No announcement yet.

Newcastle prove the cap is crap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should be carrying Nick, Robbo and , especially, POS to and from games on golden thrones. To have three minor premierships in a row in the salary cap era with hardy any third party money is extraordinary. No other club will come close.

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post
      The NRL has been happy to pat themselves on the back, pointing out the evenness of the comp as a result of salary cap. They ignore the fact that the original motivator was to stop incompetent administrators (of which there have been many!) spending money they don't have and sending their clubs broke. When the Roosters chairman got up at the AGM some years ago and said the salary cap should be raised substantially, he was shouted down by all the other clubs. Yet how many clubs have since been found to be cheating? It is sheer hypocrisy. They were accused of just wanting to buy good players, even though it has been shown - as most Roosters supporters would be well aware - that they punch above their weight in terms of player development. Players are still learning the game at 16-17. Commentators and supporters point the finger at Easts saying they have no juniors like it is their fault and continually accuse them of cheating the cap even when the facts obviously show otherwise. So yes, clubs SHOULD have an opportunity to keep champion teams together longer. This doesn't mean having no cap, but it does means raising it a lot.
      No different to everyone moaning about Robbo last week. That was not sour grapes. It was for the good of the game.

Now the debate on The Flunker has heated up as a direct result. Robbo has paid for it but all will benefit. He even said that it's the only way to encourage debate and cause change.

That won't stop the idiots in the game from having a shot at him though.

Lastly to the myth John Grant. Firstly, it wasn't your place to comment like some poor man's Mike Baird. And, secondly, saying there are other channels when you know they are a waste of time is disingenuous. Time for you to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
        Sorry MR. I don't mean to offend anyone.

I read an article on how Tedesco amongst others including JWH rejected big offers from the Raiders and that's why i used the nations capital as an example.

I'd probably still opt for France though

After 47 years in Bondi i'm considering a move to da Shire.
        No offence taken 2026. I'm used to the Canberra comments. I was just having a little tongue in cheek dig.

Comment

As for this thread, I don't think Newcastle proves the cap is crap. I think the fact it rewards mediocrity and penalises success proves that it's crap. I also think it is grossly unfair that some teams get a far greater benefit than others with the third party deals arrangements.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
            We should be carrying Nick, Robbo and , especially, POS to and from games on golden thrones. To have three minor premierships in a row in the salary cap era with hardy any third party money is extraordinary. No other club will come close.
            Coming from the person who called season 2014 and season 2015 a failure that is outrageous!

Comment

What do you think Thurston would do if he was drafted by Canberra?

I know i'd rather play French or Japanese Rugby than live and play for Canberra.
              OI! I'm in Canberra mate :P

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post

Coming from the person who called season 2014 and season 2015 a failure that is outrageous!
                Thanks you for your comment Braith Anasta's Wallet. As the resident arbiter of loyalty on this forum your input is always eagerly anticipated.

Alas, the goal is to win a premiership Braith Anasta's Wallet. Being minor premiers three years in a row is indeed extraordinary as I stated in my post. Sadly it is still a failed effort and, whilst his knowledge of a fraction of yours, Robbo also considers it the same.

Hopefully when we have Mini and Ricko in charge of the club we will win a string of them.

Thanks again for your assistance in setting us straight Braith Anasta's Wallet. Keep up your fine work.

Comment

Established or rookies, it makes no difference. A player should decide who he plays for or it becomes restriction of trade.
                  Imagine forcing the next young indigenous JT to move from Townsville, away from his family, culture and support networks and shifted him to Bondi or manly. You'd end up with a lot more Pearce incidents and disconnected people.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Thanks you for your comment Braith Anasta's Wallet. As the resident arbiter of loyalty on this forum your input is always eagerly anticipated.

Alas, the goal is to win a premiership Braith Anasta's Wallet. Being minor premiers three years in a row is indeed extraordinary as I stated in my post. Sadly it is still a failed effort and, whilst his knowledge of a fraction of yours, Robbo also considers it the same.

Hopefully when we have Mini and Ricko in charge of the club we will win a string of them.

Thanks again for your assistance in setting us straight Braith Anasta's Wallet. Keep up your fine work.
                    You reward failure with golden thrones, you are a peculiar 'man.'

Comment

Again, thanks for your valuable input.

I will go back to ignoring you again now.

Comment

You have said that before Johnny Tobin just as you said you were leaving this website.

Comment

Game..Set....BAW.

New balls please.

Comment

Forever providing amusement to simpletons.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                              yea...scrap the cap...lets watch brisbane win it year after year...awesome idea
                              Brisbane are better off with a salary cap than not. They can pay millions in TPP's.. If there is no cap, then they are actually brought back to the field alongside a few other rich clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Imagine forcing the next young indigenous JT to move from Townsville, away from his family, culture and support networks and shifted him to Bondi or manly. You'd end up with a lot more Pearce incidents and disconnected people.
                                Johnny Tobin?

Comment

Working...
                                X