Cummins to ref Roosters-Storm game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins to ref Roosters-Storm game

Let's see if anything has changed with Cummins since the expensive Anzac Day match vs Dragons.

Originally posted by Russell Fair Facts View Post
    Let's see if anything has changed with Cummins since the expensive Anzac Day match vs Dragons.
    And the Origin game....

Why has he been given our game vs his loving Storm? Is it match of the round? Isn't Cummins ranked No. 1 ref?
    Roosters For Ever

Comment

When it comes to Melbourne it don't seem to matter which game manager they inflict us with.
      The Storm are refereed differently to every other team in the comp.
      Must be on their tip sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Fair Facts View Post
        Cummins is a shyte ref, but do you really think we'd beat the Storm with another ref unless we bribed them?

It's annoying seeing Smith and Cronk get away with increasingly grubby tactics. However, they also have the skills to backup their form. It's just that on top of this they know what they can get away with so keep doing it (as you would.)

In the past couple of weeks 2 things have concerned me:
        - Origin... Smith played like a farking canetoad. He lay all over the ruck to intentionally slow down the play the ball and spoil the ball where possible. Then when somebody played the ball on his head the ref penalised NSW for going off the mark.
        - One of the Tigers tried Cronk's trademark 'pass the ball to the tackler when he's doing his best to stay out of the play' and it was ruled play-on. Not sure why Gronk always gets a penalty for it? He's not even subtle... he'll look the guy in the eyes, grin for about 10 seconds and throw the pass (despite the fact none of his players want the ball in that direction and he's got no plan...etc.)

I think the Storm will smash us. HOWEVER, I'll appreciate it if the refs are consistent. Let the Storm find their own tries... none of this piggyback selective penalties BS.

Comment

The press conference after the game could again be controversial.
          My suspicion about CumminS being appointed was correct - the NRL are so predictable in so many ways.

Comment

Cummins killed us in that semi against the Storm. It had by far the fewest number of play the balls of all the semis that weekend and yet we couldn't get a penalty.

I actually would like him to get a career-ending injury - though having said that his chum would immediately put him in the bunker.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Cummins is a shyte ref, but do you really think we'd beat the Storm with another ref unless we bribed them?

I think the Storm will smash us. HOWEVER, I'll appreciate it if the refs are consistent. Let the Storm find their own tries... none of this piggyback selective penalties BS.

I hope we Smash Cronk & Smith for the entire 80 mins. If we get hammered then so be it, we are down on troops. I'd prefer a close one of course, but another loss due to the ref or bunker will be impossible to take.

I watched Cronk when they blew the final whistle in Origin 1, and he ran celebrating towards the NSW players to get in their face. Didn't know he was such a drop kick. But I guess there's a lot of niggle & sledging in games (especially SOO) that we don't know about.

Also, let's hope we get a semi decent crowd at least......

Roosters For Ever

Comment

I think Easts are a decent chance this weekend.

Even more so if Napa miraculously gets off his charge.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  I think Easts are a decent chance this weekend.

Even more so if Napa miraculously gets off his charge.
                  I somehow think we might get a win too. No idea why but probably cause most of us aren't hoping for much

Comment

Melbourne's backs are solid without being spectacular. If jwh plays like he did last week and napa plays how he did against souths then there is hope. Shut their forward pack down and pray to God Smith and cronk are off. They're expected to win. Looking towards the next origin game. Could be a boil over.

Comment

I think that the Melbourne Storm are a lot better than people give them credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                        I think that the Melbourne Storm are a lot better than people give them credit for.
                        They play to strict game plans. Well thought out plans. They stick to these plans even if it means slowing the ruck via wrestling, and frustrating the hell out of the opposition. Same with repeat sets - they love it, and they love the grind.

But if they are allowed to play they'll gladly open up and put 50 on you.
                        Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                          Cummins killed us in that semi against the Storm. It had by far the fewest number of play the balls of all the semis that weekend and yet we couldn't get a penalty.

I actually would like him to get a career-ending injury - though having said that his chum would immediately put him in the bunker.
                          Yes, this is the main way he screws us nowadays - it is a more subtle manipulation than lopsided penalty counts, but just as effective.

I suspect that once he gets the Storm to a big enough lead, he'll actually make the penalty stats look favourable to us. Something like 7 to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

I hope we Smash Cronk & Smith for the entire 80 mins. If we get hammered then so be it, we are down on troops. I'd prefer a close one of course, but another loss due to the ref or bunker will be impossible to take.

I watched Cronk when they blew the final whistle in Origin 1, and he ran celebrating towards the NSW players to get in their face. Didn't know he was such a drop kick. But I guess there's a lot of niggle & sledging in games (especially SOO) that we don't know about.

Also, let's hope we get a semi decent crowd at least......

One bit I liked hearing about though.

When Gagai was crying after the Sharks Knights game because his grandmother had died that day and they got flogged the revolting creatures Gallen and Fafita followed him up the tunnel bagging him calling him a sook and asking if he wanted a tissue.

After the Origin game he did exactly the same thing to Fifita in the tunnel.

BTW it's not any media beat up that the Qld side hate Gallen. They really do. I was telling one recently how much I hate the sharks side of grubs and he said he couldn't handle the thought of Gallen retiring with a premiership. No wonder the Aussie team has been split for years.
                            Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 06-08-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Johnny Tobin;n654030]

One bit I liked hearing about though.

When Gagai was crying after the Sharks Knights game because his grandmother had died that day and they got flogged the revolting creatures Gallen and Fafita followed him up the tunnel bagging him calling him a sook and asking if he wanted a tissue.

After the Origin game he did exactly the same thing to Fifita in the tunnel.

BTW it's not any media beat up that the Qld side hate Gallen. They really do. I was telling one recently how much I hate the sharks side of grubs and he said he couldn't handle the thought of Gallen retiring with a premiership. No wonder the Aussie team has been split for years.[/QUOTE

Yep Cronulla are dogs, and drug cheats. They've been lucky with injuries this year as have the other top sides.

I'd love an underdog to win the gf this year. Fark off broncos, cowboys, sharks, and especially Storm
                              Roosters For Ever

Comment

Working...
                              X