Shaun Fensom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    Workers are losing their relevance in the game unfortunatetly.

In another era Fensom would be a brilliant pick up but when clubs can get players the size of JWH who can take 15 runs and make 40 tackles the value of a player with great endurance levels and a high workrate start to lose their value.

It's very much a power athlete sport these days.
    Could all change next year when the interchange goes to 6. 10 to 8 interchange hasn't changed the game that much. 6 will change it. Especially if they don't change the rules regarding interchange for concussion players.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
      That Vaughn is a beast, tho.
      No to Fensom, offers nothing in attack. Yes Yes to Vaughan, not in the side tonight! Outstanding prospect on the upward spiral

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Could all change next year when the interchange goes to 6. 10 to 8 interchange hasn't changed the game that much. 6 will change it. Especially if they don't change the rules regarding interchange for concussion players.
        Will it really though? Players like James Tamou, Aaron Woods, Jared Warea Hargreaves, Josh Mcguire, Jesse Bromwich, Paul Gallen, James Graham etc etc etc. have all shown they can play long minutes at a consistently high quality. History has already shown us that reducing the interchange is only has short term effects, with the sports science and athletes available they don't skip a beat and before you know it there's another 120kg+ kid ready to run all day for you.

I don't understand the resistance to embrace the change that our sport is going through? For a long time I was quite open about my admiration of players like Aiden Tolman & Shaun Fensom but they're losing their value quickly and that is sad but on the flip side seeing freaks like Jason Taumalolo is just as exciting. Rather than continue trying to artificially alter our game by reducing interchanges why not just let it develop naturally for a change and see where it goes cause god knows for all the tinkering we're yet to see the intended results.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Will it really though? Players like James Tamou, Aaron Woods, Jared Warea Hargreaves, Josh Mcguire, Jesse Bromwich, Paul Gallen, James Graham etc etc etc. have all shown they can play long minutes at a consistently high quality. History has already shown us that reducing the interchange is only has short term effects, with the sports science and athletes available they don't skip a beat and before you know it there's another 120kg+ kid ready to run all day for you.

I don't understand the resistance to embrace the change that our sport is going through? For a long time I was quite open about my admiration of players like Aiden Tolman & Shaun Fensom but they're losing their value quickly and that is sad but on the flip side seeing freaks like Jason Taumalolo is just as exciting. Rather than continue trying to artificially alter our game by reducing interchanges why not just let it develop naturally for a change and see where it goes cause god knows for all the tinkering we're yet to see the intended results.
          To be fair the players you listed are the best in the game and make up about 2% of forwards that can compete at that level. I don't agree with all the tinkering the nrl does. It's sad to me that when I watch the English super league I find the game to be much more entertaining despite players with less quality. I'm not sure if that's due to coaching or refereeing but it's largely the same rules but so much more open and free flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis Rooster View Post

Phil Gould was commentating on a match a few weeks ago and he said that guys that make 40-50 tackles don't hurt or scare anyone and he questioned the quality of those tackles being made. I wonder if this is true of Jake Friend. Still if he wasn't getting through that work who else in our team would do the dirty work. I think you gotta have a mix of different styled pplayers
            It's a point with hookers because they generally don't 'tackle'... they are just quick, mobile players who act as a speed hump. Cam Smith during origin was an example. All he did was read the big boys, put himself into their running path (preventing them from doing line breaks) and then lay down on the ground trying to spoil the ruck. That's how you become the best in the world...

Fensom's different because he's more solid and actually tackles people. He's not small... he's 6ft (Moa's height) and what... 115kg or something?

It's definitely not all about size. Heard of Mose Masoe? 2m tall and 130kg!! STRONGEST player in our club (for ALL power tests)... beast! He's be one of the top power athletes our club has had, but is a soft carnt on the field. Go figure! Regardless of how tall you are, you've either got the ticker or you don't.

Injuries would be my only concern about Fensom. He's definitely got the ticker and he's the right age. Some good coaching (rather than Canberra over-using him to plug holes in their rubbish defence, while others try scoring tries against the play through individual brilliance/creativity. EVERYBODY in Canberra gets injured because they insist on that tactic...)

Comment

Seriously what is wrong with the forum today? Sandow lol, Moses lol, Fensom lol

Comment

No Fensom.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

It's a point with hookers because they generally don't 'tackle'... they are just quick, mobile players who act as a speed hump. Cam Smith during origin was an example. All he did was read the big boys, put himself into their running path (preventing them from doing line breaks) and then lay down on the ground trying to spoil the ruck. That's how you become the best in the world...

Fensom's different because he's more solid and actually tackles people. He's not small... he's 6ft (Moa's height) and what... 115kg or something?

It's definitely not all about size. Heard of Mose Masoe? 2m tall and 130kg!! STRONGEST player in our club (for ALL power tests)... beast! He's be one of the top power athletes our club has had, but is a soft carnt on the field. Go figure! Regardless of how tall you are, you've either got the ticker or you don't.

Injuries would be my only concern about Fensom. He's definitely got the ticker and he's the right age. Some good coaching (rather than Canberra over-using him to plug holes in their rubbish defence, while others try scoring tries against the play through individual brilliance/creativity. EVERYBODY in Canberra gets injured because they insist on that tactic...)
                  Two of our biggest problems are that we cannot score points and many of our guys are also getting injured so lets buy an injury prone tackling machine, that will sort out our problems.

Comment

I would take Luke Bateman before I would take Fensom

Comment

Fensom is shit.

Comment

Working...
                      X