X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moa isn't far off the list either.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Guerra getting dragged into touch from the first carry of the match sums him up perfectly.

I have never seen that in a game of rugby league, at any level!

Comment

Not sure about some, but Moa, Maubs, Friend, Guerra, are looking just plain tired. Especially, Friend & Guerra. We need some older more experienced players in the side to lead by example and to mix it up with all that youth coming through. We also need some pace out there, we look so friggin slow.
        Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
          Maubs is another who would be on thin ice as he's turning into a massive plodder.

Some of his defence this year has been worse than Guerra.

Chook.
          Maubs hasn't missed a tackle in the last 4 games?

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

And in the 5 before that he missed 12.

Chook.
            Last edited by Chook; 05-23-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Never let the truth get in the way of a good player assassination.

Comment

Firstly - dropping Friend? Crazy stuff mate. Still one of the best hookers in the game and bleeds RWB. Friend and Latrell are the two playing with most urgency and passion out there at the moment. If anything, consider passing the captaincy to JWH/Cordner.

However.........

Guerra and Toops are both no brainers I think.
                Neither of them have been playing with the intensity and desire required of first graders.

Age is catching up with Moa. His attitude as always is good, but the question is how much longer will he be effective?

The jury is still out with both Hastings & Burgess IMO. Both have shown glimpses. I suspect that Hastings is simply incapable of playing within a rigid game plan. He always has been an off the cuff/play whats in front of you style of player. If Robbo were to loosen the reigns it may help, but for that to work you would need commited teammates in attack.

Burgess simply hasn't had enough game time to make a firm decision on. Ditto Copley.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                  Firstly - dropping Friend? Crazy stuff mate. Still one of the best hookers in the game and bleeds RWB. Friend and Latrell are the two playing with most urgency and passion out there at the moment. If anything, consider passing the captaincy to JWH/Cordner.

However.........

Guerra and Toops are both no brainers I think.
                  Neither of them have been playing with the intensity and desire required of first graders.

Age is catching up with Moa. His attitude as always is good, but the question is how much longer will he be effective?

The jury is still out with both Hastings & Burgess IMO. Both have shown glimpses. I suspect that Hastings is simply incapable of playing within a rigid game plan. He always has been an off the cuff/play whats in front of you style of player. If Robbo were to loosen the reigns it may help, but for that to work you would need commited teammates in attack.

Burgess simply hasn't had enough game time to make a firm decision on. Ditto Copley.

I haven't seen anything that shows me Hastings is an off the cuff style player
                  He's much talked about short kicking game has been average this year.
                  I'm not a fan of the kid but I've said it before, I hope he succeeds in the nrl and with us. I'm just yet to see what all the hype is about. He's a LONG way behind Ash Taylor in terms of playing ability. He's playing good football in an average side

Comment

Guerra will go anyway.

Burgess too soon for him. He may be of value in the next year or two.

Friend still a valuable player. 5-10kg heavier than most of the hookers in the comp. Lose that weight and he'll be more fitter and mobile, and will free up a bench spot.

Hastings too soon for him as well. The only problem I have with him is he is a slug. Pearce and Maloney could easily step to the outside of a forward, Hastings can't. Not easily fixed.

Will be very surprised if a deal isn't done to release Burgess back to Super League at seasons end.

I'm not sure how Friend loses weight without losing strength. I doubt any of it is fat. Surely that's just his build, which helps him defensively. He does offer little in attack tho
                    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

I'd keep Friend but find a new captain.

I'd also add Moa to that list.

Comment

I'd also wait and see how Hastings reacts when he's given another chance.

2017 Spine

1- Hayne
                        6- Mitchell
                        7 - Pearce
                        9 - Friend

Comment

I reckon we should shop Guerra around now and try and get rid of him b4 June 30 this year. Even if we have to pay the 2nd half of this years contract, as long as they take over the full value of his 2017 contract then get rid of him. We're paying him for nothing this year anyway the way he's going.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                            Guerra getting dragged into touch from the first carry of the match sums him up perfectly.

I have never seen that in a game of rugby league, at any level!
                            Agree. That's up there with Marty Kennedy's trip and falcon off the kick off, ironically against the Mutts.

Comment

I feel for Hastings, he's a kid who's finding his way yet made to be a scapegoat.

Hastings will save us, no Nikorima will save us, no Matterson will save us, no Watson will save us, no sign Kodi, no what about young Lam?

I feel sorry for them all, kids who at the same age as the two best halves currently playing the game were no better or worse off.

Development takes time an patience, it's hard to remain logical when passion comes into it but the pressure we're putting on these kids is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                                I feel for Hastings, he's a kid who's finding his way yet made to be a scapegoat.

Hastings will save us, no Nikorima will save us, no Matterson will save us, no Watson will save us, no sign Kodi, no what about young Lam?

I feel sorry for them all, kids who at the same age as the two best halves currently playing the game were no better or worse off.

Development takes time an patience, it's hard to remain logical when passion comes into it but the pressure we're putting on these kids is ridiculous.
                                Hastings just isn't going to be a class player.

We need class in the halves, not toilers or project players.

Comment

Working...
                                X