No announcement yet.

Ivan Cleary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its more to do that he has signed up with another team for 2017. For mine now, Warriors 2016. McFadden to Coaching Director.

Comment

I've had respect and, hell, even man love for Ivan Cleary since he was at the Roosters. Very intelligent, very calm individual. Always handles himself with quiet dignity and grace.

SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
        Been released from the final year of his contract effective immediately. Probably won't happen but I'd love for us to pick him up as an assistant coach. He's a very good coach who has been extremely unlucky with injuries over the past few seasons. Could be very influential on young Latrell Mitchell in teaching him so nuisances to being a first grade fullback which may fast-track his progression. Reality is we're going to be picking someone who is not experienced at fullback so any good quality help in that department would be invaluable. I'd imagine though he will be looking for something a bit bigger than an assistant role.
        We've already got a pretty handy fullback coach/ mentor around the club mate...Ivan the cerebral would be excess baggage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

...Ivan the cerebral
          LOL

Comment

We've already got a pretty handy fullback coach/ mentor around the club mate...Ivan the cerebral would be excess baggage.
            Fullback has a few more aspects to it these days than what Mini used to bring. Positioning in attack is everything. And also sometimes I think we just assume blokes can coach if they've played at a high level which I think is not necessarily the case. No doubt Mini gave Roger tips on defensive positioning, communication with the line and bomb catching but Ivan Cleary is a proven coach and knows all ins and outs of the position. But regardless it's a redundant argument considering he'll be offered a contract as a head coach somewhere.

Comment

welcome back Ivan. assistant or nyc coach please
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Is that the guy who passed on his knowledge of how not to pick up a grubber to sheck? Hope he keeps that to himself for the next fullback. Carney has been there and done that role for us before for half a season, so he should be ok anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post
                  He's too established to be an assistant. He'll pick up a first gig somewhere. Probably the warriors. It's amazing he's been sacked when you look at their injury toll. I'd be sacking the strength and conditioning coach.

Indeed, quite an insightful comment.

Look at who is their strength and conditioning coach and where he was for 2 years prior
                  barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X