$600K = Jimmy Maloney + Finals Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $600K = Jimmy Maloney + Finals Football

We are supposedly $600K under the salary cap in 2016. Surely we could have signed Jimmy for that amount. Instead we looked across the globe and hoped a couple of superstars would come to us. This is absolute stupidity. If we had Jimmy we would still be a good side and we could have afforded him. What gives Uncle Nick??

Originally posted by Elvis Rooster View Post
    We are supposedly $600K under the salary cap in 2016. Surely we could have signed Jimmy for that amount. Instead we looked across the globe and hoped a couple of superstars would come to us. This is absolute stupidity. If we had Jimmy we would still be a good side and we could have afforded him. What gives Uncle Nick??
    Jimmy is getting better and better. Winning Cronulla games with his kicking alone.

It's been said a heap of times on this and other sites, but letting him go was the most stupid, and costly 'retainment' decision of recent history at the Roosters.
    Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

Jimmy is getting better and better. Winning Cronulla games with his kicking alone.

It's been said a heap of times on this and other sites, but letting him go was the most stupid, and costly 'retainment' decision of recent history at the Roosters.
      Especially when we had the cash. Jimmy would sign for $600K. Would Hayne or Sonny? I don't think so, at least not without substantial guaranteed third party deals

Comment

Could/should have kept both Maloney & Jennings

Comment

The issue with Jimmy wasn't the amount paid. Cronulla offered him 3 years, Roosters offered him 2. They gambled on Hastings longer term.

At the moment they made the wrong decision, but we'll only know for sure in a couple of years time.

Comment

Originally posted by Waerea-Beast! View Post
            The issue with Jimmy wasn't the amount paid. Cronulla offered him 3 years, Roosters offered him 2. They gambled on Hastings longer term.

At the moment they made the wrong decision, but we'll only know for sure in a couple of years time.
            I think its already clear that they made the wrong decision. Hasting could not tie Jimmy's bootlaces at the moment.

Comment

We aren't $600K under the cap.

In hindsight, letting Jimmy go was a massive blunder. Add that to losing Roger and we deserve to be where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                We aren't $600K under the cap.

In hindsight, letting Jimmy go was a massive blunder. Add that to losing Roger and we deserve to be where we are.
                So that was all media bullshit? How do you know for sure?

Comment

I think its already clear that they made the wrong decision. Hasting could not tie Jimmy's bootlaces at the moment.

Correct - at the moment.

Comment

People need to stop looking at the past. James Maloney is gone, accept it and deal with it. The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks team is much better than our team as well. James Maloney has walked from one good team to another and good for him I hope he continues to succeed there. We need to work out how to rectify our situation and looking to should have, could have, would have isn't doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                      People need to stop looking at the past. James Maloney is gone, accept it and deal with it. The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks team is much better than our team as well. James Maloney has walked from one good team to another and good for him I hope he continues to succeed there. We need to work out how to rectify our situation and looking to should have, could have, would have isn't doing that.
                      Its not so much as being focused on the past as it is about the decisions that were made. Most think we have spare cash. Johnny Tobin says we don't and I have heard elsewhere that maybe we don't as well.

If we do though, what was the club thinking by not offering that money to Jimmy or Jenko. Roger seems to be a different story

If we were ever really interested where was the money for Farrah coming from too?

Comment

The fans never know what the situation regarding the salary cap is so anything is speculation and i do not believe that any newspaper journalist could know the exact dollar amount of our salary cap. For them to say our club is $600,000.00 under the salary cap to sign Jarryd Hayne is just exaggeration to sell newspapers.

The club appeared to choose Jackson Hastings over James Maloney. I don't think they would have kept Maloney at any price because they wanted to back the youngster.

Regarding Robbie Farah it was speculated that Western Suburbs would have to pay a lot of any deal sending him away. That's speculation only and who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                          People need to stop looking at the past. James Maloney is gone, accept it and deal with it. .
                          Making me.

Comment

So that was all media bullshit? How do you know for sure?

I don't know for sue but someone who should assured me that's the case.

Comment

I hope Jimmy wins another premiership this year at Cronulla..

He deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                              X