Sam moa as good as gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
    Aubbo is a toiler. Hard worker but we don't look at him to get us out of trouble.
    I can think of many times where he won us the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

We've already got 5 exceptional middle thirds in JWH, Napa, Guerra, Liu & Taukeiaho. With Evans showing a lot of promise this year and really starting to own that final 6th spot. I'm not convinced we need another middle third player of equal calibre. I think we need to find another second rower, whether that's a project player, a ready made first grade player or a youngster I'm not sure what kind of funds the club have to play with but if we went that way I think it'd be a real smart decision by the club.

Liam Knight is the rumour and that's something I'd be pretty excited about.

Guerra moving from the middles to the edges this year and doing so poorly there threw the balance of our pack out slightly IMO. Someone had to make way in this off-season and unfortunately that looks like it might be Sam Moa.

I agree with Rooster_6.

That Mitchell Frei might turn out to be a better back rower than we think he is - then again, if he was worth chasing, you'd think they'd lock him in for more than 1 year. Maybe they are really chasing another backrower (Lane, Knight?) - someone with ball playing skills would be awesome. I also think there is more to the Meehan story than what's public. Thinking ahead to 2017 - maybe Nick is really making room for Sonny. Who knows - I trust Robbo's judgment and that of the heavies around him.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
        I can't count that high.

Back on Moa I see him as a genuine club man. I didn't hear that he wanted out or that he was in any way unhappy here at the Roosters. I think it's fair enough he has a desire to return home and play and I think coming out and saying as much is good for both his future prospects and for the Roosters as well. I have no doubt he will give is all for the Roosters until that day comes.
        "The only time you start at the top is when you are digging a hole."
        - Jack Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
          Nobody heard any rumours of Pearce looking for a change of scenery??
          Excuse me while i unload one in the bathroom

Comment

Hate to see Sam Go, Lovely bloke and a great meter man.

On this fullback issue, it is quiet simple

If you cannot play like a 5/8 there is no place in the modern game for you at fullback

Good hands and a great passing game

Despite his age, Mitchell is the above as well as a goal kicker.

Fergo and Jennings fit the bill but there passing games leave alot to be desired

Comment

I must have heard things differently. I was under the impression that he's here next year under contract, and will look at going back to NZ after that.

If that's the case, fair enough. It doesn't make sense to have him leave before this season....

Those people pushing for Burgess to be fullback, he's never played there in the UK, what makes you think he'd make an NRL full back? He'll be nervous enough initially, without giving him the responsibility of being an extra ball player.

Comment

It comes as no surprise to me that Moa might not be here next year.

With Nikorima seemingly locked in as the bench utility next year, we'd have one rep forward playing reggies which was never going to happen.

If Moa goes that will see, or I would like to see:

8. JWH
                10. Napa
                11. Cordner
                12. Aubo
                13. Guerra

14. Liu
                15. Evans
                16. SST
                17. Nikorima

And Frei sounds like tremendous depth. Beyond him, hopefully an U20s grad like Leilua will be ready to step up if needed.

Comment

If Moa does go, he goes with my thanks.

The legend killer (not Randy Orton, Mitch Pearce) will be here until Port Moresby (along with the rest of PNG) is swallowed up the whirlpool created by Australia sinking under the weight of Malcolm Turnbull's ego. Which, given his history (Turnbull not Pearce) won't be long. So that's one good thing, Pearce will be gone when Australia sinks.
                  SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                    I didn't say he cant. We don't rely on him to win it for us. I'm sure that every player can have a day but that's all it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
                      ...Those people pushing for Burgess to be fullback, he's never played there in the UK, what makes you think he'd make an NRL full back?...
                      I'm the only one here I think saying as much, and I gave my thoughts here. But the short answer is who from the possible candidates we have has played fb @ NRL level? Regardless I'm interested in everyone elses view as well so if you have an alternate player in mind, make your case but don't neglect the rest of the teams makeup when doing so.
                      - Jack Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post

I'm the only one here I think saying as much, and I gave my thoughts here. But the short answer is who from the possible candidates we have has played fb @ NRL level? Regardless I'm interested in everyone elses view as well so if you have an alternate player in mind, make your case but don't neglect the rest of the teams makeup when doing so.
                        I'd say out of all the (potential) team, Burgess has the worst credentials., ie no fullback experience, and no NRL experience.

In todays game, you can't get away with cobbling together a fullback. Especially someone who's never played there.

Slime Ankle for me. He's not Sheck, but who is? And at least he's a fullback. And he's the only one we could put there without shuffling the make up of the backline.

As far as I know, the only other one who's ever played there was Fergo at the Raiders, and he was very, very average - with hands like feet. I think he lasted one game.

My first choice would be to throw an obscene amount of third party money at Roger Cheque, but as that's not gonna happen, my second choice is Omar.

Comment

I'd play Anasta at fullback before I gave Slaimhankel the no.1 spot.

Comment

Maybe time to bite the bullet and throw Latrell into the deep end - either all of our FB problems are solved or we are back to where we are now ... square one!

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post
                              Maybe time to bite the bullet and throw Latrell into the deep end - either all of our FB problems are solved or we are back to where we are now ... square one!
                              That's an unreal expectation to have IMO. Would you really rush Mitchell in just to fill the spot at just 18 years old?
                              - Jack Gibson

Comment

In my books, good enough = old enough. Yes, he will make mistakes but as long as he is strong enough mentally to keep developing, then it will be worth persisting with him.
                                The NRL can be a cut throat business and nobody wants to see young players chewed up and spat out, so it comes down to a balancing act of determining when a player is ready or not to take the next step in their development!

Comment

Working...
                                X