Originally posted by Double View Post

From now on you should start every post you make with the following;

1. Hayne
    The club owes us big time.

Fancy not spending your cap allowance.

Uncle better deliver

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
      ... Fancy not spending your cap allowance...
      I'm ok with not spending it but the suggestion they could also use it to retain/upgrade the contracts of several muppets in our team doesn't sit well.
      "The only time you start at the top is when you are digging a hole."
      - Jack Gibson

Comment

Get rid of Jake Friend? And replace him with who, Albert Talipeau?

Madness.

Friend is one of our most important players moving forward and once we settle on a halves combo to alleviate the pressure on him then I'm sure he'll rediscover his best form.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

Now that every team is allowed to block him on the high ball he's done as that's all he had going for him.
          Yeah I'm with you... poor enforcement of the rules has ruled him out of the game. Why bother having a super tall winger if the opposition's allowed to block him and tackle him in the air?

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post

I get it now. You're one of the 'who can we buy in to rescue us from the shit we're in' brigade under the pretense of us being "understrength" because we let Maloney, Jennings and RTS go. You know, old skool Roosters style... has to be a big shot, has to be the envy of other clubs, has to be an immediate success and straight-up match winner right. You know, worthy...
            Try this... let your brain do the thinking and resist letting your fingers do the talking for just a minute and consider the experience, knowledge and skill set Matai could impart on our young Roosters. See him as a lifesize attitude adjuster. You could call it d i s c i p l i n e. His shoulder? What about it? Has he retired or do you know more about Matai than he does? You seem to be suggesting he's no longer capable of giving 100%. Which leads me to value and contract length? He'd likely accept 1/2 of Guerra's current contract and still go close to giving you more in a single season than Guerra has in the past 3 notwithstanding his impact and influence on this playing group.
            You know that you're struggling for common sense answers when you start with the personal insults. Have a nice day and good luck with your push to sign Matai

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

You know that you're struggling for common sense answers when you start with the personal insults. Have a nice day and good luck with your push to sign Matai
              Laughable
              - Jack Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Yeah you are right. Obviously at 19 years of age and 3 games off the bench it could never improve. I think I will trust the coaches judgment over yours on this one.
                Yep, even Freddy had to work on his passing well into his first grade career.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Kane Linnett re-signs with Cowgirls

North Queensland Cowboys centre Kane Linnett will remain in the blue and grey after agreeing to a two-year contract extension.

The new deal means Linnett will remain a Cowboy until the end of the 2018 season, joining recently re-signed teammates Antonio Winterstein and Lachlan Coote.

Both players last month agreed to two-year extensions as the club continues its retention work.

The 27-year-old Shellharbour, NSW, product was stoked to be able to remain in North Queensland.

"I always wanted to stay here. When I came up from the Roosters at the start of 2012, I haven’t looked back and have thoroughly enjoyed playing with such great teammates and in such a settled environment," Linnett said.

"This is a fantastic club to play for, and the recent success we’ve had adds to that enjoyment.

"I’ve also settled well into the North Queensland lifestyle, having made some great friends away from footy as well."

I can't quite remember. Was this guy good at the Roosters?
                  Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post
                    Kane Linnett re-signs with Cowgirls

North Queensland Cowboys centre Kane Linnett will remain in the blue and grey after agreeing to a two-year contract extension.

The new deal means Linnett will remain a Cowboy until the end of the 2018 season, joining recently re-signed teammates Antonio Winterstein and Lachlan Coote.

Both players last month agreed to two-year extensions as the club continues its retention work.

The 27-year-old Shellharbour, NSW, product was stoked to be able to remain in North Queensland.

"I always wanted to stay here. When I came up from the Roosters at the start of 2012, I haven’t looked back and have thoroughly enjoyed playing with such great teammates and in such a settled environment," Linnett said.

"This is a fantastic club to play for, and the recent success we’ve had adds to that enjoyment.

"I’ve also settled well into the North Queensland lifestyle, having made some great friends away from footy as well."

I can't quite remember. Was this guy good at the Roosters?

Linnett was a very good centre for us but wasn't part of the grand plan to end up with the slowest backline in the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Linnett was a very good centre for us but wasn't part of the grand plan to end up with the slowest backline in the competition.
                      LOL
                      Roosters For Ever

Comment

With regards to Matai, given that Lyon is retiring and the fact there are no decent centres on the market, i would think it unlikely Matai would be shipped off. Unless of course his shoulder is well and truly stuffed. If there was no question mark over his fitness would be happy to have him, can't see it happening though.

Comment

Matai is far too big a risk at this stage of his career. Anyway it is a pointless conversation as there is no way on earth the club will sign him.

Comment

What team are you watching? Robbo has the forwards trying to play short but they keep on dropping the pill,

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                              I'd also wait and see how Hastings reacts when he's given another chance.

2017 Spine

1- Hayne
                              6- Mitchell
                              7 - Pearce
                              9 - Friend
                              Hayne is a myth.
                              'Personality traits' are reportedly part of why we've allegedly dropped off him. That, and the Eels payments drama.
                              According to the newspaper.

Latrell is a better FB than Hayne today anyway.

Matterson looks good at centre.
                              Last edited by bondi-boy; 05-26-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                                Matai is far too big a risk at this stage of his career. Anyway it is a pointless conversation as there is no way on earth the club will sign him.
                                Concede there is a risk, but at the right $ just for his mentoring he is worth it considering the money we've already squandered.

For the record, he's played 8 of 11 rounds this season according to the interwebs.
                                - Jack Gibson

Comment

Working...
                                X