Rick Stone joins Roosters as Central Coast development official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Stone joins Roosters as Central Coast development official

good to hear the club is taking their partnership with the Central Coast seriously by appointing Rick Stone to make sure any talented players in the Central Coast region find their way into the Roosters development system.

http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2015...appointed.html

Great to see that this is for the whole Central Coast. It's a great breeding ground & along with the Roo's should pay dividends down the track.. But I also love the idea of the club getting behind a region & supporting them

Comment

Great move...Rick Stone presented as a clued in, good style of guy. Bodes well.

Comment

To date I don't think any Wyong player has represented Easts in first grade apart from those in our top squad who are not playing in the top 17 (18). It would be great to see some players make their way through.

Comment

I still think that Wyong should be the feeder club for Newcastle, seeing they are up that way

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
            Great move...Rick Stone presented as a clued in, good style of guy. Bodes well.

Clever move. Should any of our coaching staff move on, Rick will make a handy replacement .

Comment

Yep more than happy to see Rick Stone on board. Dealt a crap hand twice at the hands of Wayne Bennett, both when he first had the reins and then when Bennett did his trick of jumping off when things about to go downhill to get on something put on platter for him... Was on a hiding to nothing last year imo at Newcastle with a physical and mentally frail bunch of players.. At under 50 years I hope he gets more involved in the club than just central coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumstick View Post
                I still think that Wyong should be the feeder club for Newcastle, seeing they are up that way
                NC have always treated Wyong like a leper & their loss is our gain
                "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Good move. Stone is high profile and will attract a lot of potentials.

Chook.

Comment

I'm all for getting ex first grade coaches into our system even if they were a failure at the time (not that I think Stone was...). They know what it takes to succeed at that level (if only to reflect on their own shortcomings and to provide wise counsel) and quite often people are much better at what they do the second time around. A bit like Menzies in his second stint as PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
                      Great to see that this is for the whole Central Coast. It's a great breeding ground & along with the Roo's should pay dividends down the track.. But I also love the idea of the club getting behind a region & supporting them
                      Hopefully this translates into more supporters as well. I support the Choos because I used to train at ES Marks (my local track as a kid) and the baby Roosters trained there at the time (had some 1st grade players floating around too).

A cool part was that they let me do some of their pre-season fitness work with them. Lots of beep test style shuttles + general speed/fitness work so I was pretty chuffed to be able to compare myself with them and get smashed by the intensity of their training.

At the time lots of the kids were driving from Newcastle (and further) every day for training. Huge commitment on their behalf (and their parents in many cases).

I'd love to have kids from the Central Coast growing up with the Roosters as their logical club to support. Having massive crowds at Bluetongue against teams like NQ (who would have multiple legs to such a journey) would give us an awesome fortress feel, that could help clinch some vital games.

Comment

I wonder how this all fits in with the new platinum league.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                          I wonder how this all fits in with the new platinum league.

Me thinks, from a business prospective, Uncle Nick & co are throwing whatever $$$ and resources at their investment to ensure ongoing growth & prosperity.
                          We will begin to enjoy the fruits in a few years time.

Comment

Much better investment than Newtown Jets
                            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Can't see the platinum league getting off the ground,not the way it's been mooted anyway. Can u imagine us and Souths being partners in the 2nd tier league under the guise of Central Sydney where the respective players from both clubs that miss the top 18 each week play in a joint venture reserve grade comp. Ludicrous .

Comment

Working...
                              X