Clean out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
    Hastings just isn't going to be a class player.

We need class in the halves, not toilers or project players.
    I'd like to see Hastings starting at 9 within the next 2 years and until then coming off the bench for friend. Hastings can kick goals is a good defender, tough and has a coolhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_Rooter View Post
      I'd like to see Hastings starting at 9 within the next 2 years and until then coming off the bench for friend. Hastings can kick goals is a good defender, tough and has a coolhead.
      I honestly believe Connor Watson would be a far better proposition to develop into a number 9 than Hastings. You need good acceleration and footwork these days to play dummy half which Watson has, Hastings doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_Rooter View Post
        Why experiment in such a critical position.

As mentioned above, Watson has more attributes to play in the position. Both positions actually.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
          Why experiment in such a critical position.

As mentioned above, Watson has more attributes to play in the position. Both positions actually.
          Watson should be playing in the halves a waste at 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            I feel for Hastings, he's a kid who's finding his way yet made to be a scapegoat.

Hastings will save us, no Nikorima will save us, no Matterson will save us, no Watson will save us, no sign Kodi, no what about young Lam?

I feel sorry for them all, kids who at the same age as the two best halves currently playing the game were no better or worse off.

Development takes time an patience, it's hard to remain logical when passion comes into it but the pressure we're putting on these kids is ridiculous.

Way too much common sense in that post R6. Let's just throw the baby out with the bath water now and be done with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

I honestly believe Connor Watson would be a far better proposition to develop into a number 9 than Hastings. You need good acceleration and footwork these days to play dummy half which Watson has, Hastings doesn't.

Watson's service from dummy half is rubbish. It's way too slow

Comment

We should pick up Steve Matai before the word gets out.
                "The only time you start at the top is when you are digging a hole."
                - Jack Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
                  We should pick up Steve Matai before the word gets out.
                  I like Matai.

I think he has another year with Manly.

Is he on the outer?

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                    I like Matai.

I think he has another year with Manly.

Is he on the outer?
                    Hi posty,

Suggestions they want him gone with Lyon at seasons end... new broom... sweeps clean n all that.
                    If we offer him 2 years + option for 1 more with the intention of taking Manu under his wing... boom. Not only do we solve 1 current issue but we have a sucsessor for when he calls it a day.
                    - Jack Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post

Hi posty,

Suggestions they want him gone with Lyon at seasons end... new broom... sweeps clean n all that.
                      If we offer him 2 years + option for 1 more with the intention of taking Manu under his wing... boom. Not only do we solve 1 current issue but we have a sucsessor for when he calls it a day.
                      Interesting!

Fark he hits hard. That tackle on Sanchez in the 2013 GF was trade mark Matai. Pearce with the hospital ball.

What's he worth?

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post

What's he worth?
                        A few $ on top of a little respect and the opportunity to go out like a champion deserves. I'd rather you hit me than him also.

- Jack Gibson

Comment

Matai is about as fast as Guerra these days, is more inury prone then he's ever been and you want to throw him a 2yr deal??? Geez I'm glad you're not in charge of recruitment

Comment

I won't welcome him yet. I'll wait for the 'official' Steve Matai thread.

I say we replace that english twat with Tooves and have the little nugget do the odd presser.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                              Matai is about as fast as Guerra these days, is more inury prone then he's ever been and you want to throw him a 2yr deal??? Geez I'm glad you're not in charge of recruitment
                              How are those in charge of recruitment going?

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                                You're entitled to your opinion (if that's what that is) but I draw the line at comparisons with GFuerra. On 2nd thought, you're right... Matai's no nonense approach to playing 80mins and his neversay die attitude wouldn't benefit the likes of Manu, Elliott, Butcher and Evans any right? Not to mention the bloke actually thinks while he's on the field. No on 3rd thought you are right... he wouldn't fit in would he not in OUR team.

- Jack Gibson

Comment

Working...
                                X