Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=2026;n625325
    OMR,

Do you think the premiership window is still ajar?

Can we win it with Latrell as our 2016 fullback or are we rebuilding and looking at 2017/18?

[/QUOTE]
    Actually I still do, despite losing RTS and BBQ. we still have an excellent pack and great bacline. FB maybe a little problem but if Mitchell is going to be a champion as most think he will, then stick him in there, and don't start calling for his head as soon as he makes an error. If we are going to lament losing RTS and compare Mitchell to him, it will quite detrimental to his development.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
      Actually I still do, despite losing RTS and BBQ. we still have an excellent pack and great bacline. FB maybe a little problem but if Mitchell is going to be a champion as most think he will, then stick him in there, and don't start calling for his head as soon as he makes an error. If we are going to lament losing RTS and compare Mitchell to him, it will quite detrimental to his development.
      FFS. I really can't believe some people.

If we just 'stick him in there' this is what will happen:

he plays shit > our defence leaks points > we subsequently lose plenty of games > Mitchells confidence and performance drops further and he gets replaced by Fergo > gets released and picked up by a rival club who will blood him properly

RTS played for over 2 years on the wing in first grade. Despite his talent, a lot of his immediate success at full back was first grade experience and confidence.

It won't happen in a million years - the truth is that he will debut on the wing in either 2016 or 2017 based on current form

Contrary to popular belief, Robbo is an exceptional coach and knows better.

Comment

I still have this feeling we should wait for the completion of RWC....
        SBW back?
        A running FB?
        Who knows but I just think we have short term signing ahead...thoughts?
        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
          SBW back?
          A running FB?
          RTS leaving when he did probably screwed up short term planning big time.
          Perhaps after that we did have thoughts of securing Hayne if his experiment failed?
          There were short term solutions , like Gordon , available if we wanted.
          All this begs the question, what would of happened to Mitchell if RTS had stayed here long term?
          And will Mitchell succeed?

Maybe the club is more focussed on 2017 ?
          Without knowing the exact condition of the salary cap it's hard to know what to think.
          Looks like some players will be moved on, and value for money, plus positions they play come into that.
          Ain't an easy job these days.

I'd love to see Sonny finish his career with us, but surely that would cost us a couple of high profile forwards like Moa or Guerra.
          A contract means very little nowadays too, obviously.

I'm not too worried about next year (footy-wise) , we'll still be competitive and might surprise.
          But I'm hoping we are back at the top of the tree the year after.
          Provided SOH doesn't let us down and we solve the fullback riddle.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

RTS leaving when he did probably screwed up short term planning big time.
            Perhaps after that we did have thoughts of securing Hayne if his experiment failed?
            There were short term solutions , like Gordon , available if we wanted.
            All this begs the question, what would of happened to Mitchell if RTS had stayed here long term?
            And will Mitchell succeed?

Maybe the club is more focussed on 2017 ?
            Without knowing the exact condition of the salary cap it's hard to know what to think.
            Looks like some players will be moved on, and value for money, plus positions they play come into that.
            Ain't an easy job these days.

I'd love to see Sonny finish his career with us, but surely that would cost us a couple of high profile forwards like Moa or Guerra.
            A contract means very little nowadays too, obviously.

I'm not too worried about next year (footy-wise) , we'll still be competitive and might surprise.
            But I'm hoping we are back at the top of the tree the year after.
            Provided SOH doesn't let us down and we solve the fullback riddle.

I'm not having a dig at Moa or Guerra but i would swap them both in a heartbeat for SBW who has a hard edge to his game.

What the Broncos game highlighted (to me anyway) is that our pack is soft without JWH leading the way.

Napa and Kano are aggressive young bulls and i love them however they lack control which they'll develop over time.

Pointless charging up out of the lne and missing your target completelely. This puts more pressure on those around you.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

FFS. I really can't believe some people.

If we just 'stick him in there' this is what will happen:

he plays shit > our defence leaks points > we subsequently lose plenty of games > Mitchells confidence and performance drops further and he gets replaced by Fergo > gets released and picked up by a rival club who will blood him properly

RTS played for over 2 years on the wing in first grade. Despite his talent, a lot of his immediate success at full back was first grade experience and confidence.

It won't happen in a million years - the truth is that he will debut on the wing in either 2016 or 2017 based on current form

Contrary to popular belief, Robbo is an exceptional coach and knows better.

Don't get your panties in a twist mate. Hastings made his debut at the same age that Mitchell will be next season. Hastings hasn't put a foot wrong. No one bar Robbo knows what our starting line up will look like next season. I think Mitchell will have a wing spot next yr although I wouldn't be opposed to him starting at fullback.
              Last edited by Bigchook; 10-18-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                I'm not having a dig at Moa or Guerra but i would swap them both in a heartbeat for SBW who has a hard edge to his game.
                Yeah, same here.
                SBW could really help the progression of Napa, Evans and SST.

Comment

What the Broncos game highlighted (to me anyway) is that our pack is soft without JWH leading the way.

Napa and Kano are aggressive young bulls and i love them however they lack control which they'll develop over time.

Pointless charging up out of the lne and missing your target completelely. This puts more pressure on those around you.
                  I don't think the pack is soft at all without SBW. What we do lack is his creativity. We have all these forwards that run hard and straight. The closest thing to a ball player is Kane. I too would love to have SBW back for that X factor he would bring. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he played a lot wider this time.
                  Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post

I don't think the pack is soft at all without SBW. What we do lack is his creativity. We have all these forwards that run hard and straight. The closest thing to a ball player is Kane. I too would love to have SBW back for that X factor he would bring. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he played a lot wider this time.
                    SST can ball play.

SBW for Guerra/Moa would be worthwhile though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                      SBW back?
                      A running FB?
                      Agree we do have money in the kitty you wait & see

Comment

Are they not ball players or are they instructed to just tuck it under the arm? I'm not so sure anymore.

Comment

The Broncos rolled through our middle with ease.(Listen to Robbos presser) This has nothing to do with ball-playing.

JWH set's the standard! He makes those around him lift and be accountable.His charging runs and quick play the balls are priceless in the modern game. Momentum is everything!

SBW also has this effect on his team mates. ditto S Burgess. Souffs were nothing without him!

We can win the comp with the pack we have however JWH must stay fit OR we could off-load 1 or 2 of our placid forwards and find another tough as nails, capable and experienced forward.

Comment

The Broncos rolled through our middle with ease.(Listen to Robbos presser) This has nothing to do with ball-playing.

JWH set's the standard! He makes those around him lift and be accountable.His charging runs and quick play the balls are priceless in the modern game. Momentum is everything!

SBW also has this effect on his team mates. ditto S Burgess. Souffs were nothing without him!

We can win the comp with the pack we have however JWH must stay fit OR we could off-load 1 or 2 of our placid forwards and find another tough as nails, capable and experienced forward.
                            We have a JWH clone coming from Narrabeen...

Comment

Napa comes to the party on all bar the experience.
                              We need another LOD.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Napa comes to the party on all bar the experience.
                                We need another LOD.
                                Name is ......... coming soon to a venue near you!

Comment

Working...
                                X