 year period you get 2 maybe 3 shots at a premiership and just like in 2003 to 05 we have pissed 2 of them up against a wall!

If we have only 1 premiership for the past 3 years overall it would have been a once in a decade opportunity lost

Weve been very fortunate to have this roster, due to some kids coming up and kicking on while on money below their market value

Comment

Agreed. Same as 02 to 05. That was once in a decade and we came away with one disputed premiership and now 10 years later about to repeat the effort. Unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by truth View Post
        Same as 02 to 05
        That statement could only come from a dumbass opposition supporter.

Comment

It's like if the burrow could brag.

Comment

If any team in the comp can turn this around its this side. The streak is over so the pressure is off in a way.
            They may blow whoever the meet off the park next week.

Comment

You simply can not win the premiership every season. The last two teams to win the minor premiership 3 consecutive seasons running only won one grand final.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                You simply can not win the premiership every season. The last two teams to win the minor premiership 3 consecutive seasons running only won one grand final.
                That being Manly I am sure this statistic will help some of our supporters sleep very well tonight

We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

They have amazing resolve this team they fought their way back only to beaten by the clock and 2 points via goal kicking. I believe they can win it just the same as we did in 75 when we got beat 8- 5 in a semi against the dragons.

Comment

Originally posted by truth View Post
                    Yep I know everyone will be on to me saying it ain't over - but statistically it is. No one since 2006 has won from our possy and if by miracle we win next week we have to play in QLD!! How did this million dollar morons let it happen twice in 2 years??
                    The coach and players have to front up and answer. Yes all the diehards will be all over it saying they are a great bunch etc etc but reality is if you are lucky in any 10 year period you get 2 maybe 3 shots at a premiership and just like in 2003 to 05 we have pissed 2 of them up against a wall!
                    Why would beating the Dogs next week be a miracle?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                      They have amazing resolve this team they fought their way back only to beaten by the clock and 2 points via goal kicking. I believe they can win it just the same as we did in 75 when we got beat 8- 5 in a semi against the dragons.
                      Nicely said Paul. Some fools on this forum are so fickle and aren't true supporters. I'm guessing these people have little going for them in life outside of footy.

Comment

Makes me wish the McIntyre system was back.

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
                          If any team in the comp can turn this around its this side. The streak is over so the pressure is off in a way.
                          They may blow whoever the meet off the park next week.
                          It's now becoming obvious without JWH and now maybe Evans it will be very difficult to win the GF and beat the Bulldogs next week.

Comment

What happened to Evans?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Nicely said Paul. Some fools on this forum are so fickle and aren't true supporters. I'm guessing these people have little going for them in life outside of footy.
                              And they are spoiled brats who with tunnel vision, expecting every game to be won each and every time. If you look back over the decades, our club have been blessed with incredible success, which others envy. Show our record to fans of other sports from other countries and see what they have to say. Try being one of my friends or family members, who follow mediocre dysfunctional teams with very poor records like Wests or Newcastle and then come back to us. Enjoy the rest of whatever ride fate and the universe have in store for us over the coming weeks, or go sit in a corner and pout with your toys because we lost only by 2 points to a team who play damn ugly grinding football.

12 in a row, one loss, 3 minor premierships in a row and we are still in it! As my dear Dad used to say, if you give some people the moon, they whinge because you didn't go fetch the stars for them as well!

It was nice to run into you today Thirteen at our local shops and after our chat, I still saw nothing but Roosters number plates, caps and fans around...
                              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Working...
                              X