Brendan Elliot to sign with Knights this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brendan Elliot to sign with Knights this week

looks like we can rule out Brendan Elliot filling in this weekend as our injury list grows.

foxsports is reporting he has signed with the knights and as long as he gets NRL clearance will play for them this weekend.

Too bad. He has done well every time he has had a chance. I wouldn't be too excited about moving from Bondi to Newcastle. And from the Roosters to the Knights. Hopefully he will be well compensated.

Comment

I really cannot fully understand this decision considering Elliot has been very good/solid for us whenever he was asked to play in NRL.
      And it's not as if we need salary cap space if we do indeed have that $600K war chest ...

Comment

Elliot a better option than Joe Burgess for this year. Not for future years.

Comment

Not sad to see him go.

Comment

Never really seen what the fuss was with Elliott.

Comment

best of luck brendan, you proudly wore the rwb and played the best you could in our colours for that alone you have my respect, you do deserve a regular nrl spot

Comment

My guess is Newcastle offered him a spot in the first grade threequarter line and we gave our blessing for his benefit?
                The locals down there are probably starting to realise how over-rated the matty-uteyi brothers are.
                All ten dozen of them.

Comment

Always gave 100% in the RWB. Shame to see him go, but he is only a depth prospect for us and he deserves a better opportunity elsewhere. Good luck to him.

Comment

So this suggests we'll be signing Gordon? My understanding was that a deal with Gordon depended on Elliot being able to move to Newcastle.

Meh I'll wait until there's an official announcement...

Comment

I guess the point here is..why release ANYONE this season unless we are getting a similar transfer ourselves.
                      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                        I guess the point here is..why release ANYONE this season unless we are getting a similar transfer ourselves.

Season over. May as well give the young guys a go and shift some of this years' salary cap to future years.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                          Yeah well exactly! Why lose depth without gaining anything? We seem to like releasing people and then hoping a superstar will become available.

On the flip side, maybe we don't care? Season's over and we have a stack of telented/motivated juniors who are excited about playing 1st grade, regardless of the results. If people are getting negative and don't wanna train hard/be positive when times are tough then let them leave (if that's what they want.) No use forcing them to stay. Punt them, reward those who rock up with a good attitude each week and keep that money in the bank for a time when the right player shows up.

It's like buying a house right now. I have the money for one but I don't HAVE to buy any house just because it comes on the market. Might as well relax, save my coin and wait for the right fit rather than feeling I HAVE to move out of our 1br apartment just because we have a baby. You don't NEED a big house. Babies can go and play in the park or whatever, while we save money and wait for the right option to come along.

Comment

Sad to see him go. Always gave his all, and to be honest was really dumb of the club to leave him at wyong while we only had like 1 original member of back line (Fergo), playing, with injuries and Tupou on the other wing. More deserving than Tupou and Burgess, and tbh I'd be mad at the club and leave too if I was him. I mean, Tupou playing his worst footy ever? lets bring Burgess in. Copley out for 10 rounds, lets not bring Elliot in. SKD injured? Let's play some second rowers there. Fergo out for rep footy? MORE SECOND ROWERS THERE. Not elliot, so i'd be peeved if was him. So yea I think he deserves a first grade spot, and if he's gonna get that at Newcastle, so be it. Should be playing first grade but for some reason they can't find a spot for him in our team, even when most of the back lines out. So I totally respect his decision, but will be sad to see him go. All the best Brendan. Silly club. Best we have defensively atm

Comment

I really think the recruitment & retention strategy of the roosters in 2016 needs to be placed under the microscope. We have good business people in our club. Decisions and judgement have been extremely poor. No clear and transparent explanation to fans as to why Maloney and Jennings were let go whilst we still has $600k left. I don't think RTS threat was ever completely our the radar when signed with the Warriors (something we may regret over time). We seemed to be continually hung up on a pipe dream of chasing SBW and the Hayne plane but missing what is actually in front of us. We had the playing roster to success. Did we get too greedy?? Now the apparent signing of Gordon and the release of Elliott. What is the strategy? We need to settle on and develop the team. As a fan, I'm just so frustrated and unclear as to what we are trying to achieve.

Comment

Working...
                              X