Match Fixing.........breaking news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elvis Rooster View Post

Honestly I care. I want our players totally committed to their roles and would break my heart to think our guys might not try to win every time they play
    I agree buddy, was tongue in cheek...... except partying with Hayson, I want part of that

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
      While paying off players can be an effective match fixing strategy, to be sure you need to involve more than one.

If, on the other hand, you could corrupt a solitary official, you are on a winning strategy. Rugby League's rule enforcement offers so many opportunities for subjective decisions, any referee could easily determine the result of any match.

But that couldn't possibly happen, could it. Anybody who suggested it would be a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist.
      Very important point you make - couple that with the management culture of the NRL that fines you if you question it - the more insightful the criticism the bigger the fine.

Comment

and any sport that has a betting agency as a key stakeholder as commentator Chris Warren described Sportsbet - Well - nothing to see here - move along everyone

Comment

We don't need to corrupt the officials in order to rig games... the fix is already on.
          Last edited by ism22; 06-03-2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Why though? None of them came off. 75k down the gurgler at tracks and races that come under virtually nil scrutiny and could easily be fixed if you were in that game.
            I am not talking about match fixing. I am talking about a banned person using another persons account.

Comment

The great sport of Rugby League has absolutely no need of any affiliation or association with betting agencies. It will all end in tears. Piss them all off (especially that crooked smiling little Sportsbet prick) .That is all ..

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                I've heard that Manly are stuffed. 4 current big name players and two obvious ones at Parra.

I hope it's true. Screw that virus of a club.
                Are the two obvious parra players ex Manly as one of them wasn't at Manly last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I am not talking about match fixing. I am talking about a banned person using another persons account.
                  Ahh that's what I meant though. Why would he place bets on someone else's account. But now I realise he is banned from having his own. Goes to show how close him and foran must be.

Comment

Who, Turk?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Who, Turk?
                      Is Turk caught up the match fixing scandal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Ahh that's what I meant though. Why would he place bets on someone else's account. But now I realise he is banned from having his own. Goes to show how close him and foran must be.
                        At the very least it's a breach of TAB rules to let someone use your account. If there's money laundering involved it's much more serious.

It also raises another point. Apparently Foran wants to sue TAB for giving out his personal information. And everyone was blowing up at TAB about it - thinking it was a rogue employee. It's now more than possible that TAB lawfully gave the account info to the cops and the leak was there.

Comment

I heard there's six Manly players involved.
                          3 are still there.
                          3 have moved on. Foz, Maso & the departed brother. Foz's brother who played for the Roosters is Eddie Haysons bag man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

3 are still there.
                            3 have moved on. Foz, Maso & the departed brother. Foz's brother who played for the Roosters is Eddie Haysons bag man.
                            A Souths player as well and possibility some officials. Some people are saying 6 players involved at Manly

Comment

Suddenly everybody knows about this but only after it was released as information in the newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                                Suddenly everybody knows about this but only after it was released as information in the newspapers.
                                Rothfield rang me days ago about it but the net has been down here at Lithgow jail.

Comment

Working...
                                X