Dolphins weekly rant.....again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r*o*o*s*t*e*r*s View Post
    we need a better dummy half..... some one that is actually quick, and actually scoots out of dummy half like Luke, Ennis or Farah. Brown, friend n JAubs in paticular havent been doing this at all.. we need to look elsewhere. this is why teams are carving us up down the middle of the ruck
    Kid in the u20's Samuelu goes well

Comment

Originally posted by witty92 View Post
      I think everyone is extremely hard on kouperitsits. Everyone is already so keen to get rid of him but he's young and inexperienced....is it just because he's another bulldog everyone is already talking of dropping him...i think thats unfair
      Agreed he has to be given a fair chance

Comment

Originally posted by witty92 View Post
        Mate that is the most ignorant thing to say. We might want to start over but we still want to show good faith to our players or else no one will ever sign with us. What kind of club would we be if we just took people in, and kicked them out after one shocking season. A lot of these players we want to keep for 'emotive reasons' have had success in the past, like anasta, lopini, minichello, even mason, all of them are extremely useful when put in the right position. When they are playing behind a strong forward pack or playing for a team with a threatening back line then they all play better.

YES we need to get rid of/get new centres, a better hooker, a more attacking back 3...but i dont think that means we have to start again. Give mini the rest of the season to play, if he goes through it without another serious injury give him another year. I think we need to give players like sa, anasta, mason, kouperitsits another chance behind a better pack. An with the loss of quite a few older players we should see a revamped pack soon.
        That wanker shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as those others but I agree with your sentiment.

Comment

I think everyone is very hard on Mason. He may not be worth the money we pay him but he works hard. That said i wouldnt be heartbroken to see him go, maybe then we could sign a decent hooker.
          I support two NRL teams, the Roosters and whoevers playing Souths

Comment

Originally posted by r*o*o*s*t*e*r*s View Post
            we need a better dummy half..... some one that is actually quick, and actually scoots out of dummy half like Luke, Ennis or Farah. Brown, friend n JAubs in paticular havent been doing this at all.. we need to look elsewhere. this is why teams are carving us up down the middle of the ruck
            No-one carved us in the middle of the ruck for most of last season, Leroy Brown OWNED the ruck in defence. He also offered very crisp service from dummy 1/2.

He never had the best running game but thats why we had Jaubs coming on later in both 1/2s when tiring defences were ripe for the picking. Trouble is Jaubs has ZERO running game.

Ive thought about the reason we NEVER seem to run effectively from dummy 1/2 especially this season. Watching all games this season we are the ONLY side that does not step off the mark as we get up to play the ball. EVERY other side does this effectively, taking the markers out of the equation and either drawing the penalty or carving up the ruck.

We just dont bend the rules effectively. Thats coaching not recognising the best way to exploit the changes in Reffing trends. The two Reff shits been blamed for speeding up the game. I dont run with that. I believe its the ruck being policed differently. No-ones penalised this year for walking off the mark. BUT markers are constantly called offside when the player playing the ball does walk off the mark.

We are too DUMB to exploit these things as a team. Therefore we are playing ourselves out of games.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

One other thing I would like to mention. I, like some of you, watch other games besides Roosters games and I've paid particular attention since the dismal Roosters game to penalties like the one conceded by Mason for playing the ball too quickly and the many conceded by the Roosters for "flops." I can say that the kind of flops for which the Roosters were regularly penalised last night have happened in EVERY game I've watched and haven't been penalised. Lack of consistency and a seeming heavier scrutiny on the Roosters?
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                One other thing I would like to mention. I, like some of you, watch other games besides Roosters games and I've paid particular attention since the dismal Roosters game to penalties like the one conceded by Mason for playing the ball too quickly and the many conceded by the Roosters for "flops." I can say that the kind of flops for which the Roosters were regularly penalised last night have happened in EVERY game I've watched and haven't been penalised. Lack of consistency and a seeming heavier scrutiny on the Roosters?
                You will get fined 10K for that mate.

We are the least disciplined side in the comp. Have been for a few years now. I cant recall when we last won a penalty count???

My theorys always been when you play without confidence you play without luck and the 50-50s seem to run against you mostly. Heads drop, discipline goes out the window and errors are compounded.

I still believe we arent coached how to exploit the rules effectively. Gus was very good at those little things, teaching players how to take every possible advantage.

That said when you play "some" teams I believe your more heavily scrutinised by the officials that when you play other teams. Sometimes I really believe Reffs are influenced by "certain" coaches, be it either thru well timed media rants or maybe some behind the scenes "old fashioned" intimidation thru standing in the game.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                X