No announcement yet.

Ferguson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Niko and Watson will be our long term halves.

I'm having doubts over Hastings, not writing him off just yet though.

Comment

Bring back Daniel Mortimer!

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post

I hope Niko is not - prefer the Watson Matterson combo. We got sold a dud as in Niko. You either have it or not and Niko has shown to me he doesn't. Watson a similar age and shows 3 times as much promise than Niko let alone a champion attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post

I hope Niko is not - prefer the Watson Matterson combo. We got sold a dud as in Niko. You either have it or not and Niko has shown to me he doesn't. Watson a similar age and shows 3 times as much promise than Niko let alone a champion attitude.
          Watson has been given the start to FG Nikorima was supposed to have. I bet if Niko had that start he would have handled it a lot better then he has.

Nikorima also showed a lot of promise in the St Helens game and the early rounds, you can see that he's just not ready for full time FG gig. When he's ready though and been given the proper introduction you will see more games like the St Helens one.

Comment

I think Hastings will be one of the best halfbacks this club has ever had. Show me a 20 year old halfback doing better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              Ray and Chicken Boy get a room!
              Only if you join in big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

I think Hastings will be one of the best halfbacks this club has ever had. Show me a 20 year old halfback doing better than him.
                I'm not so sure.

He isn't a natural footballer. He proved that when he had 5 on 2 on squandered the chance.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Ash Taylor, Kane Elgey, and then players like Foran/Mbye at similar ages.

I'm not writing him off yet but the only effective play I've seen him have is his cross field kicks. His long kicking game is poor, he's a ball hog, his running game is weak he isn't fast enough or agile enough to be able to break the line and do something with it. I just don't see much at this point in time. I hope he makes a fool out of me though and becomes very successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                    Fergo has been ordinary all season.
                    I think the whole team has actually.
                    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                      Ray Stehr called Jayden Nikorima our saviour. How stupid can you get?
                      Better than calling Finch our saviour.
                      Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

I'm not writing him off yet but the only effective play I've seen him have is his cross field kicks. His long kicking game is poor, he's a ball hog, his running game is weak he isn't fast enough or agile enough to be able to break the line and do something with it. I just don't see much at this point in time. I hope he makes a fool out of me though and becomes very successful.
                        Don't know what elegy has done in his career.. How many games does he have? Ash Taylor looks decent no doubt. Wouldn't put him above Hastings. Just think back to that game against manly last year when everyone was raving about Hastings kicking game. Foran and dce have gone on to become million dollar a season players and we're brought into grade in a very successful era for manly where they developed behind a dominant pack. Hastings has struggled this year but anyone who thought he would thrive in an injury depleted side without a spine or any on field leadership has set the bar too high. I think we'll see what Hastings is capable of from here on. I have a big wrap on him. I know others disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                          I'm not so sure.

He isn't a natural footballer. He proved that when he had 5 on 2 on squandered the chance.
                          Yes he proved he has no ability and no future after that play.

Comment

Foran? Are you kidding? He turns 26 shortly and has played more than 150 first grade games. Why not throw in Cooper Cronk whilst you are at it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                              I'm not so sure.

I think it was a case of a guy showing his vast inexperience more than anything else. His main problems are though that he isn't quick and is more of an organizing halfback, just like Pearce. I really don't see these 2 together as a good combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Foran? Are you kidding? He turns 26 shortly and has played more than 150 first grade games. Why not throw in Cooper Cronk whilst you are at it?
                                "At similar ages"

Comment

Working...
                                X