The casualties of the Parra affair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The casualties of the Parra affair

My feelings on the issue are a bit different from most I see expressed here to date.

I feel very sorry for the Parramatta fans who have now been hurt by this outcome...innocent victims in the crossfire.

There team has been playing terrific football under Brad Arthur this year. I feel for him too.

I cant accept that what Parra have been hammered for is worse/different than what teams like Souths, Bulldogs, Manly, Brisbane etc. have been doing.

The NRL are the real joke...good luck Parramatta in rebuilding the ship.

Very true. It has been a very long time since their fans had much to be happy about. In my opinion a strong Parramatta team helps to maintain a strong NRL. Western Sydney is still the heartland of Rugby League and if their team is winning more and more people will support.

On the hand - they cheated, they got caught and fark them.

Comment

I feel sorry for their fans as well after so many recent years of being down the bottom and putting up with such terrible management it is surely a cruel blow for their fans. It is still baffling how a club such as Parramatta Eels can be run so poorly.

Comment

We wouldnt be afforded the same sympathy so while its not there fault (the fans) the will now have to deal with all the ridicule that comes with this much like we would have to in the same situation

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
          My feelings on the issue are a bit different from most I see expressed here to date.

I feel very sorry for the Parramatta fans who have now been hurt by this outcome...innocent victims in the crossfire.

There team has been playing terrific football under Brad Arthur this year. I feel for him too.

I cant accept that what Parra have been hammered for is worse/different than what teams like Souths, Bulldogs, Manly, Brisbane etc. have been doing.

Top post JFC, Brisbane and the Bulldogs have surely been worse than the Eels, the only difference is they haven't been caught. All of these salary cap incidents have one common denominator, a disgruntled whistle blower. When the incident at the Bronco's came up last year with Andrew Gee and his $300K in cash payments he simply refused to talk and the NRL shrugged their shoulders and moved on. No doubt Gee was given some hush money from the Bronco's to keep it quiet. Anthony Milford was apparently offered $900K a season by the Raiders to stay and not break his contract before he joined the Bronco's where he is now on allegedly $400K a year. James Roberts turned down $500K from the Dragons to take $250K.. The NRL doesn't care because a strong Bronco's team means big crowds and big ratings on Friday nights.

Comment

This has been hanging over the playing groups head for some time yet it hasn't effected their performance. Arthur has them firing and they are mentally tough.

It'll be interesting to see if the NRL strips their +45 points differential which may be an issue if they finish 8th with another team.

Comment

And now the storm are going to take legal action against the NRL for allowing parra to play for points this year, where as the storm weren't. This is such a nice moment for the already embattled game.

Comment

The common comments from Parra fans I know is what about the Roosters they've been cheating for years.
                So no sympathy from me.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                  The common comments from Parra fans I know is what about the Roosters they've been cheating for years.
                  So no sympathy from me.
                  I just tell them we only cheated in 2013, not 5yrs in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Well said and I do have some admiration for their coach Brad Arthur for managing to keep Parra on fire during this uncertain period leading up to today.

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                      This has been hanging over the playing groups head for some time yet it hasn't effected their performance. Arthur has them firing and they are mentally tough.

It'll be interesting to see if the NRL strips their +45 points differential which may be an issue if they finish 8th with another team.

You can call me a conspiracy theorist, I think they will get stitched up by the match officials towards the end of the regular season if they look like making the 8

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Top post JFC, Brisbane and the Bulldogs have surely been worse than the Eels, the only difference is they haven't been caught. All of these salary cap incidents have one common denominator, a disgruntled whistle blower. When the incident at the Bronco's came up last year with Andrew Gee and his $300K in cash payments he simply refused to talk and the NRL shrugged their shoulders and moved on. No doubt Gee was given some hush money from the Bronco's to keep it quiet. Anthony Milford was apparently offered $900K a season by the Raiders to stay and not break his contract before he joined the Bronco's where he is now on allegedly $400K a year. James Roberts turned down $500K from the Dragons to take $250K.. The NRL doesn't care because a strong Bronco's team means big crowds and big ratings on Friday nights.
                        Very true indeed!

Comment

Zero sympathy from me, imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, the entire league community/ media would be falling over them selves laughing and sneering "told ya so" etc. at us.

Comment

wich all goes to prove and confirm what a disgusting group of cheatiung newscorp neddies the storm actually are whereas parramatta is a real football club with history and a big dose of reality, but no rupert murdoch backer!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                              wich all goes to prove and confirm what a disgusting group of cheatiung newscorp neddies the storm actually are whereas parramatta is a real football club with history and a big dose of reality, but no rupert murdoch backer!
                              Mate you should set up a soap box in Hyde Park and preach your politics to the people. I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear your views.

Comment

Working...
                              X