Clean out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
    I won't welcome him yet. I'll wait for the 'official' Steve Matai thread.

I say we replace that english twat with Tooves and have the little nugget do the odd presser.
    I hope it happens keeping in mind Copley will still be on the mend next season.
    "The only time you start at the top is when you are digging a hole."
    - Jack Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post

You're entitled to your opinion (if that's what that is) but I draw the line at comparisons with GFuerra. On 2nd thought, you're right... Matai's no nonense approach to playing 80mins and his neversay die attitude wouldn't benefit the likes of Manu, Elliott, Butcher and Evans any right? Not to mention the bloke actually thinks while he's on the field. No on 3rd thought you are right... he wouldn't fit in would he not in OUR team.

How many games has Matai played this season? He's 32 yrs old this year and you guys want to give him a 2yr deal with an option for a 3rd? His no nonsense attitude you talk about....is this the same guy that lays on the ground and clutches at his shoulder after every tackle? This is some kind of a joke ins't it....a but like Dylan Walker making the origin team.

Comment

How are those in charge of recruitment going?

I would say pretty damn good....they have delivered us a premiership and 2 minor premierships in the last 3 seasons. You want to deliver us a crocked centre who's best years were two season ago

Comment

Subsidised players are us.

Draw up the contract.

We had 2 backrowers playing in the centres on the weekend. Why? Injuries to players who are much younger than Matai.

Comment

Interesting!

Fark he hits hard. That tackle on Sanchez in the 2013 GF was trade mark Matai. Pearce with the hospital ball.

What's he worth?
            The hit he launched onto dave Tyrell last year I think it was, awesome shot, reckon Tyrell is still having nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I would say pretty damn good....they have delivered us a premiership and 2 minor premierships in the last 3 seasons. You want to deliver us a crocked centre who's best years were two season ago
              How far back are we going? 1908?

How has our recruitment/retention served us this season?

Comment

Watson's service from dummy half is rubbish. It's way too slow
                Yeah you are right. Obviously at 19 years of age and 3 games off the bench it could never improve. I think I will trust the coaches judgment over yours on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post

The hit he launched onto dave Tyrell last year I think it was, awesome shot, reckon Tyrell is still having nightmares.
                  I just checked out his highlights reel. It's awesome!

i won't upload it. It has Manly germs.

Comment

How far back are we going? 1908?

How has our recruitment/retention served us this season?

How good has Matai been this season? How many games has he played? How many tries, line breaks has he made?

Comment

How many games has Matai played this season?
                      More than the Roosters have won.

He's 32 yrs old this year and you guys want to give him a 2yr deal with an option for a 3rd?
                      Yep... maybe you should read the OP again.

His no nonsense attitude you talk about....is this the same guy that lays on the ground and clutches at his shoulder after every tackle?
                      Yep. If you carried his injury you'd be squealling with pain 24/7. He can't help it if he's tougher than you and still gives 100%.

This is some kind of a joke ins't it....a but like Dylan Walker making the origin team.
                      Now I remember you... you're the one that finds everything just "laughable". Bit like letting Maloney go wasn't it?

- Jack Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post

More than the Roosters have won.

Yep... maybe you should read the OP again.

Yep. If you carried his injury you'd be squealling with pain 24/7. He can't help it if he's tougher than you and still gives 100%.

Now I remember you... you're the one that finds everything just "laughable". Bit like letting Maloney go wasn't it?
                        What has our number of wins got to do with Matai's ability to stay on the footy field? As for the comment about your opening paragraph...the one where you want to sign Matai for 2 years with an option....yep. I read that. The rest of your post is more reason not to sign him. You have stated he's carrying a debilitating injury that causes great pain after every tackle yet you want him signed for the next 2 years. Yep, makes sense to me

Comment

How good has Matai been this season? How many games has he played? How many tries, line breaks has he made?
                          More than Dale Copley who's only 24.

Why isn't he playing?

Comment

Maybe not 400/500k but if Manly want to offload him, and, they're prepared to foot half the bill then yes.

At 200/250k a season he'd be great value! He'd add experience and mongrel to our backline plus a touch of strike power. He's also got great hands.

Hayne
                            Mitchell
                            Matai
                            Skid
                            Fergo
                            Matto/Hastings/?
                            Pearce

Comment

What has our number of wins got to do with Matai's ability to stay on the footy field? As for the comment about your opening paragraph...the one where you want to sign Matai for 2 years with an option....yep. I read that. The rest of your post is more reason not to sign him. You have stated he's carrying a debilitating injury that causes great pain after every tackle yet you want him signed for the next 2 years. Yep, makes sense to me
                              I get it now. You're one of the 'who can we buy in to rescue us from the shit we're in' brigade under the pretense of us being "understrength" because we let Maloney, Jennings and RTS go. You know, old skool Roosters style... has to be a big shot, has to be the envy of other clubs, has to be an immediate success and straight-up match winner right. You know, worthy...
                              Try this... let your brain do the thinking and resist letting your fingers do the talking for just a minute and consider the experience, knowledge and skill set Matai could impart on our young Roosters. See him as a lifesize attitude adjuster. You could call it d i s c i p l i n e. His shoulder? What about it? Has he retired or do you know more about Matai than he does? You seem to be suggesting he's no longer capable of giving 100%. Which leads me to value and contract length? He'd likely accept 1/2 of Guerra's current contract and still go close to giving you more in a single season than Guerra has in the past 3 notwithstanding his impact and influence on this playing group.
                              - Jack Gibson

Comment

Maybe not 400/500k but if Manly want to offload him, and, they're prepared to foot half the bill then yes.

At 200/250k a season he'd be great value! He'd add experience and mongrel to our backline plus a touch of strike power. He's also got great hands.

Hayne
                                Mitchell
                                Matai
                                Skid
                                Fergo
                                Matto/Hastings/?
                                Pearce
                                From now on you should start every post you make with the following;

1. Hayne
                                - Jack Gibson

Comment

Working...
                                X