ROOSTERS HORRENDOUS RECORD AS MINOR PREMIER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROOSTERS HORRENDOUS RECORD AS MINOR PREMIER

Since 1970, the Roosters have been the minor premiers 8 times. In the first final of those 8 years, they've won just 2 times.
    1974 LOST 17-19 CANTERBURY
    1975 LOST 5-8 ST GEORGE
    1980 LOST 7-13 CANTERBURY
    1981 LOST 8-12 PARRAMATTA
    2004 WON 38-12 CANBERRA
    2013 WON 4-0 MANLY
    2014 LOST 18-19 PENRITH
    2015 LOST 18-20 MELBOURNE

Of those 8 years, the Roosters went on to win the title just 3 times. Finishing first was a huge advantage during a top 5 system, not anymore.
    Even when the McIntyre system was around, the minor premiers had the luxury of playing team 8 .
    Would have loved to have played the Broncos last year & the Dragons last night.

So I guess the O is not for optimism?
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Haha. Very good.

Comment

This is just how I want it, I hope everyone writes us off even our own supporters, about time I hate the favorites tag, backs to the wall nowhere to run will bring out the best in this side. If we are desperate enough we just might be there in 3 weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
          This is just how I want it, I hope everyone writes us off even our own supporters, about time I hate the favorites tag, backs to the wall nowhere to run will bring out the best in this side. If we are desperate enough we just might be there in 3 weeks time.
          I was a bit grumpy this morning when I woke up because I hate losing to Melbourne particularly as I find them deeply offensive but as the day went on, I've been quite happy and excited about our prospects for the coming weeks and the general mood around my area is the same when I run into neighbours and people at the local shops. No vermin around today...? They've all gone quiet over there..
          "It's these little things, they can pull you under
          Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

In mY opinion our coach cares too much about the minor P...I wanted him to rest Friend .Maloney and Shek ...last night they played like thgey needed it as they were our worst at least the Broncos and Cowboys said stuff the table and freshened up a few.
            We will possibly bow out like last year and/or are gonna have to do it the hard way
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I expect the Roosters to be able to get through next week. To then defeat a rested up QLD side the week after, will be extremely demanding.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                In mY opinion our coach cares too much about the minor P...I wanted him to rest Friend .Maloney and Shek ...last night they played like thgey needed it as they were our worst at least the Broncos and Cowboys said stuff the table and freshened up a few.
                We will possibly bow out like last year and/or are gonna have to do it the hard way

Apart from Friend I dont think the other two needed a rest Brain.. The storm just shut them out better than other teams have done over the past few months. Friendy's decision making is not as good as it used to be, and last night he made a few errors in kicking imo.. Fatigue maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie79 View Post

Apart from Friend I dont think the other two needed a rest Brain.. The storm just shut them out better than other teams have done over the past few months. Friendy's decision making is not as good as it used to be, and last night he made a few errors in kicking imo.. Fatigue maybe?
                  Enter Nikorima!
                  The world is full of Kings & Queens,who blind your eye's & steal your dreams!

Comment

Working...
                  X