Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 years in a row a premiership straight through our fingers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
    Makes me wish the McIntyre system was back.
    I hated that system as it was very unfair. In 2008, our chances hinged on whether or not Cronulla won. It's not fair to make people perform unnatural acts like cheering for the Sharks...
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

That being Manly I am sure this statistic will help some of our supporters sleep very well tonight

Nah, they are too busy throwing their toys out of the cot Andy!

I love this place after a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
        And they are spoiled brats who with tunnel vision, expecting every game to be won each and every time. If you look back over the decades, our club have been blessed with incredible success, which others envy. Show our record to fans of other sports from other countries and see what they have to say. Try being one of my friends or family members, who follow mediocre dysfunctional teams with very poor records like Wests or Newcastle and then come back to us. Enjoy the rest of whatever ride fate and the universe have in store for us over the coming weeks, or go sit in a corner and pout with your toys because we lost only by 2 points to a team who play damn ugly grinding football.

12 in a row, one loss, 3 minor premierships in a row and we are still in it! As my dear Dad used to say, if you give some people the moon, they whinge because you didn't go fetch the stars for them as well!

It was nice to run into you today Thirteen at our local shops and after our chat, I still saw nothing but Roosters number plates, caps and fans around...

Well said. I didn't think we played badly last night tbh. Was at the game and the amount of stray elbows/twisting players legs/Twisting players arms and necks/slowing down the ruck was horrendous. The ref virtually put away his whistle when we had the ball.

I don't mean to sound like one of the conspiracy freaks but that performance last night from the men in pink was terrible. Tupou was purposely taken out on a number of contests especially at our end, and the slowing down of the ruck was insane. I'm proud of how our boys went given what went against them. I can live with us losing by a conversion especially given the fact that Pearce is back next week and Hastings can be injected into the game as a utility player. Thought the kid had a really good game yesterday but we need the depth that pearce gets on his long kicks especially when we are kicking out of our own end.

BTW the vermin have labelled us "premiership chokers" after last night's efforts, even though it took them a quick 43 years and a whole lot of gift wrapping from the NRL to get the premiership last season. Go the Sharkies!!!!!!!!!!!
        Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post

Well said. I didn't think we played badly last night tbh. Was at the game and the amount of stray elbows/twisting players legs/Twisting players arms and necks/slowing down the ruck was horrendous. The ref virtually put away his whistle when we had the ball.

I don't mean to sound like one of the conspiracy freaks but that performance last night from the men in pink was terrible. Tupou was purposely taken out on a number of contests especially at our end, and the slowing down of the ruck was insane. I'm proud of how our boys went given what went against them. I can live with us losing by a conversion especially given the fact that Pearce is back next week and Hastings can be injected into the game as a utility player. Thought the kid had a really good game yesterday but we need the depth that pearce gets on his long kicks especially when we are kicking out of our own end.

BTW the vermin have labelled us "premiership chokers" after last night's efforts, even though it took them a quick 43 years and a whole lot of gift wrapping from the NRL to get the premiership last season. Go the Sharkies!!!!!!!!!!!
          Totally agree, Melbourne played the perfect 2nd half yesterday because they were allowed to stand only 5 metres back, slow down the ruck and twists players arms and legs in tackles, the amount of times Tupou was taken out of the contest was unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
            They have amazing resolve this team they fought their way back only to beaten by the clock and 2 points via goal kicking. I believe they can win it just the same as we did in 75 when we got beat 8- 5 in a semi against the dragons.
            Good point.

Easts to win!
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

My take is this. For 3 years now we've been the benchmark, won a premiership and a club championship and 3 minor premierships and never got thrashed once this year. No side can equal these feats. I never expected another premiership this year. All I hoped for was that we did the red, white and blue proud so in that respect my year is over the moon at our team's achievements. I'm proud of their spirit and the way they fight tooth and nail and never give in. I'm so proud of them how they not only have to beat teams but CORRUPT refs who deliberately change momentum, disallow tries and award absurd penalties counts against us for decades now yet we have stood strong for we are the mighty roosters. How many teams don't dive for penalties?? We win CLEANLY and honestly against all odds. We don't cheat and earn every victory. So my year is complete as I never expected a minor premiership yet got 3 in a row. Who does that?? The mighty roosters that's who.

