YAY WE ARE FINALLY FIGHTING THESE #RICKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY WE ARE FINALLY FIGHTING THESE #RICKS

Following the news that Roosters forward Dylan Napa was cited by the NRL Match Review Committee, the Club has today elected to enter a Not Guilty plea.
    Napa was cited for a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on James Tedesco in the 1st minute of the game against the Wests Tigers on Sunday afternoon.
    If the Club is successful in fighting the charge, Napa will be available to face the Melbourne Storm on Saturday night.
    If he is found guilty, he will be unavailable for selection in Round 14 and hold 62 carry-over points.
    The judiciary hearing will be held at Rugby League Central on Wednesday night.

Read more at http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2016...k97FXwt7Ccl.99
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

It was a no brainer. Guilty or not guilty was always going to be one week.

Comment

Not sure what the defence will be, he seemed to hit him pretty flush, maybe falling?.

Can't believe how they threw out the stomping charge by the souths player, because the panel all agreed there was not enough force to cause damage? Are these idiots for real? Players get charged for barely touching a ref in a gesture of understanding, yet a player twice stomping on another gets off due to the other player not getting hurt enough. Maybe when a player breaks a nose or causes internal bleeding will it warrant a small suspension?

Comment

Nobodys
        Really
        Laughing

Comment

I understand Napa being charged. What I don't understand is that Korabete and Brown didn't. One was a clear shoulder charge and one was a clear stomp with intention to cause harm. The MRC reasoning for both is ludicrous. Sayin Brown didn't use enough force and Korabete was travelling too fast (as if your only option to tackle at speed is a shoulder charge).
          At times their incompetence is funny, but if you're a team on the wrong end of one of their clangers, it can be really hard to swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by Chooky Chookerson View Post
            I understand Napa being charged. What I don't understand is that Korabete and Brown didn't. One was a clear shoulder charge and one was a clear stomp with intention to cause harm. The MRC reasoning for both is ludicrous. Sayin Brown didn't use enough force and Korabete was travelling too fast (as if your only option to tackle at speed is a shoulder charge).
            At times their incompetence is funny, but if you're a team on the wrong end of one of their clangers, it can be really hard to swallow.
            I think they said with the shoulder charge, that there was separation between arm and torso.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I think they said with the shoulder charge, that there was separation between arm and torso.
              You are right, when I heard the entire quote, they also mentioned that he was travelling at a great speed as an excuse. Also, seeing the footage again, I don't see clear separation. It was a dead set shoulder charge.
              Do we know if Wighton is fighting the charge for touching the linesman? I feel sorry for Canberra if he misses a game for an innocuous touch when the others were so easily dismissed.

Comment

Maybe the MRC flips a coin for each charge - that is the only plausible explanation I can come up with on how the Vermin bloke got off with the stomping.
                Time for the Integrity Unit to investigate the MRC???

Comment

Unfortunately Napa is no hope of playing the storm.
                  We need a bit more from Evans I think.
                  Been disappointed with him this year.

Comment

JWH can and should play 80.

The big man will drag us into the top 8.

Eventually. It's a long climb up that ladder. You can't rush these things.

Comment

enter abraham papali

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                        enter abraham papali

Yeah, I can't figure out why Frei is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Yeah, I can't figure out why Frei is ahead of him in the pecking order.
                          Better ball skills?

Comment

Well, Guerra has the ball handling skills of a lesbian, but he gets picked every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                              Guerra has the ball handling skills of a lesbian .
                              LOL ......friggen classic

Comment

Working...
                              X