Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unwanted reality check but important to remember just what happened this offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should stay in that shitty three-person site they set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
      Souths were very good.

Even at our best we rarely blow teams off the park in the first quarter like that, without giving them a huge sniff to win later on.

Of course, the early penalty count was pretty full on.

They finished up completing 33-36 sets in that heat is a fantastic effort. They would have beaten most sides based on that alone.

This is a good test for Robbo and the staff. We're playing with a lot of kids, players not in their rightful position, lots of disruption etc.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post

So basically, you are implying you care more about Pearce than the club itself

Great club fan you are

This is probably not what you actually think but that's what you just said
        No, he means it. In his warped mind, he much rather see the team lose which will prove his point that Pearce is that good. He's actually not a fan of the club.

Comment

Better to have that sort of lesson now than ten weeks in. In fairness to the team, rugby league is about momentum these days and in the first 25 Souths had all of it. In part that was because of our poor discipline and defensive play. But it's done now. I'm pretty sure we lost that game last year too.

Otherwise the balance of my two cents worth is comprised of the following:

- Kane Evans should not be starting.
          - our forwards, and some of our backs (Burgess) threw what can only be described as diabolical offloads, in traffic and well within our own half. We were in bad field position and they often made it worse. I would prefer if in those circumstances they hung onto the ball and played smart and reduced the margin for error.
          - on at least three occasions in the first half when we actually had some ball Hastinga decided to launch midfield bombs. I'm not exactly sure what the hell he was thinking. We should have kicked long, into the corners and run the risk of the ball going into touch (which negates Inglis in broken field) or even dead. Kicking it high and handing it to them on their 30 was just stupid.
          - SKD ran with purpose. He should hold his head high.
          - Fergusson was lost in attack. I was also lost as to what was going on when Henderson was on the field at the same time as Friend and our halves. In the closing minutes of the first half we had three sets on their line but played like the under 12's North Ryde Hawks.
          - Laterall Mitchell should enough to warrant his selection; I hope he is shifted to his natural position soon enough.
          - Despite his tries, Burgess' reads in D were poor. He will be relegated next week for Tupou.
          - our goal line D needs to be much, much better. What they dished out yesterday was substandard.
          - anyone who questions Pearce's value and utility to the team is a muppet.

Enough said. Bring on the Raiders and an opportunity at redemption.

Comment

Working...
          X