We have true champion and sportsmanship characters an example to all sports unlike the refs and cheaters we played last night and that makes us the real premiers because we win cleanly. It doesn't matter from here to me. The boys have proven they are the best when the playing field is not deliberately made uneven against us and even then we are still the best.

Next week may be our last game but I'm very proud of them and very happy with the last few years.
              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                My take is this. For 3 years now we've been the benchmark, won a premiership and a club championship and 3 minor premierships and never got thrashed once this year. No side can equal these feats. I never expected another premiership this year. All I hoped for was that we did the red, white and blue proud so in that respect my year is over the moon at our team's achievements. I'm proud of their spirit and the way they fight tooth and nail and never give in. I'm so proud of them how they not only have to beat teams but CORRUPT refs who deliberately change momentum, disallow tries and award absurd penalties counts against us for decades now yet we have stood strong for we are the mighty roosters. How many teams don't dive for penalties?? We win CLEANLY and honestly against all odds. We don't cheat and earn every victory. So my year is complete as I never expected a minor premiership yet got 3 in a row. Who does that?? The mighty roosters that's who.

We have true champion and sportsmanship characters an example to all sports unlike the refs and cheaters we played last night and that makes us the real premiers because we win cleanly. It doesn't matter from here to me. The boys have proven they are the best when the playing field is not deliberately made uneven against us and even then we are still the best.

Next week may be our last game but I'm very proud of them and very happy with the last few years.
                I've just voted this post of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  Good point.

Easts to win!
                  The difference is, the Easts side of 75 was by far and away the best club side of that decade.
                  Secondly, after that loss to St George , they only had to win 2 matches to win the title, and both were at the SCG

Comment

I've just voted this post of the year.
                    yep got my vote aswell
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Nicely said Paul. Some fools on this forum are so fickle and aren't true supporters. I'm guessing these people have little going for them in life outside of footy.
                      thanks thirteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Nicely said Paul. Some fools on this forum are so fickle and aren't true supporters. I'm guessing these people have little going for them in life outside of footy.
                        Just so I understand - anyone who is critical of highly paid professional footballers who quite clearly didn't front up mentally for the biggest game of the year are both fools and fickle but yet those who just blindly say "she will be right mate better luck next week" like they are Sunday arvo amateurs playing for the love it are the only ones who are right?????

Comment

At least we've won something this season so far...and are still in the finals with a chance.
                          Time for us to play 'damn ugly grinding wrestle football' and stand offside all night...with some thuggery thrown in for good measure...forearm to the throat of halfbacks when they're on their backs on the ground tackled, for example...that seems all legal now.
                          2GB commentator [not Hadley]; "Welcome to finals football"...what a joke.

Comment

And they are spoiled brats who with tunnel vision, expecting every game to be won each and every time. If you look back over the decades, our club have been blessed with incredible success, which others envy. Show our record to fans of other sports from other countries and see what they have to say. Try being one of my friends or family members, who follow mediocre dysfunctional teams with very poor records like Wests or Newcastle and then come back to us. Enjoy the rest of whatever ride fate and the universe have in store for us over the coming weeks, or go sit in a corner and pout with your toys because we lost only by 2 points to a team who play damn ugly grinding football.

12 in a row, one loss, 3 minor premierships in a row and we are still in it! As my dear Dad used to say, if you give some people the moon, they whinge because you didn't go fetch the stars for them as well!

It was nice to run into you today Thirteen at our local shops and after our chat, I still saw nothing but Roosters number plates, caps and fans around...
                            Nice post,
                            "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Working...
                            X