Didn't know this. Thurston's Sledge to Mitch SOO3 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't know this. Thurston's Sledge to Mitch SOO3 2015

JOHNATHAN Thurston was caught on camera late in Origin III giving Mitchell Pearce an absolute tongue lashing as Queensland embarrassed NSW with a devastating performance to win back the shield.

With no audio of the exchange played by Channel Nine, the Thurston sledge has been one of the most intriguing aspects of the Origin wash up, with fans and commentators doing their best to lip read and guess what one of the greatest halves of all-time might have said as he bathed in the glory.
    But just a few days later, the guessing can cease after Thurston revealed to Triple M’s Sunday NRL program a slice of his verbal volley aimed at Pearce.

“Oh, I just let Pearcey know he should probably get a photo with Wally’s statue (the Wally Lewis statue outside Suncorp Stadium) because that’s the closest he was going to get to holding the shield,” Thurston said.
    Roosters For Ever

ht is a grub just ask him about coffs harbour? you wont get a straight answer

Comment

I never went on JT either, you can imagine what get's swept under the carpet up there.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
        ht is a grub just ask him about coffs harbour? you wont get a straight answer
        If he owes anyone a straight answer it is certainly to you mate. What position do you hold again?

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post
          JOHNATHAN Thurston was caught on camera late in Origin III giving Mitchell Pearce an absolute tongue lashing as Queensland embarrassed NSW with a devastating performance to win back the shield.

With no audio of the exchange played by Channel Nine, the Thurston sledge has been one of the most intriguing aspects of the Origin wash up, with fans and commentators doing their best to lip read and guess what one of the greatest halves of all-time might have said as he bathed in the glory.
          But just a few days later, the guessing can cease after Thurston revealed to Triple M’s Sunday NRL program a slice of his verbal volley aimed at Pearce.

“Oh, I just let Pearcey know he should probably get a photo with Wally’s statue (the Wally Lewis statue outside Suncorp Stadium) because that’s the closest he was going to get to holding the shield,” Thurston said.
          No offence but that was pretty widely publicised.

My reading of JT is that he's a cocky, arrogant b*stard when he's winning. He's super humble when on camera (doing videos about how he won a premiership by fluke) and he's a f*ckwit who nobody wants to be around when his team's down (blasts team mates, blames everybody around him and acts like a kid.)

I dunno how people can jump on NQ as the 'good' team. They're full of old players who dogged Easts when we were doing it tough... also, they rorted the salary cap by 'selling' players luxury investments for well under cost price and were investigated last year.

JT's true character comes out when he's making d*ckhead comments like that during Origin. Only club (and only players) I'll be supporting are Easts. The rest can fark off.

Comment

Fair game in the sledging battle.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...311e71508a7c5b

Last man standing always has the last laugh.

But I agree that JT is an a-grade carnt who got away with something at Coffs and another location that many of us wouldn't have.

Comment

It has been well publicised that whatever happened at Coffs harbour was consensual, and the allegations were false, so to try and keep tarnishing JT over something that was nothing is uncalled for.

Comment

I heard that Pearce started it and all Thurston did was return serve.

Comment

It was a brilliant sledge.

Chook.

Comment

Pearce had a crack at the age of the QLD squad in the media pre game 3 simple as that.

Comment

Thurston is a brilliant player and also the whiniest biatch in the NRL

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
                        Thurston is a brilliant player and also the whiniest biatch in the NRL
                        Nothing a smack in the mouth wouldn't fix, fark the game has become soft.

Comment

Pearce loves to sledge! He was calling the lols chokers back in the 2014 prelim when we were 12 - 0 up.

Cummin$ then stepped in and the rest is history.

Comment

JT is a GREAT player who is very well liked by the whole rugby league community especially the kids something Pearce will never be. I once met him at an event I was working after that Cronulla game in the semis a few years ago and had a chance to talk to him about itand he was a true gentleman. Very polite and gracious.

If anything Pearce would have started the sledging him first but in the end he got Smacked down.

If he was playing for us, he'd be a saint but to some here his a sinner. Appreciate how talented he is.

Comment

Thurstan was very much a troubled soul as a youngster, the dogs letting him go had nothing to do with salary cap bullshit. He learnt from his mistakes found a chick, got married had kids and is a wonderful role model and footy player. Unfortunately many other young superstars continue to act like children, never grow up and will never reach the potential they obviously had.
                              He is still a Whiney bitch especially with the refs and plays the innocent victim very well on the footy field and in the media.

Comment

Working...
                              X