Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should more than make up for some of our losses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should more than make up for some of our losses.

http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2015...ew_jared_.html

That's what was missing.

Our season can't rely on his fitness!

We need another JWH to be sure to be sure potatoes potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
      That's what was missing.

Our season can't rely on his fitness!

We need another JWH to be sure to be sure potatoes potatoes.
      That's like saying:
      Melbourne's season shouldn't rely on Cam Smith's fitness, they need another one.
      Cowboy's season shouldn't rely on Jonathan Thurston's fitness, they need another one.
      Rabbitohs season and Greg Inglis
      Manly's seasons and DCE

Etc etc etc.

Every team has a player or a couple of players who are just irreplaceable, that's the realities of a sport with a salary cap. Seasons do rest on the fitness of certain players, that's why clubs invest so much into docs, physios and sports scientists. You need a bit of luck on top of that all too. We had it in 2013, not 2015. Swings and round abouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

That's like saying:
        Melbourne's season shouldn't rely on Cam Smith's fitness, they need another one.
        Cowboy's season shouldn't rely on Jonathan Thurston's fitness, they need another one.
        Rabbitohs season and Greg Inglis
        Manly's seasons and DCE

Etc etc etc.

Every team has a player or a couple of players who are just irreplaceable, that's the realities of a sport with a salary cap. Seasons do rest on the fitness of certain players, that's why clubs invest so much into docs, physios and sports scientists. You need a bit of luck on top of that all too. We had it in 2013, not 2015. Swings and round abouts.
        Not really.

They're all spine players that you've mentioned. It's understandable that there absence would have a significant impact on a teams performance. Why do quality 1, 6, 7 and 9 demand more money?

We lost a Prop and we turned to water.
        Last edited by 2026; 10-19-2015, 10:18 PM.

Comment

The sheep had no one to follow.
          "The only time you start at the top is when you are digging a hole."
          - Jack Gibson

Comment

Not really.

They're all spine players that you've mentioned. It's understandable that there absence would have a significant impact on a teams performance. Why do quality 1, 6, 7 and 9 demand more money?

Paul Gallen or Sam Burgess then..... The fact that there's so few forwards who have the same sort of influence as JWH just illustrates my point even further.

There is no other like JWH and if there was we certainly wouldn't be able to afford them both under the same salary cap nor would it make logical sense to pay big money for two players of the same ilk in the same position under the same salary cap.

We lost our halfback & captain and our prop & forward leader. Our two highest paid players and our season fell away, that shouldn't come as as shock. Like I said you need a bit of luck to win a premiership and we didn't have that on our side this year. I know that sounds a little too simple for some and as humans we innately want to feel in control of the future but factors outside of our control like luck are always going to have a say.

I've read a million different reasons about why we didn't win this year and I've read a million different ways about how we can solve those problems and whilst your solution of signing another JWH as back up is extremely ignorant it's probably the most logical solution to combating poor luck I've read so far. So kudos for that at least...

Comment

Paul Gallen or Sam Burgess then..... The fact that there's so few forwards who have the same sort of influence as JWH just illustrates my point even further.

There is no other like JWH and if there was we certainly wouldn't be able to afford them both under the same salary cap nor would it make logical sense to pay big money for two players of the same ilk in the same position under the same salary cap.

We lost our halfback & captain and our prop & forward leader. Our two highest paid players and our season fell away, that shouldn't come as as shock. Like I said you need a bit of luck to win a premiership and we didn't have that on our side this year. I know that sounds a little too simple for some and as humans we innately want to feel in control of the future but factors outside of our control like luck are always going to have a say.

I've read a million different reasons about why we didn't win this year and I've read a million different ways about how we can solve those problems and whilst your solution of signing another JWH as back up is extremely ignorant it's probably the most logical solution to combating poor luck I've read so far. So kudos for that at least...
              Thanks R6, you have such a way with words.

How is it ignorant to want to reduce the risk of it happening again?

I'd happily trade Moa and Guerra for Woods or SBW if he's available. Another LOD type player for Liu.

The pressure shouldn't be on Napa and Kano to fill JWH shoes whilst he's injured. They're still young. Their time will come to lead the way.

Comment

I'd happily trade Moa and Guerra for Woods or SBW if he's available..
                Right, fantasy land. I see where this is going.

Comment

Right, fantasy land. I see where this is going.
                  It's always been a dream to one day see SBW play for the Roosters.

Could you imagine that R6?

If only we had someone like Uncle Nick at the head of our table.

Comment

Personally I expected leadership to come from our SOO back rowers, Guerra and the would-be-future-captain Boyd.

In fact Evans embarrassed the lot in a post match interview v Storm where he admitted that he and the pack completely lost their way, failed to implement the game plan by engaging the Storm with the equivalent amount of wrestle and were just plain soft. No wonder this kid's coming along in leaps and bounds. HE CAN THINK.
                    "The only time you start at the top is when you are digging a hole."
                    - Jack Gibson

Comment

tingles watching that. needs to be 10 minutes longer but
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                      X