Snitzel PearceOrfJackGibsOn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snitzel PearceOrfJackGibsOn

I have a theory I wanted to float the boat with.

I couldn't be arsed re-hashing an old thread, so I made a newie.

Basically I believe its cos of his Fathers name and rep that Pearceorf is judged so harshly in comparison to most other players.

Both in the media and by our fan base.

Think about it, if his name was Snitzel Raper, he'd be a chip off the old larrikin block. He would be praised for being a throwback to an old era.

But being his fathers son he is expected and judged against Waynes almost Saintly rep.

I have heard many compare his behaviour to his fathers. And IMO that's just as wrong as comparing names when it comes to ability. And that is common with the bloke also.

Also the fact Wayne sits on The Partnership Committee. or whatever that thingy is called. must work against him, punishment wise. I mean imagine Pearceorf received a soft punishment, that would instantly open a can of fave worms. Even worse than he has copped for the harsh penalty imposed.

I find it highly bizzaro that in the same week as Pearceorf copping a whopper of a penalty for nothing, JT and Gallen, two individuals with very chequered pasts, receive 5 year contracts to work with Channel 9.

I have no man love for Pearceorf. I am aware of his limitations and abilities as a player. I am not in the hate class of some cereal beaters. But if as a club we decide to not renew his contract I will not complain. I have always supported the thing above the left tit, not an individual.

I just hate the moral indignation of the whole situation. The hypocracy reeks. Some massive agendas being pushed from many angles.

Its not very Easts or RL to be such a softcoq IMO.

GO EASTS.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Pearce is judged harshly by fans of other teams because we won an Origin series he didn't play when Cronk was injured and just lost another series when Hayne was out. Pearce is the scapegoat, its not his fault either.

Comment

I know this old balmain boy that still won't forgive Wayne for X-dressing.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

Basically I believe its cos of his Fathers name and rep that Pearceorf is judged so harshly in comparison to most other players.

Think about it, if his name was Snitzel Raper, he'd be a chip off the old larrikin block. He would be praised for being a throwback to an old era.

But being his fathers son he is expected and judged against Waynes almost Saintly rep.

GO EASTS.
        I was only thinking this the other day. I couldn't remember the name of David Bowie's son and that is because he changed his name to Duncan Jones, to reflect David's real surname. At one point he went by the name of Joe. It's both a blessing and curse to have famous parents and many on here just cannot handle that Peace is not and never will be the footballer you want him to be or live up to some impossible lofty standards. Remember the pressure put on Jarrod Mullen during Origin 2006? He's another poor bugger who couldn't please the desperate Blues fans and never lived up to the hype. Same for anyone who pulls on the 6 and 7 at the Eels. There will never be another Kenny & Sterlo and people should just calm down and enjoy life and what's in front, not what has gone behind.
        "It's these little things, they can pull you under
        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

If you believe that Senior Pearce has never had a drop of alcohol and partied like the rest of society, you obviously believe in the tooth fairy. The bloke is blessed with good luck, fortune or whatever you want to call it. He is not Mr Teflon, he is President Teflon. Likes a party as much as anyone. He is just smart about it.
          Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

The media - 'lets ruin someones life to further my own career.'
            Origin fans - 'he never one an origin series, againest the greatest QLD team ever.'

He is who he is, he will never be the player and person other people want him to be, only the one he wants to be.

Comment

I have heard many compare his behaviour to his fathers. And IMO that's just as wrong as comparing names when it comes to ability. And that is common with the bloke also.

Also the fact Wayne sits on The Partnership Committee. or whatever that thingy is called. must work against him, punishment wise. I mean imagine Pearceorf received a soft punishment, that would instantly open a can of fave worms. Even worse than he has copped for the harsh penalty imposed.

I find it highly bizzaro that in the same week as Pearceorf copping a whopper of a penalty for nothing, JT and Gallen, two individuals with very chequered pasts, receive 5 year contracts to work with Channel 9.

I have no man love for Pearceorf. I am aware of his limitations and abilities as a player. I am not in the hate class of some cereal beaters. But if as a club we decide to not renew his contract I will not complain. I have always supported the thing above the left tit, not an individual.

I just hate the moral indignation of the whole situation. The hypocracy reeks. Some massive agendas being pushed from many angles.

GO EASTS.
              Man... release your member and wash your thumb and index finger, Then tell all about your legendary league escapades.

Comment

GO EASTS.
                I reckon you are dead right.

None of the armchair critics have any idea what it's like to play a game of footy against a team containing Cronk, JT, Smith, Inglis, Slater, Parker, [Hodges]...etc. They have nothing but class all over the field, and they don't give you and free tries/possession.

Pearce comes close most years despite the odds being stacked against him. It's a bit like watching the All Blacks v the Wannabes in Union - we have some great players and generally give them a run for their money, but they are the best in the world. That or watching Kyrgios/Tomic play Djokovic/Nadal/Federer...etc in the tennis.

IMO our expectations are too high. SOMEBODY has to take the bullet for us. NSW doesn't have Cronk, Smith, Slater,Inglis and JT. We have Pearce, Hodkinson, Duges, Farah and Jennings. All amazing players, but none are individually as good as their QLD counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I was only thinking this the other day. I couldn't remember the name of David Bowie's son and that is because he changed his name to Duncan Jones, to reflect David's real surname. At one point he went by the name of Joe. It's both a blessing and curse to have famous parents and many on here just cannot handle that Peace is not and never will be the footballer you want him to be or live up to some impossible lofty standards. Remember the pressure put on Jarrod Mullen during Origin 2006? He's another poor bugger who couldn't please the desperate Blues fans and never lived up to the hype. Same for anyone who pulls on the 6 and 7 at the Eels. There will never be another Kenny & Sterlo and people should just calm down and enjoy life and what's in front, not what has gone behind.
                  He was Zoe Bowie

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I reckon you are dead right.

None of the armchair critics have any idea what it's like to play a game of footy against a team containing Cronk, JT, Smith, Inglis, Slater, Parker, [Hodges]...etc.

I once palmed off Graham Eadie and scored under the posts at the Sports Ground.
                    Fair dinkum.

Comment

Working...
                    X